Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 452
  1. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    What would running 650B dropouts with a 26er wheel do to the BB height and CS length?

    Looking very closely at this frame now. Would love to get a raw frame to have it custom painted by Toxik Labs in Vancouver, would Trident be able to get me one?
    BB height remains the same as 26" for same dropout position, CS length increases by about 10mm over 26" dropout.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  2. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    Really disapointed looking at this weight, expected it to be around 5.9 lbs without shock for L. But 6.3 for M is making it one of the heaviest 160mm enduro frames.

  3. #328
    Junior Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tene View Post
    Really disapointed looking at this weight, expected it to be around 5.9 lbs without shock for L. But 6.3 for M is making it one of the heaviest 160mm enduro frames.
    I am sorry but It looks like you are confused... You were expecting the weight of a carbon frame and that is impossible.

    The lightest 160 aluminium enduro frame is Liteville 301 and its weight is 5.5 lbs in M size without shock, and it weighs the same as Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon (6.16 lbs) with shock.

    So if 6.5 lbs is the final weight without shock (and here Keith is the only one who can confirm that point to us) it would be in the lightest part of aluminium enduro frames.

  4. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    I think those weights might be wrong. Will get the website updated when we hve frame weight with photo. It's going to be a bit heavier. Remember that this is not a weight weenie bike for those who secretly want to wear lycra and spend more time polishing their bikes than riding them. These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard.

    The efficiency gained from the superior frame stiffness combined with linkage kinematics will more than make up for any weight increase over competitors on the climbs, and when pointing downhill you'll be going to fast to think about anything else.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  5. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I think those weights might be wrong. Will get the website updated when we hve frame weight with photo. It's going to be a bit heavier. Remember that this is not a weight weenie bike for those who secretly want to wear lycra and spend more time polishing their bikes than riding them. These bikes are designed to be ridden, and ridden hard.

    The efficiency gained from the superior frame stiffness combined with linkage kinematics will more than make up for any weight increase over competitors on the climbs, and when pointing downhill you'll be going to fast to think about anything else.
    Thatīs the main point...


  6. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Kieth or Jay, can you tell us what Msrp is for Canada and the US please.

  7. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  8. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    And that is? I mean I can check Jenson USA and see the US sells it for $2000. but what about Canada, what is the actual MSRP for us up here?

  9. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    338
    Yikes, need a decoder ring anymore to figure out front derailleurs. I gave up on Shimano's direct mount lingo, and went with an X9 S3 Bottom Pull 2X10 - which I assume will work on a 3X10 with a bash guard.

  10. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    MRSP will be the same as they currently are for the Prime.
    Still trying to find out what the Canadian MSRP is. Bike. Shops in Canada say they do not know but does Banshee have a suggested MSRP for Canada? I even asked a few about the Prime since you said they would be similar but they did not know that either.

    The reason I am asking is if it is 2k I would be better off sellin my bike as a whole but if it is closer to $2200 then I would be better off to just try to sell the parts I think.
    Last edited by Mishtar; 10-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.

  11. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    Regional MRSP's are actually set by the distributors based on the MRPS we provide in US$. I just spoke with Trident, and MRSP in Canada is $2075
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  12. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Thank you!

  13. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Kieth, as far as the CCDB Air goes will the Rune require the modified HV inner can?

  14. #339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Boost Valve Pressure 200 PSI
    Valving Assy: 2013 FLOAT CTD BV, VTL, RTM
    Sleeve-Option LV
    Air Volume Space = 0.4
    Kashima Label Gold (Std)
    Wait a minute here ( bolded for interesting )

    So I need Low Volume shock for the new Rune?

  15. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    Wait a minute here ( bolded for interesting )

    So I need Low Volume shock for the new Rune?
    LV - Large Volume

  16. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Regional MRSP's are actually set by the distributors based on the MRPS we provide in US$. I just spoke with Trident, and MRSP in Canada is $2075
    With which Rear Shock?

  17. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    With which Rear Shock?
    I can asnwer this as I looked into it already with Trident and it is with the Fox Float CTD.

  18. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Kieth, as far as the CCDB Air goes will the Rune require the modified HV inner can?
    We have done some testing, and overall we prefered the HV can, and will be specing that with a couple of internal spacers, however the regular can worked 95% as well as final tune, and gave a slightly more progressive XC feel to the bike.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  19. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We have done some testing, and overall we prefered the HV can, and will be specing that with a couple of internal spacers, however the regular can worked 95% as well as final tune, and gave a slightly more progressive XC feel to the bike.
    Any more info on the internal spacers? I ask because the frame warrantys are only available from Trident with the Fox Float or no shock, so if I wanted to buy a CCDB air and get the HV can just wondering what internal spacers i would need.

  20. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    170
    Good to announce that the first rune v2 will arrive to my home in 4 days.... are you ready??...

    Find attached the assembly....

    Rune V2- what is your wishlist?-imagen1.jpg

    As you can see, I expected the weight of the frame having no idea about the real one but 3.400kg size L or 3.500 itīs perfectly possible... so I think itīs a rasonable approximation...



    pd: Many thanks to keith and jay for their support and lovely treatment;

  21. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Any more info on the internal spacers? I ask because the frame warrantys are only available from Trident with the Fox Float or no shock, so if I wanted to buy a CCDB air and get the HV can just wondering what internal spacers i would need.

    Rune spec for the DBair is Xvol can with 1 large volume spacer. Base settings are as follows:

    LSR - 14 clicks in
    LSC - 10 clicks in
    HSR - 2 turns in
    HSC - 2 turns in

    These are just a rough guide to get started, but I actively encourage riders to make adjustments and try tuning the shock to match their personal needs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  22. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    what frame size do you recommend to a person who is 8'2'' tall with a 35'' inseam?

  23. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,440
    Xxxxxxxxl

  24. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    yeah obviously.

    This was supposed to be 6'2'' in fact.

  25. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,440
    You are tweener in my book. Large with a 70 mm stem or XL with a 50mm

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GPS wishlist
    By matt_brodie in forum GPS, HRM and Bike Computer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
  2. a wishlist for nino
    By peabody in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
  3. wishlist for HH frames for 05???
    By hammerheadbikes in forum Titus
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:25 AM
  4. Keystone Wishlist
    By ezweave in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:12 AM
  5. Keystone Wishlist
    By ezweave in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •