mtbr member

Rune V2 Fox CTD volume spacers

I looked for the info before and asked once in the Rune thread and never found the info. I opened my shock up tonight and found that the shock has the 2nd from the smallest or 0.40 spacer in it stock.

http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...SpacerProc.htm

I moved up one size(0.60) hoping to make it a ramp up a bit more. I'm a big guy and could use all the travel pretty easily. I may end up messing with it more but its really easy to change. The change can be done in a few minutes. Having never done it before it took less than 15minutes total time. I lost no float oil since I didnt pull the can all the way off and just added maybe 1cc as lube and just to keep it wet inside.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Interesting, let us know how it goes with the next size up!

mtbr member
    So the trails are clear enough I got to ride it some and it ramps up quicker and didnt bottom out. I'm going to drop a bit more pressure out and try it again. Its deffinitly a step in the right direction though.

mtbr member
    I let out a bit of pressure since last time out and rode twice since last week. After riding some single track yesterday and some DH sections I know well this deffinitly helped. It got close to bottoming but didnt and small bump compliance is better. Theres no drop's in the area I rode so not bottoming it is good cause I means I have some left for drop's. I'm going to leave it as is and get a few more rides on it and see how it feel's at a few other trail's.

mtbr member
    I moved up 1 size spacer today and will report back after getting a few rides on it. I can still use all the travel and it rides awesome. I just can use all the tavel a bit easier than I'd like. I've been pounding on it pretty hard and getting a bit more ramp up might help some.

mtbr member
    Quick update compression side feel's good and ramps up perfect but I ran into one issue. Its rides fine for me but the rebound adjuster is maxed to keep it from trying to buck you. I guess the ramp up to keep it from hitting full crush easily is making it hard for the shock to control the rebound. It was not maxed till I did the last spacer change. It works great for me this way but its at its limit.