mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Rune V2 DU bushing play

My Banshee Rune V2 arrived in december of 2012. After my first few rides I would notice a "looseness" about the linkage but could not figure it out. Now after quite some time on the bike I have definitively determined that the issue lies in the DU bushing that links to the rear triangle that came with the bike. I have the Fox CTD shock. I was wondering if perhaps the DU was slightly oversized or out of spec hence the play I can feel in the linkage when unweighting the bike. I was wondering if there is a replacement option that could be sent to me.

I really love the bike but HATE the looseness that I feel which is eerily similar to the looseness for the worn bushing in my V1 Rune.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar issue. I really want to get this fixed up ASAP because I have been riding with it this way for far too long at this point.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

HOLLA!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey Anthony,

Swing by the shop, we can pop a new DU bushing in for ya. It takes a few minutes. Those things are wear items and need to be replaced from time to time. Just bring us some beer, we are fresh out of supplies.

mtbr member
    FWIW, I had DU and play issues at shock eyelet with V2 frame as well with standard Rock Shox DU's (despite new DU and hardware with replacement). Had Fox make me a rear shock kit with the plastic DU's and matching hardware for my Monarch RC3 shock. This got rid of play, but came back within a month's time. Decided to install the Fox plastic DU with seals and the RS mounting hardware from before (black anodized metal) and have been trouble/issue/play free every since for well over a few months. I did have a bit of play the other week, but was due to thru bolt being lose, tightened with locktite and play free again. I was going to send my shock back to RockShox to check eyelet diameter for any damage or ovalizing, but glad I didn't as it works great now with above set-up.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    That's a true riders bike shop rght there! Great stuff Blackstone Bicycles.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog