mtbr member

Rune V2 bearings?

Is there a kit available for the Rune? I noticed the upper pivots use standard 608 RS that are easy to get, but the main pivot of rear end and front have odd numbers on them listed 13-8/13-111 one pivot and 13-52/13-166 for the other one. Hoping to be able to pick up the bearings I need locally, but not sure about the other sizes. Thanks for any feeback on the matter.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Rune V2 lower bearings are 6001 2RS for both pivots and should be just as easy to source as the top bearings if you feel you want to replace them.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The Rune V2 lower bearings are 6001 2RS for both pivots and should be just as easy to source as the top bearings if you feel you want to replace them.
    Great info. May I ask, what is the spec for the two upper link bolts? The inner portion of the socket heads on my Rune are rusty. Purely cosmetic, but I would like to find some SS options. I assume the lower link bolts are SS as the rust isn't showing on those. Are my assumptions accurate? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    All bolts are chrome plated high tensile steel, so shouldn't rust (Have you tried just wiping it off?). SS bolts aren't a great option, as SS is quite a week material compared to high tensile steel.

The top bolts are DIN 912 M5x10mm.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks for letting me so promptly. The bike is currently in pieces waiting to be rebuilt. Can I use the Enduro 2RS MAX style bearings?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    How about Ceramic-Hybrids, will they last longer or best to stay with single row or MAX style bearings instead?

Thanks.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You can use whatever bearings you want as long as they are the right size. I personally avoid ceramic bearings high pivots which are prone to shock loading, as steel bearings tend to last a lot longer, the enduro MAX bearings should work fine.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    You can use whatever bearings you want as long as they are the right size. I personally avoid ceramic bearings high pivots which are prone to shock loading, as steel bearings tend to last a lot longer, the enduro MAX bearings should work fine.
    Thanks, was able to get them today from shop and should be back riding in no time!
    Ride On!