Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hi Guys,
    Loving the reviews! please keep your ride thoughts coming, pics and vids if you got them

I have a medium Prime coming soon, and I am really looking forward to it!

Currently riding a Medium NomadC around with 66's on it and its a bit of a handful for my neck of the woods, so I am hoping the Prime will make a better all day ride, for our little trails around south Wales

MTB B'dos
    Not sure what stay clearance is like on the Nomad, but for sure that's something you'll love about the Prime; room enough for 2.4" Ardent and still loads of room for mud and muck. FYI, I just measured my pre-production chain and seat stays yesterday 83 & 86mm wide Oh and you'll love the general feel and ride of it as well, great all rounder , especially if you're biased to the bigger DHs.
    Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Loving the reviews! please keep your ride thoughts coming, pics and vids if you got them

I have a medium Prime coming soon, and I am really looking forward to it!

Currently riding a Medium NomadC around with 66's on it and its a bit of a handful for my neck of the woods, so I am hoping the Prime will make a better all day ride, for our little trails around south Wales
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Prime
    I won't bore you guys with what I'll be doing tonight. Pictures soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I won't bore you guys with what I'll be doing tonight. Pictures soon.
    Godspeed, Sir!

mtbr member
    Fall weather/ riding! What could be better?!

Prime
    At midnight I realized that I didn't have the little end cover thingies for my cables, so I called it a night. I'll finish it today. I'll tell you what though, I have my KS LEV right at the minimum insertion line to get the extension that I ride, may have to violate it just a bit.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    [QUOTE=Optimus;9820767I'll tell you what though, I have my KS LEV right at the minimum insertion line to get the extension that I ride, may have to violate it just a bit.[/QUOTE]

Join the club

Prime
    Kind of a crappy pic, better ones to follow. But anyway, taddah!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7443.jpg  

beater
    Congrats!
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Prime
    Just finished shortening the hoses, back was a breeze, front was a real pita. Going out to wrap my chain stay, maiden voyage in the morning.

Banshee peoples- very nice quality. Appearance and finish are excellent, welds are very nice, all mechanical features smooth and free, trouble free assembly. This is my second Banshee frame, and I am very pleased to this point.

mtbr member
    Just finished shortening the hoses, back was a breeze, front was a real pita. Going out to wrap my chain stay, maiden voyage in the morning.

Banshee peoples- very nice quality. Appearance and finish are excellent, welds are very nice, all mechanical features smooth and free, trouble free assembly. This is my second Banshee frame, and I am very pleased to this point.
    Much easier when the frame isn't built up.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Much easier when the frame isn't built up.
    5 minute job regardless, ready to rock and roll.

Prime
    5 hour shake down cruise this morning.

Initially, it felt tall, felt firm. As I got warmed up to it and started to understand how it likes to work, I started to like the firmness for general purpose trail pedalling. I played around with the CTD settings, I used T for everything except downhill chunky. I'm sure that once the suspensions breaks in it will feel a bit softer. One of my biggest complaints with my Firebird has always been that it's overly plush for my liking, so the Prime is fine. Down hill, through the chunk, shock on D, this bike rips. All thoughts of firm went away, I hammered thru all kinds of rock and drops of 2 foot or so and the Prime gobbled it all up. In places where I normally slow down and pick my way thru, I just leaned back a bit and stayed off the brakes, this bike held it's line superbly and plowed through with complete confidence. I even found myself taking new lines simply because I knew this beast would eat it up. In a nut shell, I LIKE IT!!!

33.1 lbs
    Medium
    F34 Talas fork
    Fox CTD rear shock
    e*thirteen LG1+ hubs, rear 150mm (rear currently is DT Swiss 240s 135 mm, waiting on drop outs)
    WTB i23 rims
    Butcher 2.3 Control front 27 psi, Purgatory 2.3 Control rear 30 psi, both tubeless
    Saint brakes w/Icetech rotors, 203mm front, 180mm rear
    X9 derailluers and shifters
    2X10
    XT cranks
    Saint pedals
    KS Lev dropper
    WTB Vigo saddle
    70mm Haven stem
    750mm Havoc bars
    ODI Rogues

I'm 6' tall, I have absolutely no doubts after today that for my terrain and riding desires a Medium was the way to go. Although, my KS is right at the minimum insertion line. Also, I normally ride Specialized LoPro2 pedals, the Saints have a bigger platform and I like them better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7471.jpg  

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7473.jpg  

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7474.jpg  

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7475.jpg  

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-dscn7458.jpg  

beater
    Glad to hear that you made the right decision on the frame size! Looks great.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Sweet Optimus! That build is looking very clean. So its a SOMO shredder and did you climb up Natty? Bring it up to Ptown for some Dells fun.
    JRA

Prime
    No National today helimech, I wanted to get a good feel for the handling before I go up for a serious thrashing. I did though take it on Corona de Loma and Beverly Canyon, which both have some fairly fast and chunky descents, not to mention some challenging climbs. Didn't take long though to get comfortable on it and really let it rip. Probably National next weekend, maybe the following weekend I can make it up your way, on the 10th.

MTB B'dos
    Optimus, looks great, very nice, solid build, even with a dropper post 2.5lbs lighter than mine. When you get out with some riding buddies and get to snap some pics, don't forget to post them up, especially curious to see a side shot of you on the bike - still can't picture someone only 2.25" shorter than me on a Medium and not Large.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Prime
    LyNx, I shot some video today, as soon as I get that edited I'll post it up.

Prime
    I apologize for the crappy quality, this came from a 4 megapixel camera from back when 4 megapixel was top of the line. Can you even get 4 meg anymore?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Looks great Optimus!
    That's a 5" Lev yes? Looks proportional to me. Nice to know you could run a 6" dropper if/when they come available

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

tip:

Put some clear tape to protect the swingarm where cables/hoses go over/near the top pivot point, most of cable rub happens there.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    There is actually a secret cable guide in that area!

see below.... you can run a ziptie around the swingarm vert support, run it just above the gusset on the backside, which keeps it in place. The ziptie can't slide upwards, since the support gets wider....

One of the things I love about the prime is the clean full length cables (no sharp bends!) and the ability to run a good fender. Ive got this simple DIY one that goes all the way up from the BB, and still clears a 2.4 tire packed with mud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Production Prime Photo/Build thread-primezip.jpg  

MTB B'dos
    In the 8 months I've had mine I can't say as I've noticed any actual abrasion to the frame from cable rub and I've been riding it in some pretty nasty conditions, probably about 700-800 miles so far on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakucee View Post
    tip:

Put some clear tape to protect the swingarm where cables/hoses go over/near the top pivot point, most of cable rub happens there.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    In the 8 months I've had mine I can't say as I've noticed any actual abrasion to the frame from cable rub and I've been riding it in some pretty nasty conditions, probably about 700-800 miles so far on mine.
    Might have some clear coat missing there then

mtbr member
    No National today helimech, I wanted to get a good feel for the handling before I go up for a serious thrashing. I did though take it on Corona de Loma and Beverly Canyon, which both have some fairly fast and chunky descents, not to mention some challenging climbs. Didn't take long though to get comfortable on it and really let it rip. Probably National next weekend, maybe the following weekend I can make it up your way, on the 10th.
    I'll note the 10th in my calendar. But, there is talk of a goatcamp romp that sat. You should try the prime on on this romp . Will keep ya posted. I want my V2 now .
    JRA

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast