Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1481
  1. #1401
    Prime
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,138
    You using a long cage rear mech, FM?

  2. #1402
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You using a long cage rear mech, FM?
    Mid cage XT on the prime, XT casette.
    And an MRP AMG guide. Shifts great, quiet, light... super happy with this set-up.

    I'm running the same set-up with a short cage ZEE on my hardtail. This short cage works great, but only because the chainstay length is fixed.

    Got a box off front derailleurs and bar ends...destined to be yard art.

  3. #1403
    AOK
    AOK is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,459

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Got a box off front derailleurs and bar ends...destined to be yard art.
    I have the same problem!

  4. #1404
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,922
    Well before you do that, throw them in the post, some of us still believe in a 2X setup

    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Got a box off front derailleurs and bar ends...destined to be yard art.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    I have the same problem!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  5. #1405
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552

    Re: Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    !!ALMOST!!

    So close to being finished!
    Steerer tube needs to be cut, brake lines shortened and a new saddle.

    The only downside is that I have family visiting for a week so riding this beauty will have to wait.

    Here's a few phone pics of the build so far.






  6. #1406
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,268
    No you need to get out anyway.

    That is why you need other bikes , So they can come for a ride to.


    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    !!ALMOST!!

    So close to being finished!
    Steerer tube needs to be cut, brake lines shortened and a new saddle.

    The only downside is that I have family visiting for a week so riding this beauty will have to wait.

    Here's a few phone pics of the build so far.






  7. #1407
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    !!ALMOST!!

    So close to being finished!
    Steerer tube needs to be cut, brake lines shortened and a new saddle.

    The only downside is that I have family visiting for a week so riding this beauty will have to wait.
    Sweet build!
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  8. #1408
    Prime
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Steerer tube needs to be cut, brake lines shortened and a new saddle.
    Very nice, RE.

    Steerer is fine, now you have a place to mount a bottle cage, LOL.

  9. #1409
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552

    Re: Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    I APPROVE!



    I managed to get out for a quick ride!

    !!SO!! !!STOKED!!

  10. #1410
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,010
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    I APPROVE!

    I managed to get out for a quick ride!

    !!SO!! !!STOKED!!
    Looks good man! Hitting some valley trails with it?

  11. #1411
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552

    Re: Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Looks good man! Hitting some valley trails with it?
    Yeah, High Side - HiHi - Highline - AM/PM.
    So dusty and loose right now! Some of the corners on High Side were a foot deep in moon dust!
    It made for an excitingly drifty inaugural ride on the Prime!

  12. #1412
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552
    My build has finally been completed!
    6 months of waiting for the availability of parts at the right prices. Finally!


    The build:

    Frame - 2013 Banshee Prime XL raw
    Shock - CCDBA CS
    Fork - 2014 Fox 34 Float FIT CTD
    Stem - Chromag BZA 35 50mm
    Bars - Chromag BZA 35 780mm carbon
    Brakes - Avid X0 Trail 200mm
    Shifter - SRAM X9
    Grips - Chromag Squarewave
    BB - Truvativ GXP
    Cranks - SRAM X0 175mm
    Chainring - Chromag X-Sync direct mount 28T
    Pedals - Chromag Scarab
    Seat Clamp - Chromag QR
    Seat Post - Banshee 380mm
    Saddle - Chromag Trailmaster LTD
    RD - SRAM X0
    Cassette - 10spd SRAM with OneUp 42T and 16T cogs
    Rims - Derby HD carbon
    Hubs - Front CHUB, Rear 150mm eThirteen
    Tires - Front Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Rear Maxxis HR2

    I managed to get out for a quick ride to suss out my suspension set up after I picked up my bike from having the steerer cut and brake lines shortened. I think I got pretty close but a short ride didn't tell me everything. More riding is needed to get the fork and shock dialed.
    What I did notice right from the start was how freaking responsive carbon rims are for direction change! Paired with a stiffer fork from what I'm used to I found myself oversteering regularly!

    Now for some first ride bike pr0n pics!

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160076.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160078.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160079.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160081.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160084.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160087.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160094.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160089.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160100.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160102.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160104.jpg

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-p9160105.jpg
    Last edited by RideEverything; 09-17-2014 at 09:06 AM.

  13. #1413
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,268
    Nice build, enjoy


    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    My build has finally been completed!
    6 months of waiting for the availability of parts at the right prices. Finally!


    The build:

    Frame - 2013 Banshee Prime XL raw
    Shock - CCDBA CS
    Fork - 2014 Fox 34 Float FIT CTD
    Stem - Chromag BZA 35 50mm
    Bars - Chromag BZA 35 780mm carbon
    Brakes - Avid X0 Trail 200mm
    Shifter - SRAM X9
    Grips - Chromag Squarewave
    BB - Truvativ GXP
    Cranks - SRAM X0 175mm
    Chainring - Chromag X-Sync direct mount 28T
    Pedals - Chromag Scarab
    Seat Clamp - Chromag QR
    Seat Post - Banshee 380mm
    Saddle - Chromag Trailmaster LTD
    RD - SRAM X0
    Cassette - 10spd SRAM with OneUp 42T and 16T cogs
    Rims - Derby HD carbon
    Hubs - Front CHUB, Rear eThirteen
    Tires - Front Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Rear Maxxis HR2

    I managed to get out for a quick ride to suss out my suspension set up after I picked up my bike from having the steerer cut and brake lines shortened. I think I got pretty close but a short ride didn't tell me everything. More riding is needed to get the fork and shock dialed.
    What I did notice right from the start was how freaking responsive carbon rims are for direction change! Paired with a stiffer fork from what I'm used to I found myself oversteering regularly!

    Now for some first ride bike pr0n pics!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160076.jpg 
Views:	1565 
Size:	306.5 KB 
ID:	924088

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160078.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	924089

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160079.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	924090

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160081.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	924091

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160084.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	924092

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160087.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	924093

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160094.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	249.9 KB 
ID:	924095

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160089.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	924094

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160100.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	924096

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160102.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	924097

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160104.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	924098

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9160105.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	924099

  14. #1414
    Learning to Fly
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    144
    Dang. That is a tight build right there.

    Get's me all extra excited for my own 13' Raw XL, next week!
    Just did the great frame size debate. How tall are you / inseam etc.? Still trying to validate my XL and 35mm stem plan.

    Can't tell from the pics. Are the decals under the clear coat or on top? I was hoping to strip most of them.

    Super nice build man! How could you not be stoked!?

  15. #1415
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesN'Cream View Post
    Dang. That is a tight build right there.

    Get's me all extra excited for my own 13' Raw XL, next week!
    Just did the great frame size debate. How tall are you / inseam etc.? Still trying to validate my XL and 35mm stem plan.

    Can't tell from the pics. Are the decals under the clear coat or on top? I was hoping to strip most of them.

    Super nice build man! How could you not be stoked!?
    Thanks!
    I am super stoked!
    I really shouldn't be saying this but I really need my family to finish their visit so I can get some serious riding done on this beauty of a bicycle!!

    I'm a giant at 6'6" and 240ish geared up. My inseam, if I remember correctly, is +/- 36".

    And, unfortunately, the decals are under the clear coat. I had the same plan as you to remove all but a few.

  16. #1416
    Learning to Fly
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    144
    Awesome. I'm 3" shorter than you but similar inseam, 35.5in and weight.

    Too bad about the decals but as it goes I don't mind them. I had plans to do matte silver vinyl graphics for a stealth raw look... and black on black fox stickers. Graphic designer raises hand...

    Please do share your thoughts as you get things dialed in. I'll do the same.

  17. #1417
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,922
    Fantastic build, would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous of some of the parts on that thing Was looking at the full pic and exposed seatpost and wondering how frikin tall you were to have that much out, thinking you've got a bit more than a 36" inseam though going from the measly amount of post I had showing on my XL, my size 13"/48 feet and 35.25" inseam. While not debating the carbon rim stiffness thing, those Chubb hubs and much larger than normal hub flanges and hence quite a bit shorter spokes are also playing a big effect.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  18. #1418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,527
    Nice build. I am really trying to restrain myself from buying Derby wheels.

    Had a nice crash yesterday on a new trail, which has convinced me to buy a dropper post. I figure as long as I am replacing the brake line that got tore off, I might as well get a new post.

    Crappy pic of some new stuff on the trails. Production Prime Photo/Build thread-holzinger.jpg

  19. #1419
    AOK
    AOK is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,459

    Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything;
    What I did notice right from the start was how freaking responsive carbon rims are for direction change!
    Carbon rims in general are great, but Derby rims are awesome. Been riding Derbys on my Prime for a year and now have a set on the Phantom. Great product!

    Congrats on the build. Looks great and I know from experience that the Prime is a blast to ride. You are in for some good times.

  20. #1420
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552

    Re: Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Fantastic build, would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous of some of the parts on that thing Was looking at the full pic and exposed seatpost and wondering how frikin tall you were to have that much out, thinking you've got a bit more than a 36" inseam though going from the measly amount of post I had showing on my XL, my size 13"/48 feet and 35.25" inseam. While not debating the carbon rim stiffness thing, those Chubb hubs and much larger than normal hub flanges and hence quite a bit shorter spokes are also playing a big effect.
    Thank you Captain Obvious!
    I am aware that my wheel build as a whole is substantially stiffer than a regular build because of both the rim, shorter spokes and large flanges on the hubs.
    I just thought that I could riff on the largest portion of the wheel and not have to explain my complete understanding of the build.
    I'll remember for next time to get into the minute when posting so as to make sure you don't have to point out anything I missed.
    Or, maybe, I won't so that you can continue feeling like you're the expert on everything Banshee.

    Oh, and, out of curiosity I measured my inseam again and it's a touch over 37".

  21. #1421
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,527
    RideEverything, riding a Banshee Prime does not make you a badass. Lynx wasn't being a dick with regards to your wheelset, if anything he was complimenting your choice of components, which led to an overall stiff build.

    So stop yo bichin.

  22. #1422
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552

    Re: Production Prime Photo/Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    RideEverything, riding a Banshee Prime does not make you a badass. Lynx wasn't being a dick with regards to your wheelset, if anything he was complimenting your choice of components, which led to an overall stiff build.

    So stop yo bichin.
    It didn't make me a badass because I was already a badass!

    And, I stand by my original comment.
    Funny how nobdy gets up in arms at qbert for rightfully busting LyNx' balls for his usual "expert" opinion.

    I'm actually surprised that he had time to post it the Prime thread since he has his hands full reigning over the Phantom threads dolling out "expert" info to us lesser bike riding beings.

  23. #1423
    Oh, I've GOT bike money
    Reputation: JACKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    531
    I pulled the trigger today! I got mine ordered from Rbikes. It's coming direct from Banshee. Raw XL, and they said it was the last XL. It's a 2013 model so I have to wonder if there were any 2014 XLs.

    My build won't be anything fancy. I've got a Trace, Flow Exs, 1x10 setup, XT brakes. For the shock, I'm ultimately going to go with a CCDB Inline. However I may throw a cheap used shock on while I check the bike out and make sure it is going to work out for me.

    I really want the decals off! Probably not enough to mess up the clear though.

  24. #1424
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,268
    Wow nice way to talk to someone that is saying they like your bike.

    Good thing he didn't slam the build.

    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious!
    I am aware that my wheel build as a whole is substantially stiffer than a regular build because of both the rim, shorter spokes and large flanges on the hubs.
    I just thought that I could riff on the largest portion of the wheel and not have to explain my complete understanding of the build.
    I'll remember for next time to get into the minute when posting so as to make sure you don't have to point out anything I missed.
    Or, maybe, I won't so that you can continue feeling like you're the expert on everything Banshee.

    Oh, and, out of curiosity I measured my inseam again and it's a touch over 37".

  25. #1425
    Learning to Fly
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    144
    Moved to reply with quote.

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •