Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1481
    Prime
    6'0", "average" build, medium fits great with a 65mm stem and 750mm bars.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I wish it was solid. Last I heard it was on the boat to the distributor. This was a week or so ago.

AOK
    mtbr member

Production Prime Photo/Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    If you can wait a week or so I'll be getting rid of my medium yellow frame once my Phantom gets here. I'm 5'11 and it fits me well for a longer travel bike with a 60-70mm stem and 760mm bars.
    Does that mean you got a solid date on when your Phantom ships?

MTB B'dos
    From their FB page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Bikes
    Darkside and Phantom Update for North American Customers:

The Darksides and Phantoms are on the water to our North American Distributor Trident Sports, and should be landing before the end of the month. We are sorry for the slight delay due to a shipping issue.
    Don't worry man, like the Prime, it'll be well worth the wait
    Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Does that mean you got a solid date on when your Phantom ships?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    I thought I would update this thread with some thoughts after almost 2 years aboard the Prime.

I think this is the longest I can remember owning a frame without even considering something different. The Prime has met all of my MTB'ing needs the last 2 seasons, and then some. After moving to Fruita, CO last July, the bike has seen a substantial amount of additional abuse without even flinching. In fact, I just finished the first bit of maintenance it has seen since I moved here (mostly due to the transition and all my tools being in boxes). The frame has performed flawlessly! It is an amazingly stout chassis that loves to be abused...it simply takes all you can dish out while begging for more

My only gripe would be the Fox CTD. I have been consistently underwhelmed by it's performance, but am likely going to upgrade both ends soon with an Avalanche tuned solution.
    For only 130mm of rear travel, the bike is amazingly competent in the chunk and I look forward to continue testing it's limits!

A pic of the current build & a few shots from the year to enjoy

mtbr member
    Yeah, totally agree, I'm in the second season on my production version plus 1 season on the proto. The bike gets better with age, if anything happens to it I'd buy it all over again.

Bnerd
    @jncarpenter, in the first photo I see you have Derby rims on the Prime and then in the all the following pics you're running different rims/wheels.

What are your thoughts on the Derby's? And, why are you not using them in the action shots?

I'm curious because I have a set of Derby Heavy Duty 29" rims waiting to be built up for my ever so slow Prime build project.
    Also, I see that you're a small guy. Which I'm not. So, if you have any concerns about the Derby's I will start to be worried!
    I've also come across some chatter on the intertubes about Derby rims and weight limits that has me ever so slightly concerned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    @jncarpenter, in the first photo I see you have Derby rims on the Prime and then in the all the following pics you're running different rims/wheels.

What are your thoughts on the Derby's? And, why are you not using them in the action shots?

I'm curious because I have a set of Derby Heavy Duty 29" rims waiting to be built up for my ever so slow Prime build project.
    Also, I see that you're a small guy. Which I'm not. So, if you have any concerns about the Derby's I will start to be worried!
    I've also come across some chatter on the intertubes about Derby rims and weight limits that has me ever so slightly concerned.
    his quote says here is a pic of the "current" build and some shots from the year. looks to me like the derbys are a new addition

mtbr member
    Yes, Derby's are a new addition & have been superb thus far. Also, @RideEverything, you must be a giant to refer to me as a "smaller guy" when I am 6' & 225 lbs

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
    Yeah, totally agree, I'm in the second season on my production version plus 1 season on the proto.
    Same here and I'm still loving mine as well! Haven't posted a build update in a while, but I got mine down to 30lbs for this season, with Next SL carbon cranks, renthal carbon bars & xtr brakes. I've come around to liking the fork at 160mm (now that my shoulder is healed up). Also upgraded to a Monarch plus rc3 with LL tune.

I did have a chance to briefly ride a buddies 2015 carbon nomad the other night- he's sponsored so it's the full-team build with xx1, 27.5 enve M wheels, pike/debonair suspension. Nice bike! It kind of confirmed to me what an awesome ride the prime is though (especially considering the price difference), and also some of the pros & cons of the different wheelsize/travel options.

It seems to me a lot of the newer 27.5 enduro-geometry frames are tending towards longer wheelbase & chainstays, to sort of emulate the stability of AM 29'ers like the prime, but without the inertia & travel limites of bigger wheels.

Anyways, I think one of the coolest things is that I really have no minor gripes or constructive criticism about the product prime after 2 seasons. Usually there's at least something minor to complain about like paint quality or cable routing, or standards evolving, but I really can't think of anything...if mine was stolen I'd build up the exact same bike (assuming I could afford it again LOL).

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Yes, Derby's are a new addition & have been superb thus far. Also, @RideEverything, you must be a giant to refer to me as a "smaller guy" when I am 6' & 225 lbs
    lol!
    I realize that I had confused you with someone else. Also, that you're on a pre production Prime which doesn't have the large gap on the support between the ST and TT, like the XL does on the production frame, making it look like a smaller sized frame at a quick glance.

*edit- looking at your photos of your bike again I see that you're on a production frame. What size is that?

I'm not much bigger than you at 6'6", 235ish.
    Which means I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the Derbys and how they hold up.
    Last edited by RideEverything; 07-13-2014 at 04:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's a production frame, just a medium.

mtbr member
    I've been running the Derby's all spring, tubeless, including 10 days in Moab where I tried to beat the hell out of them. Usually I have 2 -3 dings to pull out of my rims when I get home and have had several flats. All I ended up with was a rock scuff on the rear.
    I'm 6'4", 215lbs with gear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
    I've been running the Derby's all spring, tubeless, including 10 days in Moab where I tried to beat the hell out of them. Usually I have 2 -3 dings to pull out of my rims when I get home and have had several flats. All I ended up with was a rock scuff on the rear.
    I'm 6'4", 215lbs with gear.
    Same here...majorly stiff rear end results in a few rim scuffs. They are far more stiff than the Flow's & just as durable per results thus far!