Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1481
    AOK
    mtbr member

Production Prime Photo/Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    More to come, the forum and my pics aren't getting along.
    Hmmm... That Prime looks vaguely familiar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    North Georgia Yellow Prime Club.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141453.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141530.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141454a.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141453a.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141542a.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141542.jpgProduction Prime Photo/Build thread-0301141452a.jpg

As you can see from the suspension O-rings, it was a good ride

MTB B'dos
    Hum looking nice, as usual. Is that a new hydration pack to match the grips or new grips to match the pack? If those are your regular trails, then I think I'd tend to agree, that like me the Phantom will be a good choice. As to the o-ring, going by what you used on the Pike compared to the DB, I'd say add 10-15 PSI to the Pike, if one of the two are going to use full travel, I'd rather it be the shock over the fork.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0301141530.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	873652

As you can see from the suspension O-rings, it was a good ride
    Last edited by LyNx; 03-02-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yeah, trying to decide if I need less in the shock or more in the fork. Sag is 25% on both, might need to put a token in the Pike.

That's an access trail, so it's pretty tame, but still would be a great fit for a Phantom. That's the plan.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The grips are Turquoise from my Yeti, I thought it was a nice obnoxious touch. The pack is ENDURO blue, of course

MTB B'dos
    I NEVER set fork SAG, only ever set shock SAG as it's very hard to get yourself up and balanced on the pedals where you need to be to set fork SAG. Also as you brake, your weight tends to be propelled forward and changes the whole weight balance making setting SAG on the fork not really accurate, I go by a rough bounce test of putting all my weight on the fork and pushing down, if I can get it to about 40% travel, then that's my starting point, I adjust from there. I'd think that unless you hit some drops on this ride, then the shock is good and the fork wants air so you have something left if you did come across a drop, if you happened to have hit a decent drop and landed nose heavy, then maybe the other way around, but I'm guessing what I said first.

Yeah, trying to decide if I need less in the shock or more in the fork. Sag is 25% on both, might need to put a token in the Pike.

That's an access trail, so it's pretty tame, but still would be a great fit for a Phantom. That's the plan.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Prime
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but proper Prime sag on the shock is 13mm. I set my shock right to the recommendation, and also my fork to RS recommended PSI for my riding weight. I then twiddle with the gizmos to get it to ride the way that I prefer. I am 205ish fully geared, have the HV can on my CC, rarely fully bottom the shock but I rarely go over 3' to flat, and occasionally bottom my fork but never can feel when I do. I may be a complete idiot where bike suspension setup is concerned, but my Strava times downhill through some of the nastiest AZ chunk indicate that I am doing something right. And it just "feels" right, and fast.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    two tokens made a big improvement in my Pike. Before that it felt great, but occasionally let me down while cornering, like there wasn't enough mid stroke support. I had tried increasing compression damping but then the fork started spiking (spiky pike!). adding tokens created more midstroke support with less compression damping.

As for sag, my experience is that sag is totally relative to how progressive your suspension is. 30% sag can be too much if your suspension is too linear, or not enough if it's super progressive.

Riding style is a huge factor too. I know what works for my riding style, might not be optimal for anyone else. I generally prefer suspension that rides firm and progressive with minimal compression damping and moderately fast rebound, so it's active but efficient and only uses full travel when I'm in trouble!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I had no complaints on the ride yesterday. Might tweak some here and there, but overall I was very pleased.

AOK
    mtbr member

From my ride today. I thought I would post a pic that actually has mountains in it instead of the usual "propped against a tree" look.

Powered by ice cream.

Phantom? Is this something I should know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

beater

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Phantom? Is this something I should know about?
    Not sure how relevant it will be to you, but:
    Let's speculate about the new Banshee 29er!
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.