Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Results 1,851 to 1,859 of 1859
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    When we choose shock settings for base tune on the cane creek shocks, we work with them to pick a 'best fit' setup. The base tune certainly is not the tune I expect most people to ride, it's just a starting point to start experiementing from. Remember we have to have one setting to suggest to cautious riders who weigh 50kg up to gressive fast riders who weigh 100kg+. It's impossible to have a base tune that is optimal for everyone.

If you follow the cane creek tuning manual and their new app, it takes a little work to dial in, but you'll get there. But also, don't expect a perfect tune for fast flowy single track to be optimal for rough technical steeps. I suggest you find a trail that is kind of an average for what you ride and tune to that trail. then find a smooth trail and find out what you have to tweak to get what you want on that, and a rough trail and do the same and take note of what you changed. Then if you know you are going to be ridding for a few days on supper rough stuff you can make the adjustments you know work, and likewise for super smooth flowy stuff.

Also... one thing most people overlook is the 5th adjustment on a cane creek, the volume. Personally this is the thing I dial in first from base tune... if I want it more plus to start and have good ramp up, I just add in a spacer or 2, and vice versa. Getting the volume (progression) of the shock right for your bodyweight and riding style is critical.

So, yeah, it takes a little work, but I got my shock setup nicely in about 2 hours including changing the volume slightly. Is time well spent when you get a new shock.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

MTB B'dos
    Keith and RE are absolutely right, you need to adjust your suspension constantly if you're riding different types of trails and I was reminded of this last week in Crested Butte - had the sus dialed for rough and fast, had to slow the rebound way down for the smooth bike park trails. Thinking when I pick up my MY17 Phantom that I'll maybe go with a shock with more tuning options than my X-Fusion 02 RCX, doesn't seem to have enough rebound range for some trails.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Bnerd
    Here's a little vid I put together from all my helicopter clips from my helibike drop recently.

MTB B'dos
    I love those Astars, used to do a boat load of aerial photography from them. What altitude did they take you up to and what was the max they flew at? Max we ever did in a Max Altitude test was 11,000ft IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Here's a little vid I put together from all my helicopter clips from my helibike drop recently.

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    I love those Astars, used to do a boat load of aerial photography from them. What altitude did they take you up to and what was the max they flew at? Max we ever did in a Max Altitude test was 11,000ft IIRC.
    Where we put down was 2141m (7024ft) in elevation. So, a few hundred metres higher than that I guess.
    Flight time was quite short, about 7 minutes. From where we picked up in the valley it was almost a direct flight straight up the face of the mountain to where we were dropped off.

It was so much fun! Even if the trail ride were to suck, which it didn't at all, it still would have been sweet! I mean, how often do you get to do a helicopter shuttle with your bike!
    Thankfully the trail ride after the drop off was kickass! It was about a 1900m (6200ft) descent with only 155m of climbing total spread out over the entirety of the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_112010.jpg  

Bnerd
    Here's some more pictures from my heli drop trip.
    Unfortunately, my friends aren't as "on it" when it comes to sharing photos so I don't have any pictures of me riding.

Here I am in the middle of the hot unload.

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_112539.jpg

This is looking down over the opposite side of where we started riding from.
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_113135.jpg

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_114029.jpg

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_120243.jpg

This is one of the meadows near Tenquille Lake.
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_133505.jpg

Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_141145.jpg

Looking down onto Pemberton Meadows.
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_141826.jpg

Looking back up at the mountains we just descended from.
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-20160910_145803.jpg

This is a screen cap of my gps track from Google Earth of the route we rode.
    Last edited by RideEverything; 09-23-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Bnerd
    I was out enjoying some fresh loam today.

And taking in the view.

Bnerd
    The bike riding season might be over in Whistler!

At the far end of this picture the water was well over my hubs!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Guys
    I need help with Angleset.

Jenson is publishing 2 versions of ZS44

Cane Creek Angleset ZS44 > Components > Headsets > Complete Headsets | Jenson USA
    BAA0199K and BAA0198K

Can anyone advise the difference and correct one for Prime ?

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738