Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 1,801 to 1,845 of 1845
    Bnerd
    Well, it seems the incurable bike disease of Upgrade-itis has flared up again!

The flare up was caused by selling a bike I had given up on selling. I had it posted for the last 1.5 years and finally someone bought it! I was definitely sad to see it go as it had a near and dear spot in my heart even though I hadn't ridden it in a long while. It was a Knolly Delrium.

I just ordered a 2017 Fox Float 36 HSC/LSC 150mm fork for my Prime and a NOBL Wheels rim to go on an eThirteen LG1+ I have.

The trickle down effect in my stable has caused me to build a new wheel. I'm moving the 34 to my Honzo. But the current fork and wheel combo on the Honzo is a 20mm TA. And the hub can't be adapted to 15mm for the 34.
    So, I'm moving my current front end from my Prime to my Honzo and my Prime will be receiving a brand new front end!

For the Prime I'm going to put both the fork and hub adaptability to use and run it with the 20mm TA.
    The 34 is a decent fork but I have been feeling like I'm getting close to out riding it at times on the Prime.

I'll hopefully have the fork by the middle of next week and the wheel built up shortly thereafter.

Stoked!

MTB B'dos
    Friend just got an F36, nice fork, says he can feel some definite improvement over his PIKE. I'm going to throw a bit of maybe not what you want to hear thinking out there..... couldn't you put the 20mm wheel from the Honzo into the F36 since it does either 20mm or 15mm?

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Well, it seems the incurable bike disease of Upgrade-itis has flared up again!

The flare up was caused by selling a bike I had given up on selling. I had it posted for the last 1.5 years and finally someone bought it! I was definitely sad to see it go as it had a near and dear spot in my heart even though I hadn't ridden it in a long while. It was a Knolly Delrium.

I just ordered a 2017 Fox Float 36 HSC/LSC 150mm fork for my Prime and a NOBL Wheels rim to go on an eThirteen LG1+ I have.

The trickle down effect in my stable has caused me to build a new wheel. I'm moving the 34 to my Honzo. But the current fork and wheel combo on the Honzo is a 20mm TA. And the hub can't be adapted to 15mm for the 34.
    So, I'm moving my current front end from my Prime to my Honzo and my Prime will be receiving a brand new front end!

For the Prime I'm going to put both the fork and hub adaptability to use and run it with the 20mm TA.
    The 34 is a decent fork but I have been feeling like I'm getting close to out riding it at times on the Prime.

I'll hopefully have the fork by the middle of next week and the wheel built up shortly thereafter.

Stoked!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Friend just got an F36, nice fork, says he can feel some definite improvement over his PIKE. I'm going to throw a bit of maybe not what you want to hear thinking out there..... couldn't you put the 20mm wheel from the Honzo into the F36 since it does either 20mm or 15mm?
    Nope!

The Honzo wheelset is not going near my Prime!
    It's a decent wheelset. It just doesn't go with the Feng Shui of my build on the Prime. Also, it's not a carbon rim.

Would it have been cheaper? Sure.
    Would I have been happy with the aesthetics? No.
    Do I have the money to upgrade right now? Hell, YES!

All this being said, if I had an utter disaster with my wheel(s) on the Prime then the Honzo's wheels would do in a pinch as a stand-in until something more suitable could be procured.

MTB B'dos
    Hey, sorry, was only having some fun playing "Devils Advocate" Of course nothing is better than new and if you've got the funds to do it, then for sure, do it Out of curiosity, what wheels do you have on the Honzo and why wouldn't you want them on the Prime? I'm guessing maybe not as burly or wide as what you're getting

Nope!

The Honzo wheelset is not going near my Prime!
    It's a decent wheelset. It just doesn't go with the Feng Shui of my build on the Prime. Also, it's not a carbon rim.

Would it have been cheaper? Sure.
    Would I have been happy with the aesthetics? No.
    Do I have the money to upgrade right now? Hell, YES!

All this being said, if I had an utter disaster with my wheel(s) on the Prime then the Honzo's wheels would do in a pinch as a stand-in until something more suitable could be procured.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Oh, I've GOT bike money
    Understand the attachment, but glad you found it a home. Bikes get their feelings hurt when they don't get ridden! Some things take time to sell before the right person comes along.

Based on the pics you've posted over the last year or so, I will not argue with you there! I don't always comment, but I always enjoy checking them out. I look forward to seeing the new setup!

beater
    The new air spring retrofit makes the 34 a whole different fork. I'd highly recommend doing that while you have it off to transfer to your Honzo.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Bnerd
    Hey, sorry, was only having some fun playing "Devils Advocate" Of course nothing is better than new and if you've got the funds to do it, then for sure, do it Out of curiosity, what wheels do you have on the Honzo and why wouldn't you want them on the Prime? I'm guessing maybe not as burly or wide as what you're getting

My Honzo wheelset is a bought used set of MTX33 rims built onto the original low end front Formula hub from the stock Honzo wheelset (non-adaptable 20mmTA) and a 3 or 4 year old bought used SRAM X9 rear hub that has been ticking along very nicely, surprisingly!

I had the wheels built at one of my favourite trusted shops for wheel building here in Whistler and they have been bomb proof if not a little heavy.

I've ordered a carbon rim through NOBL Wheels. They're a Canadian company based here in BC.
    I looked at picking up another Derby rim but even with the deal for being a repeat customer the exchange rate on the dollar still made it more expensive than the NOBL rim.
    The dimensions are similar. The NOBL rim is a millimetre wider on both the inner and outer widths.

I did contemplate LB rims but the wait time was too long.

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    The new air spring retrofit makes the 34 a whole different fork. I'd highly recommend doing that while you have it off to transfer to your Honzo.
    Thanks, maybe I'll look into that.
    I've heard very little about the new 34. But, admittedly, I haven't been paying attention to that.

beater
    I've heard very little about the new 34. But, admittedly, I haven't been paying attention to that.
    Again, highly recommended. It's not that expensive, and improvement is very noticeable.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/fox-wants...pring-kit.html

MTB B'dos
    Been looking to do this to mine and a friends F34s. Called Fox and asked the tech which would offer most improvement, new air spring on a 14-15 or new damper and he said without doubt, new air spring. On a BIG plus, the new air springs go back to the old way of adjusting travel and use snap on spacers and let them go to 120mm again.

MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Powered by ice cream.

Still love the frame.

Shorter chainstay should be only change, try to get them to 17.1ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Bnerd
    Again, highly recommended. It's not that expensive, and improvement is very noticeable.

Fox Wants to Upgrade Your Float 34 Fork With Its New Air-Spring Kit - Pinkbike
    Thanks for the link.
    And, damn you for feeding my Upgrade-itis!!

I have a 2014 34 Float CTD w/ Trail Adjust. The damper isn't too bad but I do wish for a little more adjustment in the form LSC in the D setting. I find the T setting to be a little too firm off the top even with the Trail Adj set to soft.

In your experience does the new air spring help any of this? Or would I be better off getting an aftermarket damper such as the TLA from Vorsprung?

From what the article states is that the top of the stroke has been made more supple. But I wonder if that upgrade will make the mid stroke suffer on older forks.

beater
    Thanks for the link.
    And, damn you for feeding my Upgrade-itis!!

I have a 2014 34 Float CTD w/ Trail Adjust. The damper isn't too bad but I do wish for a little more adjustment in the form LSC in the D setting. I find the T setting to be a little too firm off the top even with the Trail Adj set to soft.

In your experience does the new air spring help any of this? Or would I be better off getting an aftermarket damper such as the TLA from Vorsprung?

From what the article states is that the top of the stroke has been made more supple. But I wonder if that upgrade will make the mid stroke suffer on older forks.
    I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the CTD. I have a 2012 Float.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I'm loving seeing all your primes here... and the great riding spots you have taken them to.

Just wanted to do a bit of forum research with you all if you don't mind... since you have primes and have had time on them... what is your opinion on the amount of travel the frame offers. Do you have any desire for more, or for less, or is it just right for you?

Likewise for geometry... any changes you would like to see in future iterations?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Keith
    Keith, having had a Prime for about a half a year now I can say that this bike is nearing perfection. I have ridden many many many frames in the past, being a previous shop monkey and all for over 10 years.

The only really improvements I can see for this frame are a bit shorter chainstay, say 17.2" ish, but too much shorter for it will probably start affecting this bikes incredible technical climbing. the only other thing I can really think of is a shock tuned for the frame. I have a DB shock and while i do like it, i'm not really blow away by it either, that big dead spot at the beginning of the stroke is annoying though I dont feel it at speed. Only other thing worth mentioning is that the cable routing could be a bit better I feel.

Being a bit lighter would be nice but only if it didnt give up anything else.

Unlike others have mentioned in this thread. I do not notice the "dead spot" in the travel, it might be there a tiny bit but nothing like my version 2 Nomad use to have.

I would also like to note that I would keep front derailleur comparability if possible. If I was in a hillier place than where I am (50 miles west of me) I would seriously consider a 2x setup again. Well atleast until Sram Eagle gets cheaper.

BTW being a taller rider, I will tell you that this frame has fit my much better than anything else I have every ridden. Though I think this would hold true with most of the modern geo. frames. That being said the geo tweaks on the 2016 frame is what made me go with the frame and when a long way to perfecting the ride I am sure. I'm running it with a 150mm Pike and that really feels like the sweet spot to me. surprisingly balanced feeling.

BTW, I also use this bike in endurance races and will be park riding it as well later this year. Though nothing too crazy :P
    2500 mile goal for 2016

1,381.6 miles ridden in 2015

1067.7 miles ridden in 2014

1868.3 miles ridden in 2013

Bnerd
    I finally got my new fork!

It's been a bit of an aggravating wait.
    The Fox distributor that my shop deals with kept promising the fork would be arriving on a particular day and when that didn't happen he would just promise another date a week later.
    My shop cut the middle man out and dealt with Fox directly to find out what was going on. It turns out there was a delay for which no explanation was given.

In the end I got the 2016 Fox Float 36 HSC/LSC 150mm 29er fork because there was one available and the 2017 forks were still in transit in a container somewhere in the Pacific. The only difference between the model years is the stickers on the fork.
    My shop had it express shipped overnight and now I have a brand new fork!

Alright, some pictures.

I've only had one short ride this evening with the new fork.
    Right off the bat there is a big difference in how much better the F36 is than the F34. I know the damper is different and apples to oranges but there's so much more support through the stroke! I set the sag to the recommended "supple" 20% and dialed both the HSC and LSC to the middle settings and was off.

I'm using the 20mm TA with my new front wheel build. The wheel is a NOBL Wheels HD36 rim mated to an eThirteen LG1+ hub.

The ride was pretty good but it turns out that I should have used another stem spacer. I had thought that my spacing was correct when I put everything together but I guess that while riding everything in the headset settled down together creating some space and a slightly loose headset.
    Because of this I didn't ride too hard to see how the fork would perform.

From what I could gather on my ride the fork is solid. Obviously I'll need some more time to get everything dialed in. Straight out of the box it does feel smooth. It rides high in the stroke and deals with small bumps very nicely.
    The fork comes with one token installed and 4 more extra to add if needed. Like I said I'll need some time to see if I need to add any more tokens when dealing with my setup.

Don't get me wrong the F34 CTD is a decent fork. And, I'm riding the hell out of it now on my Honzo. It's just that when it was on my Prime it felt undergunned compared to the CCDBaCS on the rear. It made the bike feel uneven.

My bar height is almost the same with the F36 as it was with the F34. The listed difference is 7mm in A2C. Because there isn't much of a bar height difference climbing steep sections feels the same.

Anyway, I'm excited to charge hard and get sendy with the F36!
    I've been solely riding my Honzo for the last few weeks and I noticed how much faster I can go now that I'm back on my Prime. Maybe I should do that as a regular thing to help get better/faster; spend a chunk of time throughout the season only riding my HT to improve my overall riding skills and get faster when back on a full susser.

Powered by ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Bnerd
    That second video is pretty sweet! I like the effort to make that look smooth!

Bnerd
    I was out for a sizable ride today.

The F36 is awesome! The front end of the Prime is much more controlled and solid feeling.
    I'm still dialling my settings in so I don't know yet if I'll need to add more tokens to the fork.
    The bike is much more balanced front to back.

Here's a few pics from my adventure today.
    Some stats:
    40km door to door
    1382m of climbing
    1 awesome time riding my bike!

Thumbs up! About to drop into Upper Howler

One of the views from Howler.

Peaking over the top of the actual Green Monster on the trail Green Monster.

I had to take a picture of my shock because of just how hard I had bottomed out riding a feature on Green Monster! The travel indicator elastic is buried!
    Time to up the HSC.

MTB B'dos
    So RE, do you now feel that the fork matches the shock in performance and feel? Friend got an F36, but got the TALAS so lost all the nice features that make the F36 so nice

On the new Fox airspring, I've heard it makes a big difference to the earlier forks, when I talked to a Fox tech and asked if it was worth it over the new damper, he said most definitely get the new air spring. Have a friend who owns one, going to be ordering and installing for him this summer, so we'll see what the verdict is.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

live long and huck
    I may have missed it somewhere, but has anybody got a good F36 vs Pike comparison?

Bnerd
    So RE, do you now feel that the fork matches the shock in performance and feel? Friend got an F36, but got the TALAS so lost all the nice features that make the F36 so nice

On the new Fox airspring, I've heard it makes a big difference to the earlier forks, when I talked to a Fox tech and asked if it was worth it over the new damper, he said most definitely get the new air spring. Have a friend who owns one, going to be ordering and installing for him this summer, so we'll see what the verdict is.
    Yes, I'd say the F36 HSC/LSC matches the CCDBaCS for feel. Both are controlled and well mannered in the rough and deal with big hits well.

Although, the CCDBaCS was a time consuming pain in the ass to get set up the way I wanted it to ride. Even now that I'm "happy"with it I had an instance on yesterday's ride where I felt the shock should have handled the hit better. I bottomed the hardest I've ever bottomed on any shock I've had! I keep thinking about getting volume spacers for my shock. I really should just do it so that I can stop playing "what if".

I heard about the new air spring over in the Honzo build thread. Someone suggested I look into getting one for my 2014 F34 CTD that I moved to my Honzo from my Prime. From what I've been able to find out it does sound like it ups the performance of the fork. If my new F36 is any indication it seems like it would be worth it. Granted the dampers are completely different so I'd be worried that I'd be spending money and get no upgrade in performance.

I've also found out from a reputable source that the Performance series of Fox forks are built with a similar damper to the Charger damper in RS forks. The guy who helped develop the Charger at RS has moved to Fox and helped develop the Performance series forks.
    My source told me that the Fox Performance fork rides very similar to the Pike. The difference is that it has less knobs to twiddle (less adjustments). I'm not sure what fork he was riding. Whether it was a 36 or a 34.
    The Performance Series forks are a step below the Factory Series.

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I may have missed it somewhere, but has anybody got a good F36 vs Pike comparison?
    This is a thread from almost a year ago from a forum in my region. I realize you don't know any of the people posting but they are solid riders with great info. One of the posters works for Rocky Mountain IIRC.

29er Fork - Fox 36 or Pike - North Shore Mountain Biking Forums

The short of the long is the 36 rides a little firmer than the Pike but they are very comparable.

MTB B'dos
    Good to hear, thanks for the feedback, looking maybe at picking up a CC DB Inline for my Phantom.

On the performance Series, yeah, anyone I've talked to says that the only thing they share with previous years is the name, performance is actually pretty much on par with the older model Factory.

Yes, I'd say the F36 HSC/LSC matches the CCDBaCS for feel. Both are controlled and well mannered in the rough and deal with big hits well..............................I've also found out from a reputable source that the Performance series of Fox forks are built with a similar damper to the Charger damper in RS forks. The guy who helped develop the Charger at RS has moved to Fox and helped develop the Performance series forks.
    My source told me that the Fox Performance fork rides very similar to the Pike. The difference is that it has less knobs to twiddle (less adjustments). I'm not sure what fork he was riding. Whether it was a 36 or a 34.
    The Performance Series forks are a step below the Factory Series.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Bnerd
    Here's a quick phone video edit from today's ride.
    We rode Green Monster. The trail has a lot of rock face lines. What made the ride even more exciting was that everything was nice and slick because of last night's quick downpour thunderstorm. Most of the rock was dry but our tires were not!

My SO killed it on today's ride! I seemed to be all over the place with my bike. Granted she watched me go first and then could correct everything that I did wrong. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Enjoy!

Here's a few stills from the vid.

Bnerd
    I've been riding by this drop for years. It's just tech enough that I always had a reason not to do it.
    Today I decided to actually drop it. And, it was super easy.
    It's funny how features can grow huge in your mind when in real life they aren't any harder than a move you do regularly on some other trail.

Oh, I've GOT bike money
    Here's a quick phone video edit from today's ride.
    We rode Green Monster. The trail has a lot of rock face lines. What made the ride even more exciting was that everything was nice and slick because of last night's quick downpour thunderstorm. Most of the rock was dry but our tires were not!

My SO killed it on today's ride! I seemed to be all over the place with my bike. Granted she watched me go first and then could correct everything that I did wrong. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Enjoy!

Love it! That sure is a skinny skinny!

live long and huck
    A little long, July 3rd, little Prime time on Green Mtn trail, Tucson.

Nice otb at 7:30. Ribs and chest still hurt when I sneeze.

Green Mtn trail Video - Pinkbike

Bnerd
    That trail looks fun!

The closest we get to that kind of trail surface here in Whistler is after a prolonged hot and dry spell. Then it's like marbles on hardpack. I find that scary compared to the wet roots and slick rock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Any of you guys running a coil shock on your prime? I'm getting bored of ending up with air in the wrong place when riding in the alps so considering a coil to replace the DB Air.

MTB B'dos
    A few of the bigger guys AFAIR have run them, main reason most don't is for the ease of setup in general of an air spring, just add air if you need to increase of decrease, no need to buy a new spring, some may also run them for a bit of weight savings, although not really relevant with the overall weights of Primes. I think that even for a lighter rider a coil shock on the Prime would compliment it very well, as to me, the Prime is just a monster truck of a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzl View Post
    Any of you guys running a coil shock on your prime? I'm getting bored of ending up with air in the wrong place when riding in the alps so considering a coil to replace the DB Air.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks. I weigh 100kg and there's not much flab I could lose so that's it from a weight perspective. Might look at the cane creek db coil with the climb switch rather than having to pay to get the DB Air serviced all the time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Guys. I exactly on the same stage. Is there a way to convert DBAir to Coil or it's just new shock to be ordered?

Bnerd
    I had a great ride in Squamish this weekend!

I'm loving how burly the F36 fork is. It complements the Prime so well. The flex I was feeling in the F34 is nonexistent in the 36.
    I've been pushing myself to ride harder and faster lines and the bike and new fork just keep on delivering!

Sorry, no action shots. We were on a tear with great flow so no stopping.
    Although, we did have to stop on this trail to take in the view it provided of downtown Squamish and the Howe Sound.

The last trail we rode, where the picture I posted is from, was in a video that OneUp made that was featured on Pinkbike. The trail is Dirk's Diggler. It has a ton of rock slabs. It was my first time riding this trail as it is relatively new. I'm stoked to have cleaned all the lines that were ridden in the video. And, no, I didn't Pedal up the entrance section that was shown in the vid! That is f'ing steep! Granted I wasn't as smooth! Also the track in the video was running through my head as I was riding the trail.
    The trail in question is all the descending rock lines in the vid. The main rock slab is the one with the wooden bear at the start of it.
    Here's the link to the video - http://m.pinkbike.com/news/squamish-...ideo-2016.html

Bnerd
    I finally got a dropper post that has enough drop on it that it actually is fully out of the way when down!

I just picked up the 9point8 Fall Line Long Stroke 175mm post.
    I only have one ride with it so far but it's crazy what an extra 25mm of drop does for my control and movement over the bike.

My Lev 150mm is a great post but when it was all the way down the seat still got in my way on steep sections of trail and when throwing shapes when jumping or dropping. On a few occasions I have even been caught behind my seat in some super steep gnar trail sections.

First impressions of the 9point8 post are that it is a solid piece of equipment. Once it was on the bike there is no play. We'll see if that lasts. The little bit of play in other posts I've used never bothered me. Now that I have a post that has no play it just "feels" better.

I have a 2013 Prime frame so no stealth routing. However, I came across a thread in the Banshee forum a while back that was asking about an option to route a stealth Reverb on a Spitty. The solution was to run the cable through a hole in the frame near the bottom bracket behind where the pivot is in the front triangle.
    I had a look a while back when I was regreasing my pivots to see if the hole was in the Prime frame as well. It turns out that it is!

Getting everything ready.

After a much longer time than I anticipated I got everything fed through the frame and the seatpost installed.
    Everything that I read was true about the 9point8 post set up. It is finicky. I followed the instructions to the T but I had issues with trying to get the cable actuator to screw into the post. Luckily I had set the barrel adjuster to half way out on the lever control. Once I gave more slack from the barrel adjuster I was able to screw the actuator into the post. But not before the was 45 minutes of cursing and double checking everything!

I've been lucky with all my previous dropper posts. I've never had the reliability issues that a lot of of others have had.
    My reason for getting this post is for the extra drop that it provides not the lack of reliability of the other posts.

Tall riders rejoice!
    There is now a a dropper post that will allow you to get full leg extension for pedalling and fully get out of the way for descending!

MTB B'dos
    I've been super happy with my 150mm Fall Line over the last 2 months, works very well, like the simple quick connect if I want to get another lever and cable to swap it onto another bike. Lack of play was a very nice surprise, as all other posts I've encounter had from some to way too much for my liking. After 2+ months notice such a very slight sideways movement, but really have to try to feel it, probably due for a strip down, clean and rebuild soon.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Bnerd
    Where did your bike take you today?
    Mine took me up 1400m to ride back down that far again.
    In all it was a 6.5 hour ride!

Route finding in the alpine after 4.5 hours of climbing.
    Edit - I should qualify the time frame here. At this point it was 3 hours of climbing and then another 1.5hrs of route finding. We had a few wrong turns and had to backtrack a couple of times!

Alpine flowers.

Still some snow to be found. This is at 1750m in elevation.

Views for miles! This is looking at Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on the opposite side of the valley.

"I'm crushing your head!"
    Actually I'm crushing Black Tusk.
    Bonus points for anyone who knows where that quote is from. You might need to be a Canadian of a certain age.
    Last edited by RideEverything; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    "I'm crushing your head!"
    Actually I'm crushing Black Tusk.
    Bonus points for anyone who knows where that quote is from. You might need to be a Canadian of a certain age.
    The Kids in the Hall
    I'm certain age,not Canadian, but good friend of google
    Nice pics,by the way

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim0791 View Post
    The Kids in the Hall
    I'm certain age,not Canadian, but good friend of google
    Nice pics,by the way
    LOL!
    There's no guessing anymore with Google!
    KITH were a fantastic Canadian comedy troupe that had a skit show on TV in the late 80's and early 90's.

MTB B'dos
    RE, you are a damn lucky man, you have such amazing places to ride with such vast and un-real scenery to take in. Sounds like you did my kind of ride, can't wait till I can one in such a place again. Love the pics, keep em coming.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

live long and huck
    I am saddened to say, my Prime is being dis-assembled. I am very seriously intending to make my Phantom my heavy bike, with 30mm wide rims and Minions as well as 130mm on the Pike it is doing everything I want it too. And I am building a Nimble 9, Phantom was not light enough for my light bike.

Quite likely very soon a med with a few character marks will be availbe for anybody desiring. Gotta get a few more rides first though to be certain, lol.

Bnerd
    As a side note to my ride yesterday, Up Up and Away ends at Pigs On A Wing.
    Pigs On A Wing and Short Bus are one of the EWS stages for Sunday. Friday a day Saturday are open practice days.

When we finished UUaA we dropped into PoaW and then SB along with all the top EWS riders!
    It was cool to be riding the gnarly lines as the pros were checking them out. I'm sure they were shaking their heads in disbelief at how we were riding them but I had a feeling of pride as I was shooting past them thinking how hot **** I was!
    Although, it definitely was a misplaced sense of pride!
    Last edited by RideEverything; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:02 PM.

MTB B'dos
    Do yourself a favour, if you're building a HT, make sure it at least does 650B+, 29+ for even betterer, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I am saddened to say, my Prime is being dis-assembled. I am very seriously intending to make my Phantom my heavy bike, with 30mm wide rims and Minions as well as 130mm on the Pike it is doing everything I want it too. And I am building a Nimble 9, Phantom was not light enough for my light bike.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the times and watching the hgihlights from Rd6 EWS-Whistler. Watched the preview videos and could not believe the speed the dude was hitting them at,and the stage 5 starting with TOTW and 26 minutes long had me shaking my head, then saw stage1, "only" 16 minutes, but looked so wicked and treacherous. Trails look so fun and amazing, definitely has me itching for getting up there to ride.
    As a side note to my ride yesterday, Up Up and Away ends at Pigs On A Wing.
    Pigs On A Wing and Short Bus are one of the EWS stages for Sunday. Friday a day Saturday are open practice days.

When we finished UUaA we dropped into PoaW and then SB along with all the top EWS riders!
    It was cool to be riding the gnarly lines as the pros were checking them out. I'm sure they were shaking their heads in disbelief at how we were riding them but I had a feeling of pride as I was shooting past them thinking how hot **** I was!
    Although, it definitely was a missed placed sense of pride!
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

live long and huck
    Do yourself a favour, if you're building a HT, make sure it at least does 650B+, 29+ for even betterer, trust me
    It does. Already had thoughts in that direction.

Bnerd
    More riding has been done.

I rode some solidly steep lines.
    What still impresses me with the 29er is the lack of any kind of OTB instances. On both my Prime and Honzo I've yet to eject off the front of my bike.

I bring this up because of this particular rock face I'm riding here had a solid hole in the transition right at the end of the rock. I bottomed my rim out but the F36 didn't bottom harshly and I still rode away in control.
    I know that if I was riding a smaller wheel size I would have been fully ejected off the bike because the hole would have just swallowed a smaller wheel!

This picture (angle) really doesn't convey how steep this line is.

The trail sign says it all!

I really do enjoy the Prime. However, with how and what I've been riding this summer the newly released Trek Slash and the updated Spesh Enduro 29 have me wondering how much greener the grass is while riding a longer travel slacker 29er is!

With 29ers finally becoming proper burly bikes I wonder if the Prime will get a big update in the coming year?
    The Prime was before its time and can still run with the best. But a few companies have caught up, and, dare I say, surpassed where the Prime is in this category.

beater
    I really do enjoy the Prime. However, with how and what I've been riding this summer the newly released Trek Slash and the updated Spesh Enduro 29 have me wondering how much greener the grass is while riding a longer travel slacker 29er is!

With 29ers finally becoming proper burly bikes I wonder if the Prime will get a big update in the coming year?
    The Prime was before its time and can still run with the best. But a few companies have caught up, and, dare I say, surpassed where the Prime is in this category.
    That was my thinking as well. I rode my pre-production for nearly 5 seasons, and was very happy with it. I was content to keep it for another year with some upgrades, but a few converging circumstances led me to build a new bike. I'm really enjoying the new one (5.5c) but letting go of the Prime was bittersweet. I had some amazing trips and rides with that bike.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637