Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

MTB B'dos
    I'd have to say the X-Fusion Vector Air HLR going by what the couple guys who got them for their PP Primes have said about them and in general what others have said about the shock. I'm also tossing up between getting the Vector Air or an 02 RLX/RCX - know the Vector would be the best choice, but don't really do any drops or get much air, so don't think I'd really benefit from the piggyback, however, having High and Low speed compression control would give you an absolutely dialed shock IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by sakucee View Post
    Not counting CCDB-Air (price, too many friggin knobs and need tools to turn 'em) as option, which one of these for production frame?

1) RS Vivid Air
    2) X-Fusion Vector Air HLR

And which tune?

(I think i'll build another shock for big mountain days and another for general trail riding)
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

MTB B'dos
    Keith, out of curiosity for those of us who don't know $hit about such things, could you explain the difference between the Pre and Production ratios? If I have even an inkling reading them it would seem the production ramps up even higher at the end and doesn't go as low/soft when it bottoms

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The pre production frames are actually slightly mre progressive than the production ones. The main reason for this was shock compatibility, as we wanted this frame to work well with the DBair, and we found that the pre production frames were a little too progressive for the shock. The curve shape is very similar really, although production frames are a little more linear, and have slightly lower leverage ratio across mid stroke range. So they shold pedal slightly better with stock shocks. Of course the shocks that we offer with the frames are always tuned to match that frame.

The leverage curve s not all the story either, that is just what is useful for referance when trying to tune a shock to match, there are a number of other linkage kinematic characteristics that all have an effect on the way the suspension works such as antisquat and chainstretch which can make bikes with the same leverage curve feel more or less progressive with the same shock tune.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Keith, or anyone from banshee, or even anyone who has seen a black ano prime in first hand.

Are the decals under a layer of clearcoat in the black ano frame?

I already know about the raw frame, but I'd like intel about the black ano. It doesn't make much sense to clearcoar a anodized frame, hence my belief on heat gun stickered decals. If this is true, I guess they can "easily" be removed (just heat it up again and peel them away). Is this true?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ^^
    Looks like nobody likes the new graphics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrF035 View Post
    ^^
    can't blame them, they are hideous imho. overbearing.

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Being the owner of a V1 Rune, whose styling was neat and clean, I do find the v2 version a bit over the top in terms of decals. If they came in a sheet so we could apply them, fine. The brand name is ok to have under the clearcoat.

It is just all those stripes and lines that I think are dependant on everyone's taste...

I think the big brand name in diagonal tube and small model name on horizontal worked fine, but that's just me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    Being the owner of a V1 Rune, whose styling was neat and clean, I do find the v2 version a bit over the top in terms of decals. If they came in a sheet so we could apply them, fine. The brand name is ok to have under the clearcoat.

It is just all those stripes and lines that I think are dependant on everyone's taste...

I think the big brand name in diagonal tube and small model name on horizontal worked fine, but that's just me
    i agree 100%

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DrF035 View Post
    ^^
    Nah, i like 'em.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I don't mind them. Not in love with them...don't hate them...

Cassoulet forever !
    The pre production frames are actually slightly mre progressive than the production ones. The main reason for this was shock compatibility, as we wanted this frame to work well with the DBair, and we found that the pre production frames were a little too progressive for the shock. The curve shape is very similar really, although production frames are a little more linear, and have slightly lower leverage ratio across mid stroke range. So they shold pedal slightly better with stock shocks. Of course the shocks that we offer with the frames are always tuned to match that frame.

The leverage curve s not all the story either, that is just what is useful for referance when trying to tune a shock to match, there are a number of other linkage kinematic characteristics that all have an effect on the way the suspension works such as antisquat and chainstretch which can make bikes with the same leverage curve feel more or less progressive with the same shock tune.
    I would be very interested in the antisquat curve.
    As it changed compared to picture based model antonio made last year ?
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Portuguese distributor is asking me to make a decision on frame finish, but i need an answer to the following: Are the decals under a layer of varnish/clearcoat/whatever in the black ano frame, or can i just heat them lightly and peel them off?

If i can remove some of those stripes, getting black ano, otherwise, undecided between raw and bright neon yellow

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ^^
    I am in the same boat.

I have a Black ano Rune 2008 and she does NOT have any clear coat over the black anodized surface. The white letters and graphics are paint over the Black anodized, but I removed with a strong chemical liquid.
    But I am NOT shure about the new version finish.

Prime
    I intend to ride the Prime graphics with pride. No, they're not my favorite, but I'm not building the bike because of how attractive I find the appearance. I'm building it because it is hands down the most badass AM 29er available.

MTB B'dos
    Well I could be wrong (highly doubt it) but I've NEVER seen an anodized frame with clear ontop and would assume that the anodized Primes will be no different.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I intend to ride the Prime graphics with pride. No, they're not my favorite, but I'm not building the bike because of how attractive I find the appearance. I'm building it because it is hands down the most badass AM 29er available.
    You should come up to Ptown and shred that Prime in the Dells. Can't wait till my Rune shows up just for the same purpose!
    JRA

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Couldn't agree more.

No carpet queens in my garage!

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    You should come up to Ptown and shred that Prime in the Dells. Can't wait till my Rune shows up just for the same purpose!
    I've been wanting to get up there, I just can never seem to find the time. I hiked a bit out in the Dells back in the spring, I really want to ride there. Once I'm dialed in and ready to thrash I'll make a greater effort to drive up.

mtbr member
    I've been wanting to get up there, I just can never seem to find the time. I hiked a bit out in the Dells back in the spring, I really want to ride there. Once I'm dialed in and ready to thrash I'll make a greater effort to drive up.
    Sweet, I'll give ya a tour when your ready. If ya want?
    JRA

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    Sweet, I'll give ya a tour when your ready. If ya want?
    Sounds like a plan, I'll give you a shout when I'm ready. Do the Dells get snowed in, or only the higher elevations?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ano frames do not have any clearcoat, the decals are heat tranfers.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ano frames do not have any clearcoat, the decals are heat tranfers.
    Thanks Keith, all I wanted to know. I would get a prime, the decals just change if I can go Stealth Black or neon Yellow. (I like pretty bikes, but they must perform, no showroom cr@p, but if they can look nice, why not?)

Now, since I have a DHX Air and a Van R in 200x57 (van R is on the Rune), CCDB Air or the CTD for the Prime? I mean, the prime is supposed to take the longer days on the saddle, where the Rune will be more descent oriented. I like the idea of low weight of the Fox CTD, but on the other hand, the performance of the CCDB is on another level... Maybe just sell my DHX Air and get a RP23 or anything similar for the pedally/XC/marathin days, and keep the CCDB Air on the prime? What you think?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    In my case with the rune I decided to go with a fox ctd (low weight and good performance for the whole year except summer time...) and then come to a vivid coil ( in your case would be a vivid air).

Is not excesive price to spend in a second shock (coil or ccdb air or vivid air) for dark days or bikeparks.

I think itīs the best option.

Such everybody knows... a lighter frame would be more comfortable than a heavy one... and in overall I think itīs not worth it go to a ccdb air regarding the really good performance that the new rp23 ctd is currently showing....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Gonna buy Vivid Air for my frame Low Comp, Med rebound tune.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast