Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,921 of 1921
    Calgon, take me away!
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Top of the World opened this weekend!
    The first 5000ft singletrack descent of the season is now under the belt!

For those who are interested the route that I rode is - Top of the World, Khyber, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush and Downtown 1 & 2.
    TOTW is the only bike park trail after that you're on your own as you are riding out of the boundary.
    You're killin' me man!! That's so freakin' awesome!
    Banshee Prime

MTB B'dos
    That is the one trail at THE TOP of my to ride list. Definitely think I'd want the Prime over Phantom for that one Curious how long it took you? Ask as watching the EWS, it still takes the Pros about 20 minutes, so figuring for mere mortals we're talking about 40 minutes, if not longer - that's not taking into account the time for stops to let your hands and fingers recover a bit.

Top of the World opened this weekend!
    The first 5000ft singletrack descent of the season is now under the belt!

For those who are interested the route that I rode is - Top of the World, Khyber, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush and Downtown 1 & 2.
    TOTW is the only bike park trail after that you're on your own as you are riding out of the boundary.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    That is the one trail at THE TOP of my to ride list. Definitely think I'd want the Prime over Phantom for that one Curious how long it took you? Ask as watching the EWS, it still takes the Pros about 20 minutes, so figuring for mere mortals we're talking about 40 minutes, if not longer - that's not taking into account the time for stops to let your hands and fingers recover a bit.
    The section that the EWS was timed on took us about 30-40 minutes. We weren't hauling but we were moving at a fair clip.
    From the start of TOTW to the end of Downtown Pt2 it took just under 2 hours. Minus all the stops, probably an hour and a half.

Bnerd
    Out finding fresh loam today!

My buddy enjoying the green freshness on his Yeti SB4.5.

And, myself loving the new loam on my Prime!

Bnerd
    Pedalled into the alpine today.

Calgon, take me away!
    Sweet!! Jealous as always. Will be back.
    Banshee Prime

MTB B'dos
    Stop looking at this thread now, just too depressing seeing all the great trails I cannot ride

Bnerd
    I was out riding some rock on Roca Verde the other day.

I do have some sad news.
    I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions.
    I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.

MTB B'dos
    I haven't heard any rumors anywhere about anything in the pipeline, but maybe it's one of the things that Keith had said they had in the pipeline that had them busy

Personally, I know that Banshee is a small company and cannot produce a bike in every segment and must choose where they think the market will do best and a long travel 29er, IMHO, is not that place, it is the short to mid travel 29ers that are most common as most just don't have the terrain or skills for anything more than a Prime

I do have some sad news. I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions. I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    ...Banshee is a small company and cannot produce a bike in every segment and must choose where they think the market will do best and a long travel 29er, IMHO, is not that place, it is the short to mid travel 29ers that are most common as most just don't have the terrain or skills for anything more than a Prime
    True, but I've got to think +15mm on both the Phantom and Prime would be a rad idea. I am not the engineer - maybe it's more difficult than slight mods to the linkages. Not sure.

I'm also interested in riding the Sentinel at upcoming Pisgah MTB Festival. Cannot wait to feel new geo and see if it lives to hype.

Prime is definitely still on list of potential bikes next year, I am sure it'll rip. Seems like a big wheeled Spitfire, which I am on now and friggin love.

Calgon, take me away!

I do have some sad news.
    I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions.
    I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.
    Good luck with your decision. No matter what you decide, I don't think there is anyone who has done more with their Prime!
    Banshee Prime

mtbr member

I do have some sad news.
    Well, I wouldn't buy Sentinel for long travel spec,(+ 5mm over V2 Prime is nothing) but it does have very interesting geo evolution.

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Well, I wouldn't buy Sentinel for long travel spec,(+ 5mm over V2 Prime is nothing) but it does have very interesting geo evolution.
    My Prime has 130mm.
    And, I've never really come to terms with the suspension firming up when using the back brake on the Prime.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Isn't that an issue with all full suspension bikes?

Bnerd
    I just had what is possibly my last ride on my Prime.
    It was a mild suffer fest but fun. Nothing like 5500ft of climbing to make your legs say NO!

Riding in the alpine meadows.

Taking in the view.

More views from the top. This is looking down on the Whistler Valley.

Over the last few days I've been building my OG Honzo from the frame up.
    And, I've put the Prime away for the season. If anyone is interested in making an offer on my Prime let me know.

Here's my current fun bike.

mtbr member
    Does not look like we have any Banshee dealers in Arizona and Jenson does not have large Prime frames in stock. What other online dealers does Banshee have?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    DirtMerchant have on stock

MTB B'dos
    That's a sweet looking Honzo, really do like those frames, make a great compliment to a nice trail FS
    Here's my current fun bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slavi View Post
    DirtMerchant have on stock
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    Does not look like we have any Banshee dealers in Arizona and Jenson does not have large Prime frames in stock. What other online dealers does Banshee have?
    We are willing to work with any good dealer directly. So if any of you want to buy a new Banshee and have a favourite local bike shop, then tell them that they can bring in a Banshee for you without the need to risk holding any stock. Just have them email sales@bansheebikes.com to set up an account.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

MTB B'dos
    Yup, I can attest to that. When I was looking for my first frame and was interested in the Paradox, they were very helpful answering all questions and working directly with me to get me on one.

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We are willing to work with any good dealer directly. So if any of you want to buy a new Banshee and have a favourite local bike shop, then tell them that they can bring in a Banshee for you without the need to risk holding any stock. Just have them email sales@bansheebikes.com to set up an account.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Members who have read this thread: 133