Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,912 of 1912
  1. #1901
    Calgon, take me away!
    Reputation: JACKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Top of the World opened this weekend!
    The first 5000ft singletrack descent of the season is now under the belt!



    For those who are interested the route that I rode is - Top of the World, Khyber, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush and Downtown 1 & 2.
    TOTW is the only bike park trail after that you're on your own as you are riding out of the boundary.
    You're killin' me man!! That's so freakin' awesome!
    Banshee Prime

  2. #1902
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,040
    That is the one trail at THE TOP of my to ride list. Definitely think I'd want the Prime over Phantom for that one Curious how long it took you? Ask as watching the EWS, it still takes the Pros about 20 minutes, so figuring for mere mortals we're talking about 40 minutes, if not longer - that's not taking into account the time for stops to let your hands and fingers recover a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Top of the World opened this weekend!
    The first 5000ft singletrack descent of the season is now under the belt!



    For those who are interested the route that I rode is - Top of the World, Khyber, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush and Downtown 1 & 2.
    TOTW is the only bike park trail after that you're on your own as you are riding out of the boundary.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  3. #1903
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    That is the one trail at THE TOP of my to ride list. Definitely think I'd want the Prime over Phantom for that one Curious how long it took you? Ask as watching the EWS, it still takes the Pros about 20 minutes, so figuring for mere mortals we're talking about 40 minutes, if not longer - that's not taking into account the time for stops to let your hands and fingers recover a bit.
    The section that the EWS was timed on took us about 30-40 minutes. We weren't hauling but we were moving at a fair clip.
    From the start of TOTW to the end of Downtown Pt2 it took just under 2 hours. Minus all the stops, probably an hour and a half.

  4. #1904
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    727
    Out finding fresh loam today!

    My buddy enjoying the green freshness on his Yeti SB4.5.

    And, myself loving the new loam on my Prime!

  5. #1905
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    727
    Pedalled into the alpine today.





  6. #1906
    Calgon, take me away!
    Reputation: JACKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    Sweet!! Jealous as always. Will be back.
    Banshee Prime

  7. #1907
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,040
    Stop looking at this thread now, just too depressing seeing all the great trails I cannot ride
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  8. #1908
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    727
    I was out riding some rock on Roca Verde the other day.




    I do have some sad news.
    I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions.
    I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.

  9. #1909
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,040
    I haven't heard any rumors anywhere about anything in the pipeline, but maybe it's one of the things that Keith had said they had in the pipeline that had them busy

    Personally, I know that Banshee is a small company and cannot produce a bike in every segment and must choose where they think the market will do best and a long travel 29er, IMHO, is not that place, it is the short to mid travel 29ers that are most common as most just don't have the terrain or skills for anything more than a Prime

    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    I was out riding some rock on Roca Verde the other day.

    I do have some sad news. I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions. I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  10. #1910
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    ...Banshee is a small company and cannot produce a bike in every segment and must choose where they think the market will do best and a long travel 29er, IMHO, is not that place, it is the short to mid travel 29ers that are most common as most just don't have the terrain or skills for anything more than a Prime
    True, but I've got to think +15mm on both the Phantom and Prime would be a rad idea. I am not the engineer - maybe it's more difficult than slight mods to the linkages. Not sure.

    I'm also interested in riding the Sentinel at upcoming Pisgah MTB Festival. Cannot wait to feel new geo and see if it lives to hype.

    Prime is definitely still on list of potential bikes next year, I am sure it'll rip. Seems like a big wheeled Spitfire, which I am on now and friggin love.

  11. #1911
    Calgon, take me away!
    Reputation: JACKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    I was out riding some rock on Roca Verde the other day.




    I do have some sad news.
    I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions.
    I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.
    Good luck with your decision. No matter what you decide, I don't think there is anyone who has done more with their Prime!
    Banshee Prime

  12. #1912
    mtbr member
    Reputation: filbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    I was out riding some rock on Roca Verde the other day.




    I do have some sad news.
    I am contemplating selling my Prime. Both Transition and Kona have released new 29er bikes and they look like they could be better companions.
    I do love what the Prime can do for me, but I think it may be time to move on. Unless Banshee has a long travel 29er to be released in time for next bike season.
    Well, I wouldn't buy Sentinel for long travel spec,(+ 5mm over V2 Prime is nothing) but it does have very interesting geo evolution.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Members who have read this thread: 133

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •