Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    They're doing video this year:

Banshee Prime Review
    "Like Godzilla!!!"

This would definitely be my first choice for a 29er FS if my terrain called for such a beast.

mtbr member

Which fork?

Contemplating a Prime.
    But wondering if it is a major up-grade from a Behemoth with a shaved and modded Fox 36 or a 09 Sultan with a WB F135.
    And...
    Which fork for the Prime: new F34 or the shaved Fox 36 with 1 1/8 steer tube?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    A closer comparo would be the Behemoth to Prime. Geometry is similar. "Major" upgrade? Doubtful. Enjoyable getting something new to play with? Absolutely!

I had a handful of Devin's bikes, not a Behemoth though, and I think he makes some of the best ones out there especially from a geometry standpoint. The Prime proto I had was such fun that I'm getting a Production model next week. I feel that the major differences would be the adjustable geometry, options for rear spacing and a capability for piggyback shocks. The Prime is a super stiff frame as well much like the Lenz bikes I've owned (Lunchbox, PBJ, Mammoth).

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    So i did 5 days of riding with the production frame on mt. Teide, which is very harsh terrain, i ran DHX-A on rear and 34's on front and the bike certainly didn't hold me back, my lack of skill riding on loose gravel/upper torso strength was limiting factor for me, DHX worked really well pretty much on all stuff i did on it, high speed double track and technical descents and long climbs (if 500m vertical over 11km is long, it is for me).

Zero over the bars moments, which is rare there, techier sections of those trails are steep and full on head/tv sized rocks for 5-10minutes per section, could keep up with bigger bikes until i ran out of juice on upper torso.

Some of the trails had steep climbs which worked great with the XX1, pedal kickback was minimal/nonexistant so rear suspension felt really good when climbing over rough sections, good traction, didn't have steering problems when doing technical climbs.

Rolling off drops was super fun, easy to lift the front/do little manual, it was fun to jump on small jumps at high speeds also on faster trails.

Overall, very happy with the frame and i think it is a keeper.

mtbr member

sizing

Anybody with a Prime on the CO front range? I am in between a MED / LRG and need to throw a leg over one. Currently on a Large Tallboy LTc which is a perfect fit.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Anybody with a Prime on the CO front range? I am in between a MED / LRG and need to throw a leg over one. Currently on a Large Tallboy LTc which is a perfect fit.
    I also tried a L LTa for a few days which had a very good fit. I went for the M Prime. If you compare the geo specs the reach from the L LTa(c) is nearly exactly as the one from the M Prime. I think the largest difference is the seatpost angle ... but you can move your seat some cm so it should be fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7HVN View Post
    Which fork for the Prime: new F34 or the shaved Fox 36 with 1 1/8 steer tube?

Thanks
    36 with 29"rims???
    can you explain me??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    36 with 29"rims???
    can you explain me??
    Modded Fox 36

mtbr member
    ..can't believe it.
    I thougth about that alteration a few days ago, but I soon realized it was a crazy thing.
    ...and now I see out there people riding happily shaved 36!!!
    ..just thinking something insane about my VAN 36
    Last edited by filbike; 01-25-2013 at 05:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Just got my size Large Yellow frame in today from Chad @ The Barn and the color is absolutely killer in person. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. Build weight came in at 31.92lbs with 150mm rear, CCDB and Hans Dampfs. I was surprised it was that light.

P.S. - Chad @ The Barn is great to deal with and I can't recommend him enough. I'm in Georgia but I might has to make a little shop in Montana my new LBS.

beater
    That is light!

It is impressive what Chad has been able to do outside a town that's small even by Montana standards.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Bring on the pictures!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zoorlen View Post
    Would this also work, maybe even better, with some 650b Fork?

mtbr member
    Let's see the yellow Colin!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkey View Post
    Would this also work, maybe even better, with some 650b Fork?
    I read somewhere that the 36 arch fits some (most?) 650b tires... but I don't know if you have to limit the fork travel to avoid contact between tire and crown. I bet someone in the 650b forum can give you a more precise answer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The yellow hotness is coming this afternoon as soon as I get home from work.

beater
    Looking forward to it. Probably not as much as you are, though.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The sun was going down so these pics don't really capture the color all that well. I still have some cable trimming and steerer trimming to do as well.

This bike is the epitome of "in the bike" feel to me. Very pleased.

More pics to come.

Last edited by Colin+M; 01-24-2013 at 04:33 PM.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Hell yeah that looks awesome

mtbr member
    I love that yellow!!!! <3