Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    All done, winterized version with ISP's:

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sakucee:

seems you removed the lower part of the chain guide, how is that working?
    Also, how does the DHX-Air feel?

Anyone tried the prime with a coil shock?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Yeah, looks awesome Sakucee!
    What kind of dropper post is that?

Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    I ran the elka coil off my v1 Rune on my prime for a while, with a lighter spring to match the lower leverage ratio. Definitely a learning experience- the elka was valved for the higher leverage & firmer spring ratio of the Rune, so on the prime it felt choked up on compression and slow on rebound, even with the adjustments backed out. A stock light tune RP23 felt better everywhere. And a cheap used RP23 sent to Push was another leap in quality feel and a great value compared to say, a CCDB air.

So.... custom tuning ain't just marketing IMO!

beater
    I have a DHX-3 in a parts bin that I'll get tuned eventually. I bought it a year or so ago specifically for a tuning platform, but I never caught one of Push's MX-Tune windows. In the meantime, I've been pretty pleased with X-Fusion's Vector HLR Air.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    Sakucee:

seems you removed the lower part of the chain guide, how is that working?
    Also, how does the DHX-Air feel?

Haven't dropped a chain yet, there is way more slap since tension is lower (i don't have shadow+), some noise on lightest gears, not too bad.

The DHX-A was custom tuned, but it needs a rework most likely, too soft when standing up and pedalling, seated it was ok with the lever closed, but the pro-pedal was also reworked so it is nowhere stock either.

That being said it was sub zero and weather was... challenging and i didn't check BV pressures which might fix it, need to test again tomorrow, but i have re-work guarantee from the lbs, he will retune it so i'm happy with it, not worried.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Yeah, looks awesome Sakucee!
    What kind of dropper post is that?

I ran the elka coil off my v1 Rune on my prime for a while, with a lighter spring to match the lower leverage ratio. Definitely a learning experience- the elka was valved for the higher leverage & firmer spring ratio of the Rune, so on the prime it felt choked up on compression and slow on rebound, even with the adjustments backed out. A stock light tune RP23 felt better everywhere. And a cheap used RP23 sent to Push was another leap in quality feel and a great value compared to say, a CCDB air.

So.... custom tuning ain't just marketing IMO!
    ICE Lift v8, cheap as peanuts!

Review on Dirt

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Anyone has a decent quality pic of the old banshee logo? (the one with the gargoyle-ish thing)

Jay did a dig in his stuff and couldn't find any. The guy I know who has a scream got it repainted a few years back and doesnt have a good pic of it.

Either this, or where can I find a headtube badge for the prime?

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Only need frame now (and to make the chain guide backplate), all other parts are ready

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakucee View Post
    ICE Lift v8, cheap as peanuts!

Review on Dirt
    The new one with 110mm:

FORCA SPS400 Vario Sattelstütze Fernbedienung Höhenverstellbar 31.6 110mm 2013 | eBay

FORCA SPORTS Scooter

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Has somebody received a Production Prime XL Frame already?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Picked up my XX1 set from lbs, off to hunt XD freewheels now!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    sorry, forgot the question, was stupid
    Last edited by pinkey; 12-20-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: was bs

Prime
    New PR for this drop. 1st run on my 150mm wheel, LG1+ hub with a WTB i23.

Powered by ice cream.
    Production Prime Photo/Build thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356623452.401245.jpg

If only I had time.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356623452.401245.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	748327

If only I had time.
    Nice Enel . Get that thing built so we can have a Banshee day in the Dells. Alot of Primes and V2s are showing up in AZ. Waiting for some parts for mine and should be built by tuesday? FYI, check and make sure you have the reducer bushings for that DBair. My V2 came with only mount bolts and I had to get the reducer bushings from cane creek. Awesome.
    JRA

Prime
    You guys are going to like them, guaranteed.

I wanted to try the CTD.

My DBair will be here Friday.