Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    MTB B'dos
    FDs have never given me trouble, actually I find they work well as chain retention devices and having 2 rings to me is much more useful than dropping a few ounces and losing what to some is clutter. Also I run a Trials/SS specific hub, so I only fit 6 or 7 cogs on there, so I go for the bigger cogs an MTB uses more frequently on the trail - made the move about 4 years ago to a dishless rear wheel using an SS/Trials hub and now I won't go back.Since I installed the FD on my Prime I haven't had one dropped chain, even going over the roughest terrain and I can only imagine what it would be like using one of the new clutch type derailleurs along with an FD. Another plus of having the 2 rings for me since I don't use a chain tension is when going down rough stuff at speed, being able to throw it on the bigger ring helps reduce chain slap and noise.

Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    I have a Canfield hub that allows me to use a 9-36 cassette. No more front derailleurs for me.

On the Rune, the 32t ring was good for everything, so with 28t 9-36 i get even more range. With the shadow+ rear derailleur, I have lower tension, just need to get a working 28t upper guide, which seems to be problematic.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    DMR doesn't work the chainring in the granny, due to chainline. It works with the hbc ring if spacers are used to bring the guide outboard.

When using a full cassete, the granny gives the best chainline amongst what are the common positions (ok, somewhere between the granny and middle ring of a 3x set-up would be optimal). Guess if I want to use this 42.5mm chainline, I'll need to make my own guide

EDIT: apparently, 44mm chainline on the granny, at least in the 2012 version of the cranks. See page 18 http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/3W...ifications.pdf
    I'll have to measure my chainline when I get it (or at least when I go home for christmas, Rune should provide a good test base for chainline and stuff
    Last edited by G_g; 12-05-2012 at 12:48 PM.

mtbr member
    First black one I've seen online fully built. Looks great!

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Glad they don't make small frames, it would look so awkward. At 5"11 I wanted to fit a large, they look a lot more proportional.
    Nice bike btw.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, but their Medium is about the size of most small or just a tad bigger. Smart move IMHO spreading the sizes out a bit more and only needing to make 3 sizes, too many stem/bar choices these days to not be able to dial in the fit. This reduces their overhead and end cost to consumers, which I think is a good thing, also don't think Keith believed he could make anything smaller without making too many compromises to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    Glad they don't make small frames, it would look so awkward. At 5"11 I wanted to fit a large, they look a lot more proportional.
    Nice bike btw.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Argg you guys got me second guessing my size choice :O I've gone for a medium and i stand around 5'11" currently riding a Medium Nomad and I had a medium Rune before that. :S the frame is sitting on a dock waiting to be shipped from last i heard....

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a Large Rune and just asked the Banshee dealer around here to change my order from Medium to Large. 35mm stem should fix the geometry

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Argg you guys got me second guessing my size choice :O I've gone for a medium and i stand around 5'11" currently riding a Medium Nomad and I had a medium Rune before that. :S the frame is sitting on a dock waiting to be shipped from last i heard....
    Don't sweat it, I'm 6'0" on a medium with a 70mm stem, very comfortable. Depending on seat post choice though you could out near minimum insertion. I believe that a large would have also been fine, I'd have probably even used the same stem, just been a tad more stretched out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Cheers Optimus, I do prefer a more relaxed kinda of possition, so fingers crossed it will be ok. I have a 420mm reverb to stick in it, so with a bit of luck that should fit ok.

G_g, getting the frame direct as there is no dealer for my country so its a bit more of a gamble

fingers crossed huh hehe, will post up the build when it arrives, which I hope wont be too much longer! but I dont think its left the factory yet. Doh.

Still waiting on an XX1 crank to arrive too, but just going to use that with a top guide and a 10speed 11-36 out back will let you know how that goes

loving the look of that black Prime, would be nice to see some yellow ones out there too!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Argg you guys got me second guessing my size choice :O I've gone for a medium and i stand around 5'11" currently riding a Medium Nomad and I had a medium Rune before that. :S ....
    Medium Prime definitely fits "larger" than a med. Nomad or v1 Rune, so you should be good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    First black one I've seen online fully built. Looks great!

Oh Dear...I wish I hadn't seen this!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Oh Dear...I wish I hadn't seen this!
    You know what they say, once you go black, you might end up with a raw frame too.

mtbr member
    5'11" here as well, and I went with a med. w/ 800mm bars & 420mm reverb. Best fitting FS for me to date. Particularly with the reverb...since I have been riding for years with a thomson post ~1" lower than xc-ideal. With the reverb I can have the best of both worlds, and with the slack STA the cockpit grows alot more than a typical straight ST as you raise the saddle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    You know what they saw, once you go black, you might end up with a raw frame too.
    Precisely why God created powder-coat!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    @jncarpenter and phat-ant, whats your inseam?

hopefully there will be some more pics from the black one with good cam/light

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Got my tracking number, whee.

Banshee branded boxes for X-mas present, i hope.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkey View Post
    @jncarpenter and phat-ant, whats your inseam?

hopefully there will be some more pics from the black one with good cam/light
    I wear 30-32" inseam pants, depending on the brand.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ok thx.

im still wondering myself if M was the right choice and not a L.

Because when i see the pic from the black one above most ppl have longer legs then me (~ 30") and can use a longer seatpost and therefore the reach gets virtually longer.
    if i use the same size i have to get a longer stem to correct this or a larger frame, right?

but longer stem = less handling.
    larger frame = shorter stem = better handling. BUT lager frame also means a longer seattube -> not so good for dh with my short legs :/?

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondraker
    Buenos días,

Las potencias estarán disponibles próximamente en los puntos de venta Mondraker.

Atentamente.

infoweb@mondraker.com

www.mondraker.com
    So, according to Mondraker, the 10mm stems will be available soon. I'll start with a 40mm stem (truvativ whatever) and then see how it rides. It is nice for mondraker to make the stem available aftermarket. Guess I'll need to use a flat or very low-rise bar with it

FM
    luxatio erecta
    ok thx.

larger frame = shorter stem = better handling.
    It's all about the wheelbase.
    The top tube on the prime is long enough, you don't have to size up so you can run a short stem. If you're possibly in between sizes, the smaller frame option will have a shorter wheelbase, lower standover, will corner faster regardless of stem length, and be more managable in the air. If you are under 5'-11"/ 180cm I would definitely go medium.

mtbr member
    ok thx.

Because when i see the pic from the black one above most ppl have longer legs then me (~ 30") and can use a longer seatpost and therefore the reach gets virtually longer.
    if i use the same size i have to get a longer stem to correct this or a larger frame, right?

larger frame = shorter stem = better handling. BUT lager frame also means a longer seattube -> not so good for dh with my short legs :/?
    I went round and round myself before pulling the trigger. If it helps, I have been riding Large Turners for the last decade...the Prime is the best fit I have had outside of a custom frame. I am glad I rolled the dice and went with the Med.

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Then guess I am better with the large. My inseam and my arm length, as well as my shoulder width are big for my height. The L rune feels good with a 50 mm stem, but perfect with a 60mm stem. So I guess the large prime will go nicely with a small stem. I used the 385mm KS i950 at max extension and I'm planning on keeping the seatpost

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My frame is here, anyone got idea what ZS cups i need for headset?

ZS44/28.6 and ZS 56/40 when i tried to measure, am i correct?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sakucee View Post
    My frame is here, anyone got idea what ZS cups i need for headset?

ZS44/28.6 and ZS 56/40 when i tried to measure, am i correct?
    Banshee Prime: All Mountain -> geometry

44|56 (1.125" zero stack top, 1.5" zero stack bottom)
    should be right if taper

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yeah, at the top there is 'measured with traditional headset' threw me off

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast