Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Hey Keith, what are your thoughts on a 135X10mm dropout that's 10mm shorter? Would it greatly effect the low and slack geo on the frame? Could it become an option for consumers in the future?

PS, I've been on my frame for a couple weeks now and I love it.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Seems to be a nice Idea and could be done for the 650B-Dropouts, too. But itīs necessary to revise some Struts and Cross-Braces if you want to get much Tire-Clearance again. Plus eventually check the rest of the Geometry = maybe 0,5 Deg steeper Seatangle to clear the shorter Stays ... ?
    Iīm riding 650Bs in the 26 Dropouts on my Spitfire and all I need is a little more Clearance for the big 2.35 or 2.4 Tires. Apart from that itīs the funniest Blast ride in this Configuration!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Going much shorter on the CS's will upset the weight distribution that I have spent a lot of time working on.... plus you'd lose tire mud clearance. The cross braces can't be moved much, I've given as much clearance as possible to tire already. The closest cross brace is the mid span one, and it is the one that can't be moved. If I lower it it reduces tire clearance and interfers with some FD's, and if I raise it, it will hit the top link before bottom out.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Thank you Keith for Insight.
    Well, I thought itīs mostly the middle Brace you mentioned and the vertical Strut on the Driveside that require an Overdone to fit shorter Chainstays. Me personally Iīm fine as it is. 2.25 650B-Tires fit good on the 26-Dropouts, which leads to a Chainstay-Length around 43 cm - great for 650B and for 26 too. Not shure if I want them significantly shorter, as this could require a Change in the complete Geometry to get the Weight Distribution correct, I guess ...
    Oh by the way: Do the revised 142x12 Dropouts come with the 2014er Frames? Available in August/September?

mtbr member
    Thank you, Keith, for that explanation. Wasn't too bothered about mud clearance, I can always run a smaller tyre, but the weight distribution is something that never even crossed my mind. Apart from that tiny little nitpick, I absolutely love my new Rune. It's also getting plenty of attention on my local trails, like my raw Rampant before...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5