mtbr member

Pre-production Prime Chainguide question

So I picked up a preproduction Prime and I absolutely love the bike. It's an amazing bike, does everything that I was anticipating and then some. I've taken it to Northstar and it rocked, took it on a 35 mile xc slog fest and that was great, so I'm sold that this is going to be "the bike".

Now I'm wondering about guides for the bike. Currently it has a Bionicon C-Guide and MRP upper guide, which works but looks janky and bugs me.

I've ended up purchasing both a MRP G3 SL single guide and Striatline Silent Guide and both of them are giving me issues with either contact on the guide and crankset or if I use enough spacers to move the BB far enough out that I get no contact I don't have enough crank axle to safely secure the other arm.

So I'm wondering what other people have used with this frame.

The other option that I'm going to explore is, getting a RF Wide / Narrow chainring or Wolf Components chainring and a type 2 derailleur set up. I'm just curious as to what you other guys happen to use.

Thanks!

beater
    What crankset? I'm using a SRAM/Truvativ X9 with the GXP bottom bracket, so spacers aren't an issue for me. The problem I had was the orientation of the ISCG05 tabs. The slots on my chainguide (an e13 DRS) had to be drilled out slightly so that the guide could be rotated a few degrees counter clockwise in order to get the clearance away from the chainstay.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Its an XT crankset. The granny bolt mounts are rubbing the guide, but I can fix that easy enough.

I'm having the same issue you were with contacting the rear chainstay. I'm thinking that drilling the holes would be good enough as well. I just hate drilling a $120+ chainguide lol.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I tried a few different guides when building my proto up, the E13 guides definitely provided most clearance. A blackspire DER guide worked well on my production frame.
    Now on my production frame I'm running a wolftooth ring with an MPR AMG guide and a zee clutch rear derailuer. Quiet, no dropped chains, less drag and hassle than a full chainguide set up. I'd recommend that set-up over everything else I've tried.

mtbr member
    I finally said screw it and ordered up a type 2 setup. Monkey'd around enough with trying to get the guide to fit and just running a Cguide for now until parts show up.

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with the Prime. It's one of the first Banshee's I've spent any time on and it's a remarkable ride.