mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Looks nice but 2015? Really?

I hope they make the stealth Phantom sooner
    I'd buy one
    Last edited by TuTone T; 08-18-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: add

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Aye, looks like it'll be sooner than that, if it goes into production.

AOK
    mtbr member

Phantom...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRag
    Banshee Bikes were "born on the shore" and naturally the booth was a popular stop in the Whistler Village. The Phantom 29er prototype pictured here was first spotted at Sea Otter, but it looks closer than ever to production. The frame sports 100mm of rear wheel travel and designed to handle 120mm-140mm forks. Unlike other short-travel XC bikes, the Phantom has a 67 degree head tube angle for more aggressive riding. Look for it to be production ready by spring.
    http://www.dirtragmag.com/webrag/ins...nd-more—part-1

So what does "production ready" mean? That Banshee will tell the factory to start production in spring, presumably leading to a fall release? Or does it mean the Phantom will be ready to go in spring?

Interesting looking bike for sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    We hope to have the phantom in production in Spring as long as testing goes to plan.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Please make the seat tube an inch higher than the Prime so us long legged sons of bees can have a decent seat post.

mtbr member
    If the 120mm Pike of the 2014 Camber Evo will be available aftermarket next year... Perfect match for this bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We hope to have the phantom in production in Spring as long as testing goes to plan.
    subscribed

Nice! That phantom looks like everything my RIP9 was not :-)

Not an owner (yet), but I've been a fan of Banshee for while now, so it may be time to pull the trigger on one next year.

Although I'm looking forward to seeing finalized geometry, frame weight, and whether it will have fixed vs adjustable geo, nothing beats a demo ride.

I checked Banshee's site but didn't see demo info: any chances of comparing the Phantom to Prime and 27.5 Spitfire with demo rides in California, Spring 2014?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slo_rider View Post
    subscribed

Nice! That phantom looks like everything my RIP9 was not :-)

Not an owner (yet), but I've been a fan of Banshee for while now, so it may be time to pull the trigger on one next year.

Although I'm looking forward to seeing finalized geometry, frame weight, and whether it will have fixed vs adjustable geo, nothing beats a demo ride.

I checked Banshee's site but didn't see demo info: any chances of comparing the Phantom to Prime and 27.5 Spitfire with demo rides in California, Spring 2014?
    I've actually just finished writting a draft proposal to all distributors to encourage and make possible more demo bikes for demo days and dealers to test, so I hope that this will be possible by Spring next year. To help make the project a reality it would help if you contacted distributors to show your support for demo days etc. I know that buying a bike is a big investment, and understand that buying blind is a risky business, so understand completely your desire to have test ride. Hence I am trying to encourage out distributors to have bigger demo fleets and do more demo days.
    Last edited by builttoride; 09-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    ...To help make the project a realisty it would help if you contacted distributors to show your support for demo days etc...
    Thanks for reply!

Just sent emails to Adrenaline Bikes, Bike Bling, and Jenson, asking about demo ride info for next spring.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by zoorlen View Post
    If the 120mm Pike of the 2014 Camber Evo will be available aftermarket next year... Perfect match for this bike!
    FYI Pike forks come with internal spacers so you can make the travel shorter.
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I've actually just finished writting a draft proposal to all distributors to encourage and make possible more demo bikes for demo days and dealers to test, so I hope that this will be possible by Spring next year.
    The local skills park here, Duthie Hill, is an incredible place to demo bikes- everything from buff XC to jump lines, radiating out form a central clearing. It would be awesome to have a banshee demo day here.

If you can't get a local distributor on board, just send the bikes to me and I'll make it happen!

mtbr member

R: Phantom...

Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    FYI Pike forks come with internal spacers so you can make the travel shorter.
    As far as I know that was true for dual air and solo air Rock Shock forks; the new Pike requires swapping the air shaft with a shorter one. IIRC in order to get 120mm on a 29er fork you have to use a 150mm/26" shaft. The spacers that are shipped with the new Pike can be used to reduce the air chamber volume making the fork more progressive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Okay,, so I am all up in Banshee's sh*t. One of these will be my next bike and hopefully my last, unless I trash it, then I will get another. All research (for me) turns me here. I am 6'2, 200 and bash, but I am old and on a fragile race bike, so I am more destructive than anything. I ride the Southeast, not big on massive drops if there are any. I was looking at the Prime, but not sure if my locale warrants it, my size does, but our idea of chunk is a constant root and rock fest, less of a 4 to 6 foot drop.
    This new design looks like a winner for our trails and I would pay to be a tester..

2015? Come on Man!

mtbr member
    @builttoride not sure how this works with product names but are you aware that Fuji make a model called the Phantom? Wouldn't want you you running into the same problem SC did with their Solo/5010.

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by inkisink View Post
    @builttoride not sure how this works with product names but are you aware that Fuji make a model called the Phantom? Wouldn't want you you running into the same problem SC did with their Solo/5010.
    Don't forget about motobecane phantom.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!