Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by zuuds View Post
    I brought this up with bikebling, and they retroactively applied their 15% off holiday promotion to my order, so they made things right. I also got confirmation that my frame shipped, so all is well!
    so they took $115 off the price? that's a pretty darn good deal. I was just happy that DnZ matched bikebling's shipping price. i doubt they'll match the 15% discount.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclekittykiller View Post
    so they took $115 off the price? that's a pretty darn good deal. I was just happy that DnZ matched bikebling's shipping price. i doubt they'll match the 15% discount.
    Matched? How much DNZ is charging for this frame then?

Even bikebling charges a bit much, as I inquired where I can find V2 frames in the USA and Banshee sent me to Jenson or bikebling. And they said price should be $750.

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Matched? How much DNZ is charging for this frame then?

Even bikebling charges a bit much, as I inquired where I can find V2 frames in the USA and Banshee sent me to Jenson or bikebling. And they said price should be $750.
    they are charging the same as everyone else seems to be - $775. but with bikebling's 15% discount it would come out to $660. I emailed DnZ to see what they could do about matching - we'll see.

I'm more of a dog person
    they are charging the same as everyone else seems to be - $775. but with bikebling's 15% discount it would come out to $660. I emailed DnZ to see what they could do about matching - we'll see.
    talked to DnZ about this - we worked it out. those guys are pretty cool and seem to be straight shooters.

I'm more of a dog person
    Big grin! :d :d :d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-paradox.jpg  

Last edited by unclekittykiller; 01-03-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: because

mtbr member
    Nice!!!!!

mtbr member
    Congrats... I got the same one. I would recommend having your LBS prep the frame before you start building it. Mine needed a little bit of facing at the bottom bracket and quite a bit at the headtube. The brake tabs were good to go.

mtbr member
    Frame looks great!!!

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by zuuds View Post
    Congrats... I got the same one. I would recommend having your LBS prep the frame before you start building it. Mine needed a little bit of facing at the bottom bracket and quite a bit at the headtube. The brake tabs were good to go.
    Uh oh, I think mine is worse than yours. Mine is out of round. More like a flat spot actually, but the headset cup won't go in. I need to make a call....

mtbr member
    Paradox updated for 2012, literally
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-381812_10150685334718146_833408145_12777814_600771032_n.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-383128_10150685335458146_833408145_12777827_2094761001_n.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-401431_10150685334973146_833408145_12777817_298275212_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^ That looks awesome!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Wow, I love the frame! In Germany it is not availibel in the moment...

MTB B'dos
    So tell me, what are your thoughts now you've had a bit of time on it? Build looks really nice, kind of wish we'd let you do the shorter travel fork first so we could ask how they compare IHow's the handling with the taller fork? Bet it's absolutely sweet Like you I was skeptical of going for the 120mm fork straight off when I got mine and threw the 100mm on, but the bike is designed for 120mm and handles superbly with it. Wish you'd have had a V1 so you could compare, but I'm sure there are some who will shortly be doing this swap and can give feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    Paradox updated for 2012, literally
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Wow, I really like that raw look.....Maybe black ano is NOT the way to go......CF.

MTB B'dos
    Hey uh, Helmetless, guess I wasn't up on my headsets when you originally posted this, but thought now I know I'd pass it along since you say you ARE a Cane Creek dealer and should know this.......You can get a reducing crown for the EC49 lower cup to use a normal straight 1.125" steerer with this cup. I just got my ZS49/EC49 and this reducer (pic below) you can find the part here.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    ............LyNx, as far as I see you're suggesting I can get a 1.5 lower cup with normal stack, say, 12mm, and then using the 1.5-1 1/8 adapter inside... but, again, in my country we have only a few of the whole universe of providers you have. Ill check that out with the FSA provider (I am part of the staff of the CC provider so I know there are no headsets here to make it happen)..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-gil_1686.jpg  

MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED View Post
    Wow, I really like that raw look.....Maybe black ano is NOT the way to go......CF.
    Yeah I almost went with the black ano as well, glad I decided on the raw. It looks even sweeter up close, especially when the light hits it at different angles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    So tell me, what are your thoughts now you've had a bit of time on it? Build looks really nice, kind of wish we'd let you do the shorter travel fork first so we could ask how they compare IHow's the handling with the taller fork? Bet it's absolutely sweet Like you I was skeptical of going for the 120mm fork straight off when I got mine and threw the 100mm on, but the bike is designed for 120mm and handles superbly with it. Wish you'd have had a V1 so you could compare, but I'm sure there are some who will shortly be doing this swap and can give feedback.
    So sorry LyNx I am not a former V1 owner nor tried the 100mm Reba (which I am still trying to sell btw) but I am telling you now, this bike is the all around bike I was looking for. Contact between foot/pedal and front wheel? Myth. 29er equals sucking at every corner out there? Myth. Inertia during acceleration? hmm maybe, but I don't really feel it that much. I am so happy with the bike. A headache in drivetrain adjustements and front wheel lacing effect in front rotor/caliper adapter but otherwise everything going smooth. No real hard abuse on this bike yet, I am waiting to have better wheels for that to throw it down as it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED View Post
    As I have shy and formal personality, I think black goes better for me. Although I saw a setup with raw and a Fox F29 that really seducted me to go different. Black is too serious. Raw is like Fred going Crazy

Hey uh, Helmetless, guess I wasn't up on my headsets when you originally posted this, but thought now I know I'd pass it along since you say you ARE a Cane Creek dealer and should know this.......You can get a reducing crown for the EC49 lower cup to use a normal straight 1.125" steerer with this cup. I just got my ZS49/EC49 and this reducer (pic below) you can find the part here.
    Thank you! We only sell complete sets, though.
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

MTB B'dos

... and if we just ...

Glad you're liking the Paradox, told ya it would climb and ride just dandy with the 120mm. If things improve and you're still stuck with the 100mm Reba I might have to try and work out a deal with you later on in the year.

In that case, then here ya go ..........Cane Creek 40.EC49/30.Bottom Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless
    Thank you! We only sell complete sets, though.

mtbr member
    Glad you're liking the Paradox, told ya it would climb and ride just dandy with the 120mm. If things improve and you're still stuck with the 100mm Reba I might have to try and work out a deal with you later on in the year.

In that case, then here ya go ..........Cane Creek 40.EC49/30.Bottom Assembly

I'm more of a dog person

It's go time

just finished up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-paradox-rear-800x600-.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-paradox-front-800x600-.jpg  

mtbr member
    That looks awesome. Glad you got your headtube problem figured out. Report back with a ride report.

And what kind of bash guard is that?

I'm more of a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And what kind of bash guard is that?
    It's an old Dangerboy sawblade that I've been recycling from older bikes. I don't think they're in business anymore.

MTB B'dos
    Nice looking P'dox UncleKitty, most especially nice pics in that warm light. Question for ya, is that your riding saddle height or just put it in? I'm real curious as I can't imagine trying to climb our steeps with the bar so much higher than the saddle.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Nice looking P'dox UncleKitty, most especially nice pics in that warm light. Question for ya, is that your riding saddle height or just put it in? I'm real curious as I can't imagine trying to climb our steeps with the bar so much higher than the saddle.
    It looks like a medium frame to me and the seat looks about the same as mine. To boot I have proportionately long legs for my 5' 10.5", at about 34". I don't have any problem climbing. I guess it's a function of the 120mm. fork. Can't get away from that. A taller person like you on a large will have a proportionately higher seat but the handlebar height will be the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-img_2463.jpg  

The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

MTB B'dos
    Nah, his is higher as he's using a zero degree stem and you have a rise stem flipped, giving him prob an inch higher bars than you. Yeah in looking at M frames with longer fork this is where maybe the bigger tapered HT would come into play allowing a ZS type lower cup. I don't have this issue as you noted, but quite common on smaller frames. Still looks sweet as shite. I'd be uber jealous if I weren't expecting delivery of my Prime any week now. Honestly though, for a lot of our trails the Paradox is perfect, takes off just enough to help a bit, but keeps you honest and from getting lazy on the rougher stuff as you can't just sit and plow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    It looks like a medium frame to me and the seat looks about the same as mine. To boot I have proportionately long legs for my 5' 10.5", at about 34". I don't have any problem climbing. I guess it's a function of the 120mm. fork. Can't get away from that. A taller person like you on a large will have a proportionately higher seat but the handlebar height will be the same.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast