Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
    Abby Normal
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Check out CRC for some great deals on everything They do really have some killer deals on bars, so give them a look and lots of wide ones, including flat and wide. No matter how much sweep, you'll most likely want at least a 10mm shorter stem, but order the bar first and see if it feels too stretched out, if so then order a shorter stem. BTW, how tall are you? I used to run an 80mm stem and 750mm wide bar on an XL and I'm 6'2" with very long arms and 35.25" inseam.

Dropper post, I was running a X-Fusion HiLo for about 3-4 months and it never gave any trouble, but sold it to someone who needed it more than I as he's not really very good technically and I sort of needed the cash at the time - regret selling it TBH, will get another as soon as they come back in stock.
    Again, thanks for the tips. I am about 6' 1", 34" inseam. With the current setup on the size L frame I am definitely not feeling too stretched out (and I generally prefer a shorter cockpit).

To be honest what surprised me the most was how 'normal' the bike feels. I guess I was expecting a massive change in handling from my KM given the much slacker front end, but I immediately felt at home on it. It's a good climbing bike for sure, and descending of course felt much more sure footed. That 140mm fork up front is writing checks the rear end can't cash ;-) Looking forward to breaking it in over the winter.

mtbr member
    So sad. Sold the Paradox frame today. Couldn't really justify having two, 29" AM hardtails.
    Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, steering feels nice and not a whole lot different than my Monkey on the flats, but point it DH and worlds different. Little FYI, if you run a 120mm fork on the Monkey you get about the same HTA as the Paradox, slightly slacker STA (which works for me) and a higher BB (at least compared to the V1 I had, they raised it a tad on the V2 AFAIK). I did this with my Monkey, but just didn't feel confident leaving it like that as to me it was just over what the frame was initially designed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    Again, thanks for the tips. I am about 6' 1", 34" inseam. With the current setup on the size L frame I am definitely not feeling too stretched out (and I generally prefer a shorter cockpit).

To be honest what surprised me the most was how 'normal' the bike feels. I guess I was expecting a massive change in handling from my KM given the much slacker front end, but I immediately felt at home on it. It's a good climbing bike for sure, and descending of course felt much more sure footed. That 140mm fork up front is writing checks the rear end can't cash ;-) Looking forward to breaking it in over the winter.
    Sad indeed, can't wait to get my hands on the new V2 sometime next year, really do miss how much fun it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.68hundred
    So sad. Sold the Paradox frame today. Couldn't really justify having two, 29" AM hardtails.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Prime
    Speaking of V2's....

I've been working 70+ hour weeks lately, haven't even been on a bike in 3 weeks, I've had a horrible cold for 2 weeks.

I finally got out for a ride yesterday, took the Paradox up on National trail, a very gnarly and nasty bunch of tech goodness. There is a particularly fast and chunky 1.6 mile stretch with lots of tight turns, big rocks, some scary drops, some scarier drops into big rocks, etc. I beat my best time coming through that stretch, a best time that was set on my Prime. I didn't climb the best yesterday, but boy did I shred coming down.

For those that aren't in the know, I'm riding a 140mm Pike on my V2.

Abby Normal
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Yeah, steering feels nice and not a whole lot different than my Monkey on the flats, but point it DH and worlds different. Little FYI, if you run a 120mm fork on the Monkey you get about the same HTA as the Paradox, slightly slacker STA (which works for me) and a higher BB (at least compared to the V1 I had, they raised it a tad on the V2 AFAIK). I did this with my Monkey, but just didn't feel confident leaving it like that as to me it was just over what the frame was initially designed for.
    Hmmm... well, I thought I was being naughty bumping my Reba from 80mm to 100m on the KM (which I definitely like). But if the 140mm Revelation has taught me anything it's that bigger is better...

mtbr member
    Well, I picked up Mr. 68's frame as it was local and a fair price. I was originally after a Yelli to compliment my V2 N9 SS, but I sure am glad that this frame became available to me. Got it put together and took her out on a 10 mile shake down ride out in Gallup, NM at the high desert trail system. It's fast, light(ish), stiff and geared, everything I was after.

Charger pro wheelset (Ardent 2.25 rear/Schwalbe HD front)
    Answer stem and handlebar
    Stylo Crank / Straitline Pedals
    1x9 XT (32t x 11-32t)
    SLX Hydro F/R 160mm rotors
    Fox Float FIT CTD 120mm
    Charge Spoon saddle / stock seatpost

Grainy iPhone pics

Prime
    Nice.

I had considered a Yelli before I picked up my V1 Paradox, I'm on to a V2 Paradox now, never been on a Yelli, for a hardtail monster I don't know how anything could be better than a Paradox.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    Well, I picked up Mr. 68's frame...

Damn nice looking bike
    Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    After dropping a chain yesterday I chopped 3 links out and finished tweaking my Paradox 1x10 setup with a good cleanup and removing the bash guard. I also shifted the dropper post remote to under the left brake.

The setup is SLX cranks, Raceface 34 tooth wide narrow chainring (blue), Chris King BB (blue), X0 brakes, rear derailleur and trigger shifters (blue logos), Rockshox Reverb dropper post with remote.

Untitled by ozynigma, on Flickr

MTB B'dos
    Blue bits look nice, especially the Thomson with blue faceplate. Would do the same to my Thomsons, sadly they're all too long now, a throw back from my early long stem/narrow bar XC days
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    After dropping a chain yesterday I chopped 3 links out and finished tweaking my Paradox 1x10 setup with a good cleanup and removing the bash guard. I also shifted the dropper post remote to under the left brake.

The setup is SLX cranks, Raceface 34 tooth wide narrow chainring (blue), Chris King BB (blue), X0 brakes, rear derailleur and trigger shifters (blue logos), Rockshox Reverb dropper post with remote.

MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post

Notice any chain retention difference with the narrow/wide (or have you not ridden it yet)? Assuming that's why you ditched the bash? I do like the blue, for some reason all of my bikes have had some sort of white/red/black scheme, dammit! Sweet setup there.

I think I need to pick up a 30t version of that ring and shorten my chain.
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by extremedave View Post
    Notice any chain retention difference with the narrow/wide (or have you not ridden it yet)? Assuming that's why you ditched the bash? I do like the blue, for some reason all of my bikes have had some sort of white/red/black scheme, dammit! Sweet setup there.

I think I need to pick up a 30t version of that ring and shorten my chain.
    Its been an evolution. The original setup was 1x9 with a chain guide and the bash ring. Images are on this forum somewhere or flick through my flickr photo stream.

I only dropped the chain a couple of times with the chain guide when it would slip between the chain guide and the chain ring. Come to think of it this might have only started after I put a 10 speed chain on.

I put the wide narrow on about the same time or shortly after converting the rest of the drivetrain to 1x10. Until a couple of days ago I had not dropped a chain with the wide narrow. Basically I was too conservative in leaving the chain a bit long. The RD wasn't fully taking up the slack in the highest gears.

I was comfortable taking two links out but took three and checked that the RD could just handle the lowest gear. There is hardly any slack in the chain now and I don't expect I will drop a chain again.

The bash guard came off because its not needed for chain retention and with a 34 ring on a 29'er I am not hitting anything with it riding XC trails.

mtbr member
    The race face narrow-wide came out shortly after my build otherwise I'd be running it. I've dropped off the inside a few times so hoping for a solution; like you I'm probably a hair too long on the chain. I do like the look of the chain ring without a bash, and with a 30t I should have tons of clearance. The bash is only 40g or so but if I don't need it all the better. Thanks for the info!
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    I will be switching cranks to a X9 w/ an absolute black 30t N/W when they become available. Also like the look of the chainring w/out a bash but want to protect my $70 chainring, so I found a new taco from Blackspire that mounts to the ISCG-05 tabs.

Name:  250_400950AU.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  4.6 KB

mtbr member
    Slightly modified, still up-to-date.

Looking forward to having a Spitfire or Phantom, stealth black! That'd be cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-post-18221-0-49445500-1389326874_thumb.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-post-18221-0-24261100-1389326883.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-post-18221-0-96729800-1389326904.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-post-18221-0-70567400-1389326932_thumb.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-post-18221-0-78783800-1389326897_thumb.jpg  

Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    ...and looking forward to switch to Sram X01 groupset or something close
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Wanna try hammershmidt?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    may i introduce to you ... my new mountain toy

Paradox Updated for 2012-2014-03-04-11.11.52.jpg

mtbr member
    Looking Good!

mtbr member
    Picked up a new seatpost.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    In case any Paradoxers missed it, here is my new build > New Paradox build

Converted to SS last night, photos & details to follow.

MTB B'dos
    Well, I just received my V2 Paradox as an interim for the Phantom, will move into the rental fleet once that gets here (that was the plan all along), but I'll have some fun playing on it until my FS addiction gets fed. Hoping to start building her up this weekend, but not sure, quite busy right now and still have the Prime. Will say, compared to the V1 Paradox all those subtle little changes they made sure have made the frame a whole lot nicer. Tinkering with the idea of having it stripped and PCd before I build her since, well honestly it's not a rush.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25