Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    MTB B'dos
    What Ronnie said is correct, but I'd strongly suggest if you can sell the straight steerer fork, then do so and buy a tapered steerer one. Tapered steerer I think adds a lot of stiffness to the front end and improves tracking tremendously. Price Point has the Tower Pro for $395. Ronnie does have actual experience though going from a non tapered fork to the same for tapered (may stand corrected there), so guess he has a better comparison. Also if you're wanting to hang onto this bike for a bit if you're like me it may bug you how it looks kind of weird having the straight steerer in the big tapered HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nail Every Trail View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got a new Paradox coming in. I have a new Manitou Tower Pro already, but it is not tapered, just a traditional straight type. Is there a specific headset I need to make them compatible? If it's not optimal I can always sell the fork and get the tapered I guess. It just occurred to me that this might be an issue. Thanks for any feedback.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Uggh, I thought it might like a bit odd, but now maybe you've convinced me to just buy the tapered fork. Damn you messing with my wallet!
    Ronnie, did you think it looked weird on the bike?

Let me know if anybody is looking to buy a brand new in box Tower Pro with 120mm thru axle and I'll sell it for a good price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    What Ronnie said is correct, but I'd strongly suggest if you can sell the straight steerer fork, then do so and buy a tapered steerer one. Tapered steerer I think adds a lot of stiffness to the front end and improves tracking tremendously. Price Point has the Tower Pro for $395. Ronnie does have actual experience though going from a non tapered fork to the same for tapered (may stand corrected there), so guess he has a better comparison. Also if you're wanting to hang onto this bike for a bit if you're like me it may bug you how it looks kind of weird having the straight steerer in the big tapered HT.
    "LyNx", I must say that while there may be measurable (in some kind of test lab. jig) difference between the two forks in the same headset, I could not feel it. I fitted the minute because I had to wait several months to get my black Tower Pro. I really wanted it to be better/different but there was none that I could notice. Keep in mind I'm 215lbs. without kit. I still ride the V1 with the Minute 29 as a backup and while some of the backup components are not as good, I don't feel much difference in the fork/frame.

In the interests of full disclosure the Minute has a 20mm. hex axle and the Tower has a QR15 hex axle but I again doubt that there is a noticeable difference there.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Ronnie, did you think it looked weird on the bike?
    That is up to you. You can see from my picture above what it looks like. What looks worse to me is the white fork on the black frame. Looks like a junkyard hood on a car. The integrated look of the tapered fork does look better.

If you are tight with cash right now, building up a new bike, I'd say ride it until you are more comfortable to buy a new fork. All it costs you is about $13 for the crown race and it rides great.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    While I don't think it looks all that weird, I guess maybe I would be bugged by it. I also like the new QR system. Mine has the 120mm thru axle.

Fortunately, at the moment my "bike slush fund" is abundantly filled with cash , so I will just go ahead and order a new fork and sell the old one.

MTB B'dos
    Well then that's a no-brainer then As to the 20mm TA compared to the newer QR TA systems, I definitely agree, it's a royal PITA and I also much prefer the newer systems or the Maxle system. Really do like the 15mm TA QR on my F34.

I did like Ronnie when I got my Prime and bought a reducder crown race to try my 120mm Minute on the Prime, but after riding the Prime for a bit I decided that I liked the BB in the steeper setting, could stand it in the slack setting so going from the 556mm A2C of the F34 140mm to the 520mm A2C of the 120mm Minute would not be a good idea. I still may in the future, just for giggles do it, but I would think it'd be good for smooth trails.

While I don't think it looks all that weird, I guess maybe I would be bugged by it. I also like the new QR system. Mine has the 120mm thru axle.

Fortunately, at the moment my "bike slush fund" is abundantly filled with cash , so I will just go ahead and order a new fork and sell the old one.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    So the Paradox V2 frame came in today. Very impressed. Nicely built. Also included a Banshee seat post, which was a nice surprise as I was not expecting it. Wheels should be here shortly.

What's the biggest size tire you guys have run on the back? I'll probably put Ardents on it. I'll have to order those soon too.

mtbr member
    What's the biggest size tire you guys have run on the back? I'll probably put Ardents on it. I'll have to order those soon too.
    The biggest tires I've had on the back of my Paradox are the Specialized Purgatory Control 2.3 and Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25. I think you should try a 2.35 Nobby Nic to see if it fits. I'd like to know.

mtbr member
    Can someone post a pic of the tracks you're running in, plz? Here where I live, I honestly can't imagine myself riding with a 2.3 on the rear. Pics of mine soon
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

MTB B'dos
    Helmet, it's not about what the trails/tracks look like Buddy, it's the fact that despite the Paradox being a very sweet machine, the ride is harsh as fvck, so having the highest volume tyre you can is something that is very much needed, or at least for me who rides more than just smooth gravel trails or road.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    Can someone post a pic of the tracks you're running in, plz? Here where I live, I honestly can't imagine myself riding with a 2.3 on the rear. Pics of mine soon
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Expected to get the Paradox-frame this weekend. Unfortunately I am going first to ski for a week but in the new next year the bike is build up. I am so excited...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

2012 Banshee Paradox Expert Black M sized

Finally got my first 29er...!
    Paid around US$2000 in Velomix Bike Store, Indonesia.
    So far so good, it made my 2011 Giant Reign alone in the barn.
    Stock except CrankBros pedals, Velo chain protector, Polygon bottle cage and of course the CatEye bell...!

Fork Fox 34 Float RLC 120mm 15qr
    Head Sets Banshee Munro Taper
    BB Parts Race Face
    Seat Post Banshee Two Bolt
    F. Tire Maxxis Ardent 29 x 2.25
    R.Tire Maxxis Ardent 29 x 2.25
    Rim/F Sun Ringle Inferno 27 29er
    Rim/R Sun Ringle Inferno 27 29er
    F Hub Novatech 9mm/15mm/20mm x 110mm
    R Hub Novatech 10mm x 135mm
    spokes Sha Dar 14G
    Chainwheel Race Face Evolve 24/36/Bash 10spd
    Chain Yaban S1010CR
    Freewheel SRAM PG-1050 11 - 36T 10spd
    Derailleur/F SRAM X7
    Derailleur/R SRAM X9 10spd
    Shift Lever/L SRAM X7 3spd
    Shift Lever/R SRAM X7 10spd
    Shift Clamp/L SRAM X7/X9
    Shift Clamp/R SRAM X7/X9
    Saddle SDG Galaxy Steel
    Handlebar Answer ProTaper 720 AM
    Stem Race Face Evolve 70mm
    Grips Funn Combat
    Brake/F Avid Elixir 7 w/180mm G2CS rotor
    Brake/R Avid Elixir 7 w/160mm G2CS rotor
    Brake Clamp/F Avid Elixir 7 Hinge Clamp
    Brake Clamp/R Avid Elixir 7 Hinge Clamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3548.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3549.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3550.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3551.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3552.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3553.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3554.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-img_3555.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Gembong:

MTB B'dos
    Looks nice Gembong, is that the stock Banshee build kit? Unless you're only using it for DJ, I'd seriously consider leveling that saddle.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreisel View Post
    Gembong:
    Thanx Kreisel!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Looks nice Gembong, is that the stock Banshee build kit? Unless you're only using it for DJ, I'd seriously consider leveling that saddle.
    Yep it is stock. You're absolutely right about the saddle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Congratulate the set up. Would you consider shortening the derailleur cables or you like it as they are?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Now, time has come, I got my Paradox!
    So, I have to build it up in the next days. Im so excited...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adrisuta View Post
    Congratulate the set up. Would you consider shortening the derailleur cables or you like it as they are?
    Which derailleur, front or rear? Shimano Shadow's rear der is tidier than SRAM's, IMO.
    Btw Adrisuta, although you live in Poland, your name is sound familiar to Indonesian, sounds like Sanskrit names...no offence intended.

MTB B'dos
    Think he's referring to BOTH your rear lines, brake and shifter, they both look exceedingly long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gembong View Post
    Which derailleur, front or rear? Shimano Shadow's rear der is tidier than SRAM's, IMO.
    Btw Adrisuta, although you live in Poland, your name is sound familiar to Indonesian, sounds like Sanskrit names...no offence intended.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Think he's referring to BOTH your rear lines, brake and shifter, they both look exceedingly long.
    That's right.

Gembong, indeed Adrisuta is a sanskrit name. Adri means 'mountain' and 'suta' - son. It's not my legal name, though. I simply adore Indian culture even more than bike riding

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Is Anybody using an chainguide? Any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Just ordered one from Jenson's. Ano. Was going to get the raw but that had a 1-2 week delay; plus I knew I'd try and paint it if I got the raw (via Preval). I should not be painting a bike because A) I'm not a good painter, and B) I should be riding it I *was* on the list for a Surface but they went to modular dropouts for the batch due in March. Damn modular dropouts on the Trans Am too. I am getting a Trailmaster LTD and Ranger though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Here it is:

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreisel View Post
    Is Anybody using an chainguide? Any recommendations?
    Yes I am using an E13 guide and bashguard on the ISCG tabs. Not sure what model. I am only running one 36 tooth chainring for a 1x9 setup.

Untitled by ozynigma, on Flickr

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast