Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    Just for updating purposes
    Now I want to build one!! I have a Viento and love it. This will add nicely to the stable. Nice machine bud!!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Just for updating purposes
    That looks awesome. Black ano with orange is killer. Minus that blue hub.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Very nice Helmetless.

Looking at the scenery and the design of the towers I thought you might be from Oz as well, but only in southern hemisphere.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    That looks awesome. Black ano with orange is killer. Minus that blue hub.
    Yep you're right! Blue matches orange but still not kinda matching that much... eh?

Maybe orange Chris King hubs next year? (athough I've heard so many voices speaking of the real deal with Chris King spare parts and crappy warranty -there's no real warranty, actually).

Or should I consider its wiser economic counterparts, the Hope Pro 2 Evo in titanium grey finish, not to make it too shiny, too.

What you guys can say about it, I am all ears.

Anyway, that would be next year, hopefully
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Very nice Helmetless.

Looking at the scenery and the design of the towers I thought you might be from Oz as well, but only in southern hemisphere.
    Ozy, it would be greatly appreciated you could post your Banshee close to the towers you have up there! so we can see more stuff other than my bike That would be fun!!!
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

Keep Singletrack Single
    Yep you're right! Blue matches orange but still not kinda matching that much... eh?

Maybe orange Chris King hubs next year? (athough I've heard so many voices speaking of the real deal with Chris King spare parts and crappy warranty -there's no real warranty, actually).

Or should I consider its wiser economic counterparts, the Hope Pro 2 Evo in titanium grey finish, not to make it too shiny, too.

What you guys can say about it, I am all ears.

Anyway, that would be next year, hopefully
    DT Swiss 240's. The best.
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Thanks, Willem
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ozy, it would be greatly appreciated you could post your Banshee close to the towers you have up there! so we can see more stuff other than my bike That would be fun!!!
    OK I will try and put a few more photos of mine up.

So far the only photos I have are here

Parodox build tips please - Page 2 - Mtbr Forums

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have a changed a few things on my Banshee over the summer.

Quick Changes:

I went with a set of Ergon grips to alleviate some serious wrist fatigue issues. They help quite a bit. A little odd at first. I can't imagine going back now.

I have seriously brought the bar down. Flipped the stem. Switched out the Easton bars for a slightly wider and more swept Niner Flattop 9. The cockpit needed some serious adjusting. These moves helped.

I switched out the saddle for a Selle SMP TRK. I really tried to like the Selle Anatomica seat. It just never felt right. Plus, the nose was always getting caught on my shorts. It was really quite pointy. Not good when you are trying to get into a descent position. The SMP TRK has alleviated my saddle issues. oh yeah, I put my Thomson seatpost on too.

Pedals... As much as I loved the Speedplay Frogs, they had to go. Within 300 miles of use the pedals started to develop a ridiculous amount of play. Speedplay suggested I grease the pedals (should only need to be done every few thousand miles according to the manual...) Then, one of the inner rotation stops snapped off. That really sucked. Great pedals. I loved the float and the feel, but they are seriously high maintenance. I bought a set of Time Roc ATAC S pedals. I am very pleased with the change. Sealed bearings, more than sufficient float, very positive engagement and disengagement.

Lastly, I dropped the X9 Cranks. The stock 26/39 gearing was no good for the riding I do in and around the Baltimore/DC Area. Well, at least for me it wasn't. I picked up a Hammerschmidt, dropped in the 22t ring and will not be looking back. I have a new Rear Derailleur waiting to be installed (X9 Type 2 Short Cage).

So, that should be it. The build and the tweaks are done. Awesome Frame. Thanks Banshee!!! Yeah, I need a better work area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-20121107_160432.jpg  

mtbr member
    The seat ouchhhhhhhhhhh it hurts my eyes. Please remove and put a normal seat on

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Ha!!! Funny. I think my junk is more important than your eyes.

Seriously, the most comfortable seat I've ever ridden.

Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowfreq13 View Post
    I have a changed a few things on my Banshee over the summer.
    ahhh finally: black frame, black fork; very nice. the seatpost and saddle are totally not my thing but getting them dialed to your personal preference and comfort is vital. what size is the frame and what travel do you have the fork set at?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Large frame. Fork is set to 120mm of travel. It's funny that people are down on the saddle and Thomson Seat post. There aren't too many good options for us wider butted Clydesdale. The dimensions on this saddle put my sitbones in just the right place. Oh well, sometimes you just have to resist fashion and focus on function and comfort.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Paradox 2012 destined mostly for European lowlands

Fork: Niner carbon
    Bars: Race Face Turbine
    Bar ends: Cane Creek Ergo Control II
    Stem: Loaded X- lite
    Headset: Top Cane Creek ZS44, Bottom: Cane Creek EC49/30
    Spacers: Straitline Headset
    Crankset: Race Face Turbine 3x10
    Bottom bracket: Race Face bearings X-Type Turbine
    Derailleurs: Shimano Deore XT Dyna Sys (3x10)
    Shift levers: Shimano Deore XT 2012 SL-M780
    Casette: Shimano Deore XT CS 771
    Hubs: Superstar Tesla, 32h
    Brakes: Avid Elixir 9
    Rims: Loaded Precision, AMXC
    Tires: Specialized The Captain Control, 29x2.0
    Spokes: Sapim Race 1.8mm
    Seatpost: Cane Creek Thudbuster ST
    Saddle: Chromag Trailmaster DT
    Grips: Race Face Sniper
    Skewers: DTSwiss QR-Alloy-Thru bolt
    Pedals: Canfield Brothers Crampons Ultimate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-dscn6203.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-dscn6190.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-dscn6185.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-dscn6183.jpg  

Paradox Updated for 2012-dscn6187.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    So, time has come. I ordered my first love: A Banshee Paradox.

I live in Germany and it was not easy to get the V2. I ordered the Paradox last December but the German ditributor delivered the V1. In the meantime I ordered the "German alternative" a 2soulscycles SlimJim but I think that the Paradox would fit better. In the next time I tried to test both frames and the best will stay and the other on have to go ;-).
    If your are interestet I would post pictures of the build up.

(Sorry for my poor English skills)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrisuta View Post
    Paradox 2012 destined mostly for European lowlands
    You have built a nice looking bike but I don't get the Niner carbon fork on this frame. The fork I assume is built primarily by Niner for their carbon frames which have a spec for 80 to 100mm. forks. The Paradox has a fairly low bottom bracket, even with a 120mm. fork and is prone to pedal strikes. You are also steepening the head angle.

Where exactly are the "European Lowlands"? Are you not riding any technical trails at all?
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quick question regarding seat posts for the Paradox.

Do you think adding a carbon Race Face Next seat post would provide any more comfort than a Turbine seatpost?. I'm used to riding full suspension xc bikes and would like any added comfort to the Paradox. If you don't think I will even notice it I will just stick with the Turbine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Every Trail View Post
    Quick question regarding seat posts for the Paradox.

Do you think adding a carbon Race Face Next seat post would provide any more comfort than a Turbine seatpost?. I'm used to riding full suspension xc bikes and would like any added comfort to the Paradox. If you don't think I will even notice it I will just stick with the Turbine.
    Personally, I don't get the belief that a tube loaded predominantly lengthwise can be expected to provide any noticeable damping, irrespective of the material it is made from. Your tires and the seat itself will mask any flex. If you really feel you need it get a Thudbuster.

I was riding a really nice 5.5" full suspension bike before I got my Paradox and never rode the full suspension bike again. I believe it made me a better rider by getting me off the saddle more.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ronnie, I'm with you in thinking that the carbon seatpost won't do much, but there are magazine articles and other postings that claim people can notice a difference. I've never ridden a carbon seat post and am coming back to riding a hard tail after 14 years ( mostly Specialized XC Pro 120mm and Stumpy FSR). I think tires, wheels and seat will factor more into comfort than the seat post, but it's always good to get some general feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreisel View Post
    If your are interestet I would post pictures of the build up.

(Sorry for my poor English skills)
    We will be glad to see your build, man! A Banshee Paradox is always worth watching. Hopefully with a suspension fork
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    We will be glad to see your build, man! A Banshee Paradox is always worth watching. Hopefully with a suspension fork
    Oh, yes, it will be with a suspension fork. I take all components from the 2souls SlimJim. The for is a 140mm Reba.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    You have built a nice looking bike but I don't get the Niner carbon fork on this frame. The fork I assume is built primarily by Niner for their carbon frames which have a spec for 80 to 100mm. forks. The Paradox has a fairly low bottom bracket, even with a 120mm. fork and is prone to pedal strikes. You are also steepening the head angle.

Where exactly are the "European Lowlands"? Are you not riding any technical trails at all?
    The Niner carbon fork works well on this frame. In fact the bike rides better
    than my former Spec Rockhopper 29er with a susp. fork. And no pedal strikes
    noticed.
    Low bottom bracket could be a problem on some rocky trails but not around my place,
    which is Central Poland. I don't compete, so I don't mind the weight (though mine is
    not that heavy - 25.8 lbs). I went for this bike 'coz it's pretty, reliable and
    unique, aware that putting a rigid fork may stigmatize me as a grave sinner.
    However, I may change it one day...
    Last edited by adrisuta; 12-03-2012 at 04:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey guys,

I've got a new Paradox coming in. I have a new Manitou Tower Pro already, but it is not tapered, just a traditional straight type. Is there a specific headset I need to make them compatible? If it's not optimal I can always sell the fork and get the tapered I guess. It just occurred to me that this might be an issue. Thanks for any feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Every Trail View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got a new Paradox coming in. I have a new Manitou Tower Pro already, but it is not tapered, just a traditional straight type. Is there a specific headset I need to make them compatible? If it's not optimal I can always sell the fork and get the tapered I guess. It just occurred to me that this might be an issue. Thanks for any feedback.
    I would suggest that you fit a headset that will take a tapered fork. Most good headset manufacturers make an adapter crown race that converts a straight 1⅛" to fit into a 1" bottom bracket cup and bearing. When I first got my Paradox V2 I still had my Minute 29 fork and ran it in the frame. I like and fitted a Cane Creek 110 headset and got one of these to put on the fork:

It costs about $13. When I got my tapered Tower I simply used the standard 1" crown race. I honestly noticed no difference between the forks.

P.S. You may want to do it this way so that if you get a tapered fork in the future it will fit straight in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-img_1402.jpg  

Last edited by Ronnie; 12-04-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Post Script

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ronnie, thanks for the info. That's exactly the kind of info I needed. I appreciate it.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast