Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011

update

forgot...here's the pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-dsc_0037.jpg  

Last edited by diggerdog; 06-04-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: update for pic

MTB B'dos
    Dude, looks very sweet, must be rock solid with that F34 upfront. If it were me though, I'd most def find a 2nd hand rigid off CL or Fleabay for the commute duties - can't imagine locking that beauty up anywhere and expecting to come back and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by diggerdog View Post
    Built my p'dox up last Friday and promptly took it out for some hollering good fun...Amazing ride - the thing climbs like a goat and rolls wicked fast downhill. I think putting the F34 Talas on there is perfect...keeps the front end from wandering about on the climbs and has loads of travel when you point it down. Overall, with a big XC day, a few solid climbing rides, and a couple of commuting days in, I think I put together just about the right parts mix. King hubs, Stan's Flow hoops, XO Drivetrain and simple Avid mechanicals w/200 mm rotors.....Lovin it!

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have a GT peace rigid 9er that does most of the commuting duties....either way, I can stash my ride in a spare office at work behind secured doors! I would NEVER leave this thing locked up outside work! Happy trails, and keep the shiny side up!

beater
    When I ride to work, the bike comes up to my desk with me. We occasionally get emails reminding us of the bike racks outside, but no chance.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Nice bike diggerdog, really nice
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Nice, Diggerdog. I've got the components for my Paradox V2 Build in the mail.

Ii just need to find an LBS in Baltimore, MD to build it for me...

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    may we suggest the components?
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the offer, but everything is pretty much in the mail or already here.

I'm a bit of a Clydesdale (6'2" 245lbs). About 20-25 over where I wanna be, so It may seem like a little bit overkill here and there, but, what the heck... Grin. I'm heavy.

Here is the List:

Banshee V2 Large Black
    2012 Fox Talas 32 FIT RLC 120 29 Tapered
    Stan's Flow 29er's with Hope Pro2 Evo Hubs
    SRAM X9: 2012 shifters, 26-39 175 Crankset, Front and Rear Derailleurs,11-36 Cassette, Chain
    Shimano 2012 XT Disc Brakes w/Black Ice Rotors (F180/R160)
    Chris King Mixed Tapered Headset
    SRAM BB
    Thomson Stem
    Easton EA70 XC Bars
    Thomson Seatpost
    Selle Anatomico Titanico X Saddle.

There are other little parts coming in as well... I'm setting the rear hub up as a 10mm Thru Axle with DT Swiss RWS Skewer. The front is the std Fox QR15. I think that this bike is going to respond very well to me throwing my weight around. Pretty Excited.

Lots of Red Accents scattered throughout. Gotta Rock the Red.

Oh yeah, tires: Continental X-King Revolution TR 29x2.2

Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowfreq13 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but everything is pretty much in the mail or already here.

I'm a bit of a Clydesdale (6'2" 245lbs). About 20-25 over where I wanna be, so It may seem like a little bit overkill here and there, but, what the heck... Grin. I'm heavy.

Here is the List:

Banshee V2 Large Black
    2012 Fox Talas 32 FIT RLC 120 29 Tapered
    Stan's Flow 29er's with Hope Pro2 Evo Hubs
    SRAM X9: 2012 shifters, 26-39 175 Crankset, Front and Rear Derailleurs,11-36 Cassette, Chain
    Shimano 2012 XT Disc Brakes w/Black Ice Rotors (F180/R160)
    Chris King Mixed Tapered Headset
    SRAM BB
    Thomson Stem
    Easton EA70 XC Bars
    Thomson Seatpost
    Selle Anatomico Titanico X Saddle.

There are other little parts coming in as well... I'm setting the rear hub up as a 10mm Thru Axle with DT Swiss RWS Skewer. The front is the std Fox QR15. I think that this bike is going to respond very well to me throwing my weight around. Pretty Excited.

Lots of Red Accents scattered throughout. Gotta Rock the Red.

Cheers!!!
    Glad to see you have pretty much the bike i would have recommended, except for that saddle -no because i don't like it but because i don't know it. Waiting then for some pictures!
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Completed!!! Grin.

There were a few minor changes to the build. The Fox is the newer 2013 CTD with Trail Adjust model. I went with an X0 FD. Oh, EC70 XC Wide Bars. Not sure about the Carbon, but, truthfully, I don't see any big drops coming my way. They should be good. I need to move the stem down. I get one more cut on the steerer tube from my LBS, so I'm gonna try different heights.

This bike climbs like a beast. Very Pleased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-dsc_1377.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    very nice

MTB B'dos
    Very nice indeed.

I'd suggest not cutting the steerer any shorter myself, just put spacers ontop the stem. Once you don't go crazy and put like 40mm it's all good and if by chance you wanted to install this fork into a frame with longer HT say or sell it, much more options - learned this lesson the hard way

Completed!!! Grin.

There were a few minor changes to the build. The Fox is the newer 2013 CTD with Trail Adjust model. I went with an X0 FD. Oh, EC70 XC Wide Bars. Not sure about the Carbon, but, truthfully, I don't see any big drops coming my way. They should be good. I need to move the stem down. I get one more cut on the steerer tube from my LBS, so I'm gonna try different heights.

This bike climbs like a beast. Very Pleased.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Figured I'd start at the top and work my way down on the steerer, it is definitely too high. Gonna move it down some today. Silly thing is that I have a second handlebar I can use if after I cut it, I find it to be too short. I know. Ridiculous. So, I have a riser bar as a backup too.

Cheers!!!

MTB B'dos
    But if by chance you decide to change frames or swap that fork to another frame and get a different fork for the Paradox and have cut the steerer too short for the other frame, then you're screwed. I will run as much as 20mm of spacers ontop my stem, 25mm pushing it, but no more than that. Recently using a low rise FUN bar I have taken to flipping my stem to help keep the bar height down while still allowing me to keep the steerer tube above 9.5" in case I want to use the fork on the one frame I have that has a super long HT. Pic attached of my first ride on the Prime, steerer uncut.

Figured I'd start at the top and work my way down on the steerer, it is definitely too high. Gonna move it down some today. Silly thing is that I have a second handlebar I can use if after I cut it, I find it to be too short. I know. Ridiculous. So, I have a riser bar as a backup too.

Cheers!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox Updated for 2012-gil_2145.jpg  

MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    But if by chance you decide to change frames or swap that fork to another frame and get a different fork for the Paradox and have cut the steerer too short for the other frame, then you're screwed. I will run as much as 20mm of spacers ontop my stem, 25mm pushing it, but no more than that. Recently using a low rise FUN bar I have taken to flipping my stem to help keep the bar height down while still allowing me to keep the steerer tube above 9.5" in case I want to use the fork on the one frame I have that has a super long HT. Pic attached of my first ride on the Prime, steerer uncut.
    LyNx, While I understand that you are looking for versatility, I disagree with you. I have my stem all the way down and about 20mm. of spacers on the top. Any more and I'd be a little nervous of it's potential for impaling various parts of my face or body. I'd rather buy a new fork than new teeth.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Paradox v2 single speed being born ...

I haven't tried it out yet. I don't get the fork until tomorrow. Super excited!

MTB B'dos
    Hey, I did say I only keep a max of 20mm ontop my stem, in pinch max, max is 25mm, the photo was as said 1st ride out, no clue about how I'd like the bars. As to using a low rise bar with flipped stem, it gives me an extra 10-15mm of steerer I don't need to cut and I kind of like the stem not looking up at me, more horizontal and despite what some might say, seems to handle a bit different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    LyNx, While I understand that you are looking for versatility, I disagree with you. I have my stem all the way down and about 20mm. of spacers on the top. Any more and I'd be a little nervous of it's potential for impaling various parts of my face or body. I'd rather buy a new fork than new teeth.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleGerl View Post
    Paradox v2 single speed being born ...

I haven't tried it out yet. I don't get the fork until tomorrow. Super excited!

That is going to be a really nice ride, indeed!

Bravo on your project, lookin' good!
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The new ride came to life Friday night. I put about 28 miles on it this weekend and am pretty stoked. The stinger seems to work just fine as a ss chain tensioner. Needs a few more adjustments and a few more red bits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    That is going to be a really nice ride, indeed!

Bravo on your project, lookin' good!
    Thanks!

Prime
    Nice bike TG.

I'm leaning heavily toward SSing my Paradox once I get my Prime built. Rock solid, dropper post, slacked out, AM SS. Heck yeah!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Got a few more red bits coming my way as well. A new seatpost QR.

What other kinda red bits are you getting?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Got a few more red bits coming my way as well. A new seatpost QR.

What other kinda red bits are you getting?
    Probably a seat post clamp (I ordered the wrong size), water bottle bolts, and a quick release for the rear wheel. A red cog would have been cool, but I'm gonna stick with the Surly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Nice bike TG.

I'm leaning heavily toward SSing my Paradox once I get my Prime built. Rock solid, dropper post, slacked out, AM SS. Heck yeah!!
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Man there sure are some sweet builds out there....I've had mine out for some pretty sweet laps here in Colorado Springs, Buffalo Creek, and Breckenridge....Looking forward to Monarch Crest next, but so far I wouldn't change a single component - I love this bike, but my salsa FS is getting *****y because it's not getting any sunshine!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast