mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Paradox sizing nightmare.

Looking at getting a paradox.
    I'm 5'11, 32 inseam, pretty standard.
    Been on several medium DH race bikes. And has been riding a large DW turner 5 spot for 4 years now (23.6TT, 19ST).
    Paradox med is 23.2TT, 17.3ST, large is 24.2/19.5.
    The only downside on my turner (which I LOVE!) is the ST, at 19 inches, it happens so many times the seat gets in the way, even though I have a dropper. This is why I sometimes think the large paradox would be too big.
    Running a 50mm stem, could go as high as 60..
    Nightmare here. Thanks for enlightment!

MTB B'dos
    Best way to compare them is to use the REACH and STACK measurements. Not sure of your model of the Spot, but the new one in L is only 3mm longer than the L Paradox. If you have the geo for your year model saved you could compare it to the new one and determine things a bit better.

Another thing you have to consider is BB height - while your saddle height will remain the same no matter what, it's relation to the ground and hence how much it is in or out of the way will change when slammed with varying BB heights. The BB height for the current Spot is 13.5", on the Paradox AFAIR it's about 12.5", so an inch lower, so that means that for any given saddle height, the top of the saddle is actually an inch lower to the ground.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Okay thanks a lot for this information!
    I didn't know much about the reach and stack.
    Reach is pretty much the same.
    But the stack is way different! 23.8mm on the spot and 25.59 on the paradox. Can you please explain this to me? Is that the wheel size that makes such a great gap?

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    You could go either way. When in doubt, go smaller! I'm 6'0" and ride a M Prime. My buddy has a L Paradox and it doesn't feel as flickable as I'd like. The whole point of a bike like a Banshee is to ride very challenging terrain and have fun. Don't get stuck on a bike that can also fit someone three inches taller than you. M all the way!

You could always buy from a place like BikeBling with a guaranteed return policy. Try the medium and if you absolutely can't do it, swap it for the large