mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Paradox 2014 - just new graphics?

Found this pic showing the 2014 Paradox.

Looks like just new graphics, or is there more?

http://bikemarkt-images.mtb-news.net...ox_02Kopie.jpg

mtbr member
    probably just the graphics are new. the v2 just came out last year. hard for a small company to make money if they retool the frames every year. they could add some small stuff like a stealth dropper hole in the seat tube etc, but major changes wouldn't be cost effective for them imho

mtbr member
    Hopefully some other color choices other than the usual raw and ano black.

MTB B'dos
    Nope, only small change they might have added would be a hole for stealth dropper, other than that Banshee don't believe on tweaking their bikes every year, they work on them until they're happy and then produce them. They understand how it would feel for someone to buy a frame and then have changes/improvements added the next and make their frame old/obsolete, so normally they'll do changes upgrades every 3 years or so OR if some major, ride altering technology comes along - it's why I like them as a company.

Colour wise, I haven't heard if they've made any other options available, but the yellow from the 2013 Prime was nice and the 2013 Spitfire Blue, maybe they could combine them like the original Paradox finishes and do a split blue/yellow frame

Looking at that pic sure brings back some good memories, can't wait to get myself a V2 and get back to enjoying the most fun little bike on 29" wheels I've ridden.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Banshee don't believe on tweaking their bikes every year, they work on them until they're happy and then produce them. They understand how it would feel for someone to buy a frame and then have changes/improvements added the next and make their frame old/obsolete, so normally they'll do changes upgrades every 3 years or so OR if some major, ride altering technology comes along - it's why I like them as a company.
    where do you get this^^^^^???

they don't do yearly changes because they are small and cant afford to tool up and still make money and stay in business. i don't think they run their business on not wanting to disappoint people by making changes yearly. where do you hear that that is their philosophy? most small companies can't afford to keep tooling up yearly and stay in business. they usually produce a frame and ride it out for a few years to maximaze the profits by using the same jigs and molds for a few years. a perfect example of that is the previous bushing frames that received a band aid fix in 2012 while banshee was retooling and coming out with the v2 frames. it may have pi55ed people off but it kept them in business.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Maybe they just do what needs to be done, when they have time to do it? And if it ain't broke why fix it....

Paradox geometry & features seem dialed. It would take a change of material to make a significant improvement IMO..... and that would put it in a different price point with different competition.

MTB B'dos
    Exactly! They designed and produced the V1 Paradox to what they thought was it's best, they brought it out before most any other bigger company even thought of doing anything like it, they made small rolling changes on it in the form of the hydro-formed DT gusset replacing the welded gusset to the HT, that's it. They then listened to feedback, looked at new tech that came out after initial design and 3 years later introduced the V2 with the following changes/upgrades - tapered HT, bolt on FD for more tyre clearance, also switch to a symetrical machined chainstay yoke for more tyre clearance, dropped HTA to 68* from 69*, raised the BB a touch, made the curve on the ST where it joins the ST less for less interference to taller peoples knees while pedaling - they did not however change the basic aesthetics/looks of the bike, the tubing wasn't radically changed and it did not increase the stiffness nor performance 10 fold from what it was, they were just minor tweaks to bring the frame up to date and incorporate tech that had come out after the production.

Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Maybe they just do what needs to be done, when they have time to do it? And if it ain't broke why fix it....

Paradox geometry & features seem dialed. It would take a change of material to make a significant improvement IMO..... and that would put it in a different price point with different competition.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics