mtbr member

Is it Ok to sell my Scream

Am I going to hell if I sell my beloved Scream frame?

After six seasons of monster trucking I replaced it with a Scythe last year. It's been sitting in a corner looking sad ever since.

Now I've got the winter pedalling bug and am lusting over a silver and orange Paradox.

Will I be able to forgive myself years from now for selling it to fund the Paradox? or should I bite the bullet and keep it for sentimental reasons?

I had a LOT of epicly good days of riding on that old Scream.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    bikes are meant to be ridden

Nucking Futs
    You won't get any good money out of selling it. Not many people want an old, abused, overbuild, heavy lug of aluminum to hoal around. If you got some epic memorys of it and got the space i'd hang it on the wall no problem.
    Amplify your Žide

Spitfire Amp Scythe

MTB B'dos

Wink

Have to agree with Sneeck on this one It served you wel and now, to be frank is an ancient thing that should be mounted on the wall where you can look and remember all the good times. Orange and Silver Paradox you say Yummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeck
    You won't get any good money out of selling it. Not many people want an old, abused, overbuild, heavy lug of aluminum to hoal around. If you got some epic memorys of it and got the space i'd hang it on the wall no problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it Ok to sell my Scream-p1050952_c.jpg  

Is it Ok to sell my Scream-p1050631.jpg  

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

local trails rider
    Would you be able to find a good home for it?

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

The Mountain Bike Life
    Aww....end of an era there eh....you abused the crap outa that bike. I kinda agree that it will not sell for much...and worth more in memories than anything else. Keep it for when lrp starts shredding...haha. If you do end up selling I hope it goes to a deserving a home.

mtbr member
    I would keep it. I really regret selling my Chaparral now.... like you, epic rides in epic locations. That said, I sold it to fund a Scythe - no looking back. But it would have been nice to have some Banshee history hanging on the workshop wall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooch
    I would keep it. I really regret selling my Chaparral now.... like you, epic rides in epic locations. That said, I sold it to fund a Scythe - no looking back. But it would have been nice to have some Banshee history hanging on the workshop wall.
    Tis how I feel... I want to keep it... but really it is a big beast of an heirloom to keep around.

I got an offer for it, if it sells that pays for a good chunk of my new Paradox frame.

Hopefully if I do end up selling it I can take solace that it funded the purchase of another Banshee and not regret it.

I really wish someone would by my Kona commuter clunker... then I would for sure be keeping the Scream.

mtbr member
    Better to sell it to someone who will ride it than having it sit in the garage or on a wall collecting dust. IMOP. Bikes are meant to be ridden.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    i was in the same situation until the recent snow came. i didnt want to push my light bike for an hour uphill so i thought i would take the scream. what a blast on the dh, i was willing to get rid of it recently aswell. i will keep it now and use it as a whistler bike and a loaner. it would be nice to have a scythe and drop a load of weight.
    i will use it occasionally so will keep it, otherwise i would donate it to a good cause as i doubt anyone would buy it when there are some pretty amazing deals out there.

mtbr member
    I can't believe I did it... but I sold it.

On a dark and snowy night... I gave it a hug and let it go...

I sure hope I can order my Paradox tomorrow so I can get it this weekend, ride like crazy and hopefully fill the hole in my heart I feel now...

local trails rider
    Sometimes it is best to let go ... and move on.

... I have some difficulties feeling that way myself as I'll have to let go my job, in a bit over a month. Hoping to find something that will keep me interested, though.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

MTB B'dos
    Well, let's hope you can get a frame, fork and wheels by the weekend then Then it's just another 'bout maybe a year or so until the PRIME comes out, so start saving again
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredpig
    I can't believe I did it... but I sold it.

On a dark and snowy night... I gave it a hug and let it go...

I sure hope I can order my Paradox tomorrow so I can get it this weekend, ride like crazy and hopefully fill the hole in my heart I feel now...
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Well, let's hope you can get a frame, fork and wheels by the weekend then Then it's just another 'bout maybe a year or so until the PRIME comes out, so start saving again

Well I made the call to the shop to order it even though I was waiting on payment for a side job. I kinda said F it and that I could live deep in my overdraft for a few days at least.

So my new bike is on the way... should be riding it on Saturday afternoon.

Sure enough, half an hour after I ordered it I got the email that the side job paycheck is on it's way.

This will be my first completely brand new bike that I have bought for myself in 11 years. Pretty stoked.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I share your joy bigredpig! Enjoy your new bike and ride it in good health!

MTB B'dos
    So it's Tuesday night already, let's hear the thoughts

Well I made the call to the shop to order it even though I was waiting on payment for a side job. I kinda said F it and that I could live deep in my overdraft for a few days at least.

So my new bike is on the way... should be riding it on Saturday afternoon.

Sure enough, half an hour after I ordered it I got the email that the side job paycheck is on it's way.

This will be my first completely brand new bike that I have bought for myself in 11 years. Pretty stoked.
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    So it's Tuesday night already, let's hear the thoughts
    I have been meaning to post pics and do a build thread, but damn, I was tired Sunday night.

Pretty good so far... Saturday morning build took a little longer than I expected... front brake didn't want to mount in the right spot and it had a sticky piston in the caliper. Got it sorted and did a short ride Sat afternoon. Nothing like taking a brand new bike out on a wet and greasy day. Sunday came and I did two laps of what would be my usual ride. Went pretty well except for some fork issues.

It was a little weird at first, but by the end of Sunday I was ripping... I think this will suit me quite well for a "pedally" bike and for longer rides.

I'm happy. Build pics and first ride pics and vids to come soon.

This is how far I got chucked off the bike after getting my front wheel stuck in a mud hole.

MTB B'dos
    Well props to you to take a new bikes on that slippery looking log I think I see your fork issue Did you get into it and find out exactly what was happening, was it a POS to NEG air leak or MC damper malfunction? sure it had absolutely nothing to do with having a <80mm travel fork instead of 120mm That's quite the toss that Paradox has Can say I've been truly happy with my Minute, never had anything like that happen with it, only disappointment was the old Absolute damper, would love to get the new Absolute PLUS.

I have been meaning to post pics and do a build thread, but damn, I was tired Sunday night.

Pretty good so far... Saturday morning build took a little longer than I expected... front brake didn't want to mount in the right spot and it had a sticky piston in the caliper. Got it sorted and did a short ride Sat afternoon. Nothing like taking a brand new bike out on a wet and greasy day. Sunday came and I did two laps of what would be my usual ride. Went pretty well except for some fork issues.

It was a little weird at first, but by the end of Sunday I was ripping... I think this will suit me quite well for a "pedally" bike and for longer rides.

I'm happy. Build pics and first ride pics and vids to come soon.
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids