mtbr member

Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?

I heard on here that the new dropouts (slotted) are going to ready come August. When I inquired about this earlier with Banshee due to dumping my chain periodically during Enduro racing off the smallest cog from the increased spacing between dropout and end or cassette, I was told that this is not a dropout issue, but rather a hanger issue. I received a newly designed hanger, installed and my pre-existing hanger bolt didn't fit in correctly (they just sent me the hanger with no bolt) and my rear der. was aligned much more inboard, thus totally altering my shifting, so I went back to the older style, original hanger. Is the new hanger a temporary fix for extra spacing until the new dropouts are available or do I need to just use the new hanger and re-adjust my rear derailleur to compensate and correct the spacing issue?
    Thx.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    just get your shifting dialed and you won't have a problem.
    either on the old hanger or the new one...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    just get your shifting dialed and you won't have a problem.
    either on the old hanger or the new one...
    Shifting was and is dialed as confirmed by Shimano crew at last race and is not the issue, but rather the extra spacing between the smallest cog and dropout when bike is pushed hard while racing in rough terrain at times (chain will come off smallest cog and lodge between the cassette and dropout despite optimal high/low derailluer adjustment). This was confirmed by Banshee rider, Lear Miller at last enduro race I did as he was having the same issue and local Banshee rep was there as well and told me the same thing and that Banshee is making new dropouts to correct the extra spacing that will be available sometime this summer. When I contacted Banshee, I received a newly designed hanger and said the problem I was having was not a dropout issue but rather they had to redesign the hanger to minimize the spacing issue. I heard of new slotted dropouts (142x12) are coming available and sounds like this is what I need instead. I would rather go with those if that is the case, since my shifting is much better with original hanger vs the new designed one.

Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_1395.jpg
    Last edited by jgusta; 07-12-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Could you snap a pic or 2 of this redesigned hanger? 1st I've heard about it but apparently it's for owners (like you) who have the existing 12x142 drops. I would have assumed that with a little RD adjustment it should have shifted fine but not so? Can you figure out why?

Well, join the list of those waiting for the re-designed dropouts due in August....hopefully!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Could you snap a pic or 2 of this redesigned hanger? 1st I've heard about it but apparently it's for owners (like you) who have the existing 12x142 drops. I would have assumed that with a little RD adjustment it should have shifted fine but not so? Can you figure out why?

Well, join the list of those waiting for the re-designed dropouts due in August....hopefully!
    Added pic of new hanger to post above. Probably will work properly with some RD adjustment as you stated. I just didn't want to tinker since it threw my gearing off so much by moving the RD inboard quite significantly, so I just went back to the original hanger due to going on a ride trip.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The new hanger has addressed the offset issue, but will require the rear derailleur to be re-adjusted if coming off the old hanger. The dearailleur alignment is purely down to the hanger, not the dropouts.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The new hanger has addressed the offset issue, but will require the rear derailleur to be re-adjusted if coming off the old hanger. The dearailleur alignment is purely down to the hanger, not the dropouts.
    Would like to get one of these new hangers for my 26" drops (will be ordering the re-designed 650B drops). Are you guys just sending em out as requested by current owners or what's the deal to get one ASAP?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If you feel you need a different hanger (vast majority of derailleurs will not require it) then you shoudl contact your regional distributor asking for one.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Thanks for the clarification Keith. If this corrects the derailleur alignment issue, what are the new dropouts for, better axle compatibility and wheel placement?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Keith. If this corrects the derailleur alignment issue, what are the new dropouts for, better axle compatibility and wheel placement?
    I had lots of requests for added recess to enable wheel to sit in location without the axle in place. So actually it's only the non driveside dropout that is changing, driveside dropout remains the same while the hanger changes.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    New hanger is installed and shifting well and can now see how it corrects the offset issue (extra spacing between smallest cog and dropout). Stoked to have it on as I had three dropped chains into that space last weekend with lots of rowdy DH/trail descending (19k' in 2 days). Can't wait to put it through it's paces and not have anymore drop chains there anymore!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    New hanger is installed and shifting well and can now see how it corrects the offset issue (extra spacing between smallest cog and dropout). Stoked to have it on as I had three dropped chains into that space last weekend with lots of rowdy DH/trail descending (19k' in 2 days). Can't wait to put it through it's paces and not have anymore drop chains there anymore!
    I should hope it shifts well as it's the new permanent drive side solution for the 142x12 drop

Have one ordered from Trident.

mtbr member
    jGusta, im having the same exact problem. Im on a spitfire v2 with 142 mm dropouts. Im running a 1x10 with 10 spd shimano zee (11-36) rear derraileur, 11-36 cassette, 34 chain ring, and an E-13 chain guide with no lower pulley.

I have tried completely locking out my 11 tooth cog, and the damn chain still falls into the space between teh cassette and frame.

This is really annoying because in the past 2 enduro races (cascadia cup 1, and oregon enduro series 4) this has happend in 5 of 8 stages.

i dont see how a new hanger is going to fix this problem. Could it be a shimano problem?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I run exactly the Same Components (Zee, 11-36 cassette) but WITH the lower pulley... no problems at all.
    is your chain installed in the right direction (it does matter with shimano 10speed chains)?

FM
    mtbr member
    I also am running the zee/11-36 combo on the prime with original 142 drop-outs, but a 9spd chain. I've run it both with & without a lower chainguide. I have had the chain wedge 1-2x over ~8 weeks of frequent riding, and only when doing weird stuff like back-pedaling while cleaning my chain.

MalcomX makes a great point, the text on the side of shimano 10spd chains should be facing out. I could also see where poor chainline (running more than 2mm spacing, which is required by many chainguides) or extra chainlength could add to the mix. I just put a 10spd chain on, hopefully I won't start having issues now!

There's also a million ghetto fixes that would probably work fine temporarily, like putting a fat 0-ring around the axle between the small cog and drop-out.

mtbr member
    chain line is good. And i dont have a problem until i go really fast and corner through chundery stuff, in these cases i am probably back pedaling a quarter crank turn as i corner and then getting on the gas. If im not riding fast techy stuff or cornering through braking bumps then i have no problems.

I made a makeshift o-ring with some pvc piping...we'll see how that works.

I spoke with Max, one of the NW banshee dealers, he is sending me a new hanger. Banshee guys are awesome! Super responsive and helpful!

mtbr member

New V2 hanger

Get the hanger if this is happening to you this frequently like me (cost me 1st place at HR Enduro a couple of months back) and I wedged the chain into space twice on Sat with some high speed rowdy/rooty riding as well. The hanger corrects this offset issue by filling in part of the extra spacing by bringing the hanger more inboard with new design and extra material. I will snap a pic to you tonight to give visual.

I didn't see how a hanger could correct this myself, but appears to visually take up a lot of the space when properly installed on bike. Will test with first ride tonight on it. I would go ahead and order one or contact hello@bansheebikes.com to see if Trident can send you one since you are having this problem about as frequent as I did with proper RD set-up (not the issue) but rather the extra space between cog and dropout. Like I said in early post, I had the Shimano crew make sure everything was dialed and this still can happen if pushing the bike fast enough over really choppy terrain (even with clutch RD). A lower pulley may help to alleviate this some, but if you are having this issue often enough to annoy you, just get the new hanger.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    I also am running the zee/11-36 combo on the prime with original 142 drop-outs, but a 9spd chain. I've run it both with & without a lower chainguide. I have had the chain wedge 1-2x over ~8 weeks of frequent riding, and only when doing weird stuff like back-pedaling while cleaning my chain.

MalcomX makes a great point, the text on the side of shimano 10spd chains should be facing out. I could also see where poor chainline (running more than 2mm spacing, which is required by many chainguides) or extra chainlength could add to the mix. I just put a 10spd chain on, hopefully I won't start having issues now!

There's also a million ghetto fixes that would probably work fine temporarily, like putting a fat 0-ring around the axle between the small cog and drop-out.
    FWIW FM, I am running 10spd chain with minimal length, switch RD and no guide with double rings/FD/bash. While enduro racing or regular riding, I never lose chain off of rings (have FD hugging the bash and use thicker rings), just this chain wedge off the back end which the new hanger corrects if you are having this issue regular enough.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What are peoples thoughts about how Banshee should deal with the hanger issue? Not wanting to really bit*ch but should it be a free replacement to owners with the existing 142x12 drop, a discount perhaps, or should we just be paying the full price. While the original setup works it's not optimal (or right IMO) and the 135x10 and 150x12 don't have the offset issue.

I paid Trident $25 for the hanger and $1.73 shipping (first they wanted to charge me $15 for shipping and I complained that was ludicrous for a part that weighs next to nothing) but it still leaves me a bit peeved I had to do this.

Thoughts?

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hmmm ... hard to tell ...
    As a Customer you can´t expect it, but it would be a really very cool Thing if Banshee could develop a Kind of Discount-Replacement-Programm, like they did for V1-Frame-Owners last Year. Meaning sending back the old Hangers and Dropouts so they could be recycled (keeping Cost lower for Material), and getting new Ones for a reasonable Prize.
    I´m willing to pay for both Hanger and Dropouts, no Question. But for those who have both Dropouts for 26/650B the old Ones will become unsaleable as soon as the revised Ones become available ...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Instead of blabling around about 25$, you guys should get out and ride... enjoy the weather...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Instead of blabling around about 25$ ...
    Sorry Mate, but for some it´s a bit more than that.
    In my Case it would be two complete new Sets of 142/12 Dropouts (26/650B), while I´ve spend some extra Cash already for the additional 650B old Dropouts ... and I'm certainly not nitpicking at all ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Banshee are supplying distributors with free hangers to look after any customers who are using derailleurs that have compatibility issues with original hangers.

You must explain to distributor that you are having this issue, otherwise they will just assume you want to buy a spare hanger. They will then probably ask you to send them a photo showing derailleur make and alignment as well as asking for your frame number (found under the BB). If the claim is accepted then there should be no charge for the hanger (although shipping may apply).

But I must emphasise that if you want a free hanger under warranty that you must make this clear to distributor in the first place. Replacement hangers will also depend on avaliability.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2009
    For most of us, they are working just fine... only SOME have problems when they don't use a lower pulley, thunder through the chunk and maybe pedal reverse...
    So I think talking about an issue is a bit over the top really...
    AND Banshee is beeing very helpfull again, as you can see...

Besides that, I really think the slotted Dropouts are a good idea, but I did not miss them so far in 8 months of using my Rune V2...

FM
    mtbr member
    For most of us, they are working just fine...
    Agreed. Non-issue for me.
    It's awesome that Banshee is taking care of people that do have an issue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Strange about the derailler issues some of you are having. I am a destroyer of deraillers. So far I have run a 9 speed saint, XT and XTR and now have switched to Saint 10 speed. I have never dropped a chain into that gap and I mostly ride chundery rough stuff.

I am getting the new drop out because I like the slots and I want to line up my caliper with out spacers. But I'm just going to buy the new dropout.

builttoride; Thank you for the redesign! and thank for building a stellar bike, it's actually made me enjoy biking even more because it climbs as well as it descends!

On THAT note I'm going to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resnick View Post
    Strange about the derailler issues some of you are having. I am a destroyer of deraillers. So far I have run a 9 speed saint, XT and XTR and now have switched to Saint 10 speed. I have never dropped a chain into that gap and I mostly ride chundery rough stuff.

I am getting the new drop out because I like the slots and I want to line up my caliper with out spacers. But I'm just going to buy the new dropout.

builttoride; Thank you for the redesign! and thank for building a stellar bike, it's actually made me enjoy biking even more because it climbs as well as it descends!

On THAT note I'm going to ride my bike.
    Not a derailleur issue, but a frame offset issue at dropout which causes extra spacing between smallest cog and frame. New hanger corrects the offset by being thicker and slots around the dropout much differently than prior hanger.

If you aren't dropping chains here on a regular basis, I wouldn't sweat the new hanger. With regular trail riding, I never, very rarely drop here, but sometimes when pushing the bike to the edge on the descents it will happen (usually during races or DH'ing). I wish Shimano made Saint 2x in 10spd with clutch switch as I always ran 9spd Saint before and been on XT 10 speed+ now and currently have bent/twisted der from crash last weekend, but isn't shifting too bad and no drop chains with new hanger so far!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Did you have any issue with the new hanger not lining up properly in the dropout? My mounting screw doesn't go in straight (although you can get it to go in and tighten if you start it at an angle) but there is no way the axle can thread in without serious binding no matter what you do. One of the hanger edges is just slightly off in the machining process. Don't want to take a file to it so I sent the info to Trident to send me another and to test it first. The original hanger with the 3mm offset issue doesn't have this alignment issue BTW.

Edge that's slightly off where it contacts the dropout
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-re-designed-hanger-machine-issue.jpg

mtbr member
    Did you have any issue with the new hanger not lining up properly in the dropout? My mounting screw doesn't go in straight (although you can get it to go in and tighten if you start it at an angle) but there is no way the axle can thread in without serious binding no matter what you do. One of the hanger edges is just slightly off in the machining process. Don't want to take a file to it so I sent the info to Trident to send me another and to test it first. The original hanger with the 3mm offset issue doesn't have this alignment issue BTW.

Edge that's slightly off where it contacts the dropout
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	re-designed hanger machine issue.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	818617
    I ran into the same issue when I tried to install it myself with bolt and hanger not aligning right. Took it to my trusty wrench who also dialed my dropouts correctly for me earlier this year when I first got the bike and I mounted them wrong as well. I am not sure how I wasn't able to install the new hanger properly myself, but it is on there perfectly now with not one dropped chain in the cog/frame recess area and great shifting even with a twisted/bent derailleur! Seems like great solution so far.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Word up! I always thought it was due to my rear derailluer or possibly worn lower rear cog until fellow Banshee rider at race mentioned having the same thing going on and then confirmed by rep that it is due to the extra spacing/offset thing. Very cool Banshee created a fix for this, mucho appreciated!

The Rune V2 is best bike I have ever owned and ridden, and by far the best bike for ME to be on. Everything else I owned before fell a bit short not before long (minus my old, trusty 06' RFX of course, which gave me +3yrs of solid riding). Even though, I have only been on the V2 for about 8 months, feels like I definitely got my money's worth out of it so far and confident it will continue to give me smiles for a bit longer. Did I mention this is one, if the not the best aggro AM bikes out there. Knolly Chilco would be the only bike I would consider replacing with if I had to, but I would be broke. Thanks Banshee!!!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Will the new dropouts be post-mount or IS?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    IS as they are currently.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Are the redesigned 650b drops available to order yet? It had been mentioned August time frame.

mtbr member
    I have been having the same problem with the chain. On a side note did anyone else have to run spacers between the dropout and the rear brake mount?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    I have been having the same problem with the chain. On a side note did anyone else have to run spacers between the dropout and the rear brake mount?
    Just get the new 142x12 hanger from Banshee/Trident, problem solved. New hanger looks better designed than original V2 version that is shorter, thicker with dropout slot and is nicer looking in ano black as well!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    On a side note did anyone else have to run spacers between the dropout and the rear brake mount?
    Depending on when you got the bike you may or may not have gotten 2 3mm spacers with the dropout to space the brake mount over.

There will be a new revised dropout available any day now (I think...as we were told August) for the brake side which should fix the spacing and have built in reliefs to catch the wheel (12x142).

Like jgusta mentioned get the new revised hanger from Trident that the fixes the drive side of things.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Builttotride,

Can we get an update please on the new dropouts and when they will be available. I really want to get a revised 650b set ordered ASAP.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Just get the new 142x12 hanger from Banshee/Trident, problem solved. New hanger looks better designed than original V2 version that is shorter, thicker with dropout slot and is nicer looking in ano black as well!
    Pics ??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    New hanger solves 1/2 the issues and works nicely. New brake side drop out will complete the solution.....and why I keep asking when it's gonna be available to order.

and why do pics keep disappearing or not showing on the mtbr site. Others must be having this issue also?

Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0339.jpg
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0340.jpg
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0343.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    New revised drop outs are available to order and I've got a 650b set on the way.

Pics to follow when I get them in my grubby paws.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Pics ??
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    That's a link to just the new hanger.

There is a whole new brake side dropout which will have the 12x142 axle recess and I assume proper caliper spacing.

mtbr member
    That's a link to just the new hanger.

There is a whole new brake side dropout which will have the 12x142 axle recess and I assume proper caliper spacing.
    I know, I just posted link to pic of new hanger as per request by "filbike".

New dropouts should be nice, but new hanger on its own makes it a bit easier to install wheel than before for me and my brakes are spaced fine with no rub or contact with original dropout. So, I wouldn't pay extra for the new dropout, but would put them on if for free I suppose. The new hanger was essential for me though.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2005

Pics of new brake side drop out

Finally got my new 650b drops and here is what the new brake side 12x142 drop looks like. It's got the axle recess and proper caliper offset spacing now so no spacers are needed. Drive side drop remains the same but the new hanger solves that side.

Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0373.jpg
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0374.jpg
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0372.jpg

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Thank you for the Pictures Skidad. Maybe Time to order a new Set (142x12/26) ...

mtbr member
    May 2005

XX1 weirdness with new hanger and 10T cog

Can't figure this one out. Had been using the 26" drops with the new revised hanger with my XX1 RD and I don't recall any problems (cage interference) shifting to the 10T cog (which I hardly ever use BTW). Installed my new updated 650b drops also with the new hanger and now the top pulley cage is hitting on the cable guide for the RD and won't allow the shift to the 10T cog. Tried 3 different new style hangers (2 come with the new drops and the other I purchased from Trident) and all the same issue. Seems the RD has to be spaced out in the hanger to get adequate clearance. I installed a 2-3mm washer and that did the trick just allowing enough movement/clearance to shift to the 10T cog but thread engagement of the RD is compromised in the hanger. Then I remembered I had the original hanger (shiny aluminum not the new black one) that came with my bike which had no reliefs or 3mm offset to the inside. I installed that and BINGO perfect, everything lined up with clearance and shifting onto the 10T cog was now fine. Maybe it's just me and I'm not seeing something or just a possible XX1 thing but a heads up to others attempting to set up their XX1 RD you may possibly run into this situation. (ignore the long dangly cable end which I'll deal with)

Here is a pic of the pulley cage hitting the cable pull guide with new style hanger (reliefs and inward offset) which prevents the RD to move over enough and shift to the 10T cog
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0394.jpg

Here is a pic with the original shiny style hanger with NO reliefs or inward offset (it's totally flat). This spaces the RD appox. 3mm further out and everything works fine. Full thread engagement of the RD into the hanger also.
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0400.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thats definitely weird... does your new 650b wheel have the correct hub spacing and alignment?
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thats definitely weird... does your new 650b wheel have the correct hub spacing and alignment?
    Hadley hub with XX1 driver body (same wheel I've been using right along and with the XX1 in the 26" drops). Fit's beautifully across the the drops with the axle not yet tightened (virtually no slop). I'm just happy I had a good working solution to the issue.

This is not the first case I have seen with this issue BTW (XX1 that is)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yup, and I'm completely confused by why there would be a difference between the identical setups of 26" and 650b... the only variable is the chain length unless the b-adjustment screw has been changed between setups, or cable is too tight?
    Everything is identical in terms of alignment and spacing of the dropouts, so for it to work in 142 26" dropouts, but not 142 650b dropouts must mean that something has changed.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes I'm confused as well and was pulling my hair out (cant afford that). Bolt off and bolt on with no changes. It should just be a simple swap or so I thought . I did very slightly adjust the Hadley bearing preload on the XX1 driver body and perhaps that was enough to just throw it off or maybe it was never quite right.....but that's not usually my style and tend to be very thorough with adjustments. It's working now so I'm happy but still puzzled. XX1 is awesome but very sensitive to setup and I've not had issues some others have had like the clunking clutch and squeaking cassette on the driver body.

mtbr member
    That's great you were able to trouble shoot that with older style hanger. I believe the new hanger was meant to work better with Shimano RD's while using the 142x12 dropouts to take up extra space to minimize chain drop in between dropout and smallest cog, whereas should not be issue with SRAM due to cage being inboard more? I am currently using my newer style hanger with 1x set-up with Saint short-cage+ and der. mode converter (30t front/11-36 rear) with great success with good shifting throughout, better chainline and retention compared to my 2x set-up prior (36/24t)
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Skidad - In looking at your pics, it seems that your rear derailleur cage is pulled far too forward in the 10t cog. Is this something you did for the pictures or is that the actual position it is in? Take a look at the pictures of mine in that position. The derailleur cage is far more relaxed (chain is still under proper tension though) and the cable guide sits in a pocket between the two pulleys as opposed to interfering with the cage outside of the top pulley on yours. It's a different frame, but a 12x142 setup that should be pretty universal. Hope this helps and let me know if you need more pics/have questions.Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-xx1rd2.jpgNewly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-xx1rd1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I would like to see a direct side shot of your cage to see just how relaxed and far back it's rotated (mine is below)

Also, what is your "B" screw gap in the largest cog? What's the gap in the smallest cog (will be quite large if it's like mine).

Perhaps more links in the chain (thought I had this correct) and/or a slightly different "B" screw adjustment to slightly rotate the RD might make the difference? It's also possible this is the nature of this beast with that hanger and placement of the "B" screw stop? Not sure anyone else has my combo yet of the XX1 and the new revised black hanger to see if they experience the same issue. All I know is it's working fine now with the old style hanger with the exception of some hanging on downshifts to just a few of the middle smaller cogs (not the 10T or 12T) which I can't seem to get rid of. If I pedal lightly or even coast a bit it will finally drop into the cog. It's always done this from the beginning no matter what configuration. Shifting up the cassette is always fine and never misses.

Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_0415.jpg

mtbr member
    Here are a couple of side shots - one in the small cog and one in the large cog. The gap between the cog and upper pulley is pretty much spot-on to SRAM spec (12-16mm) at both ends of the cassette.
    Newly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_2680.jpgNewly revised dropouts or hanger for V2 frame (142x12)?-img_2681.jpg

BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010

? 142 hanger

Agreed. Non-issue for me.
    I am currently running 135 dropouts and have had some dropping chain issues.I am planning on switching to the 142 dropouts and I have read on here that there is a alignment issue with the rd hanger.I am running a sram clutch 10sp rd and have a narrow wide front ring with bash-guard. So to get to the meat of my question do I need to get the revised hanger?