mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Need geometry spec sheets for Pyre MK1/Pyre MK2/Spitfire

Hey guys,

Currently on a Pyre MK1 but have felt for a while it is a bit too AM for the riding I do, have an opportunity to get a cheap Pyre MK2, but am also very interested in the Spitfire.

One key thing for me is the frame size. My current bike's TT is probably a bit too long and I want to know how it compares to the TTs for the MK2 and the Spitfire. The geometry sheet for the Spitty is on Banshees website, and I have found a copy of the MK2 spec sheet, but I can't find one for the MK1 Pyre.

Jay/Keith/anyone, would you be able to post/PM a copy of the Pyre MK1 geo/spec sheet?

Cheers

mtbr member
    What do you mean by " a bit too AM" ?

Spitfire is slacker and lower, may not be what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    By "too AM" I mean it is a plush ride that is very stable going downhill, but is a bit slow and energy sapping on slow single track, and it wanders a lot on technical climbs. Before you say it, I have tried all manner of suspension settings, stem length, seat position etc but can't manage to get it to suit the majority of the riding I do (which is XC/Trail, though I love jumps/drop etc <1m).

The Spitfire is slacker and lower than a MK2 Pyre, but I don't know how it compares to a MK1 Pyre (my bike). If I knew all the numbers for my current bike, then I could directly compare them with those of the MK2 Pyre and the Spitfire.

I am looking for a geometry spec sheet for the Pyre MK1 to compare directly to the others as that will give me a reference point for chosing the right size for me. My key concern is not the angles but the lengths, specifically the top tube lengths. Spitfire XL TT is 640mm, Pyre MK2 is 625mm. I don't know what the factory spec TT length is for my frame (I can measure it, but that introduces another variable which could be +/- 5mm from the factory number. That error range could make all the difference).

I am 188cm (6'2") with a 89-90cm (35-35.4") inseam and prefer a longer frame. This puts me a tricky position between L and XL frames so 10mm here or there in frame size makes a big difference.