mtbr member

My New-Used Paradox V1

I posted this on the 29er forum, but wanted to say hey here also.
    I emailed Banshee for some build specs on it and they were pretty cool about getting back to me, a good start. The frame was sitting all forlorn in the basement of a local forum member, he never liked the fit. When I mentioned I was thinking about a new 29er HT, he dropped it off the next day for peanuts. I was thinking a steelie frame but beggars and all that.
    And another Banshee is reborn.
    I went fairly nuts building it over the past week or so. First ride was today. I dig it so far, light and quick handling when climbing or singletrack, then turns into a fire breathing monster DH. Even rides pretty good, which I didn't expect. Neat bike!
    Build:
    1x10: XT cassette 11-36 and derailleur (GS cage), SLX crank and shifter, Blackspire Mono with BBG bash, and SRAM 1091 chain.
    XT brakes with rt-86 rotors, 180/160.
    Manitou Tower Pro, 120 mm 15mm axle. Impressive so far. Ridden Foxes and Rebas. Like the bike, it seems to get better as you go faster. Or maybe that's why the bike feels that way? Hmm.
    Stan's Arch's, Geax aka rear and an old Purgatory I had around up front.
    Cane creek head, 80mm stem, syncros Bulk bar till my Loaded hits. 710mm either way.
    Seat and post robbed from another bike for now...

In process:

On the trails:

MTB B'dos
    Nice man, looks sharp. 1 x huh, what size ring you running? Got any steep climbs in your area or are you just a beast? They really are nimble little beasts, very fun, starting to take mine out a bit now after a year on the Prime for something different and/or on the less technical trails/rides and when I'm not feeling lazy. Had me a Minute now for over 4 years, has worked fantastic, no problems what so ever and the few times I've needed it, Manitou's CS has been excellent.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    looks good! i really like the brushed aluminum frames, i would have gone for that if it was a v2 option

mtbr member
    No, not a beast at all! I'm solid but not spectacular. It's a 32 front, 11-36 rear. I've ridden some steep stuff with it already and between how stiff the BB is (great power transfer) and the bike being relatively light, it's "just" good enough. Would I mind a granny? Not at all, and I have all the gear for it, but I prefer the simplicity and weight of the 1x10. I had a Misfit Dissent 1x9 11-34 previously and it just wasn't enough gear.

Rode it on some pretty tech stuff already, I was amazed at how well it handled and surprised at how much it didn't beat me up. Compared to previous hardtails, anyway. Maybe the longer travel on the fork, maybe I'm riding better lines lately, but I did 11 miles of rocks and was feeling pretty good after. Bike seemed to help my every move rather than fighting it. Good stuff for something I picked up on a whim.

I'm liking the Manitou so far, took a chance on it at the price but I'm really pleased.

I wouldn't have picked the brushed if I was buying new (got the frame used for peanuts) but now that I have it I dig it. Picked up a set of brushed aluminum Loaded bars and it looks killer. Will have to take another pic or two.

Thanks, sorry it took me a while to reply. Thread was dying a slow death so I hadn't check it for a bit!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by extremedave; 04-30-2013 at 07:57 AM.