mtbr member

Lower than 160mm fork for Rune?

I have a crazy plan for my Rune that I think i'm about to try: lowering my fox float 180 (currently at 170) down to 155 or even 150 then going from a wide, 1" riser bar to a wide 2" riser bar

i have an -1.5* angle set that I plan to leave as is for the first round of changes

i hope this will help with the more techy stuff and maybe make my size large feel a little smaller and more maneuverable...does that make sense? i figure it should reduce my effective top tube a bit, right?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    last year i rode my rune with a Float36 lowered to 150mm, and a 1" riser bar > worked fine.

mtbr member
    Shorter stem will not only shorten effective length but give quicker steering (more maneuverability) too, not-to-mention reduce your bar height (because of the slack angle). What's your stem length now? Also, too slack on the HTA and you'll be worse of in techy sections (why FR bikes have steeper HTA's than DH bikes). Might want to just try ditching the angleset if you mainly ride technical/slower trails. 2" riser bars and shorter travel forks are not the answer if you ask me.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    i am already running a 35mm stem

i figure lowering the fork will steepen by at least a half a degree and if i need more i can switch to one of the other angleset options

with the higher bars and steeper seat angle, i should shorten the reach just a bit

i really still love the wide open high speed rides that the current setup is perfect for, i just think this might make a bit of a compromise