mtbr member

Lower headtube issues on Rune V2

I installed a Cane creek ZS56 lower headset into the 56mm inside diameter of the Rune V2 headtube. Well, with all brand new stuff the lower headset went in by hand pretty easy and it didn't fall out. But, now after some chunky rides i'm getting a click up front with everything tight. I'm sure the headset cup is loose in the headtube. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Mine was a bit loose as well. I used the same ZS56 lower. It was barely a press fit. No play in it so far, though.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    Mine was a bit loose as well. I used the same ZS56 lower. It was barely a press fit. No play in it so far, though.
    no problem at all with fsa headset... good press fit as it should be...
    I'd check the headsetcup...

mtbr member
    Hmmmm, wonder if its the Cane creek headset that has a issue?
    JRA

mtbr member
    V2 spitfire and no problems with a hope headset.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    I installed a Cane creek ZS56 lower headset into the 56mm inside diameter of the Rune V2 headtube. Well, with all brand new stuff the lower headset went in by hand pretty easy and it didn't fall out. But, now after some chunky rides i'm getting a click up front with everything tight. I'm sure the headset cup is loose in the headtube. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.
    What's your fork? Is it new from this build? There are issues with recent products from Fox and X-Fusion. My Vengeance was clicking when riding through chunks. It was pretty annoying.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Hmmmm, wonder if its the Cane creek headset that has a issue?
    I can definitely say King headsets are a tighter fit, regardless of frame. They have deeper cup skirts, which is probably a lot of it. Too tight for some frames!

mtbr member
    I imagine to be the headset as my CC comes loose periodically, more so with more aggro/chunky riding. I went with with a 110 CC for the V2 to replace a botched 40 series bearing, but wish I kicked down and got the King instead unfortunately.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, alot of good info here. I went with the 40 series so that might be the issue?

The fork is a trusty ole Lyrik .
    JRA