mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Limited edition colours

Picked up my 2014 spitfire today in this rather bright neon orange. It's difficult to get the colour in a picture!
    Any more LTD's out there?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    First ride went well today, went playing on the local dh tracks.
    Anyone running a fox 36 and 26" wheels, are you set at 160 or 150?

mtbr member
    I have a Blue Banshee Rune. I didnt think anything of it when I went to get one but Trident told me they were only made for a very short period of time. There was only 2 left when I got mine and I had to call Trident directly to find one.

Limited edition colours-1486863_496582453790662_1551987232_n.jpg

And yeah it is had to get a good shot of the color.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    First ride went well today, went playing on the local dh tracks.
    Anyone running a fox 36 and 26" wheels, are you set at 160 or 150?

I'm running a Float 36 RC2 at 160, and I definitely enjoy having it set up this way. I may reduce the travel to 150 at some point just to try it out, but I have certainly not felt that it is necessary so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Found out my neon spitfire is one of three in the UK!

Got my fork set at 150 but will try it at 160, think it will suit the steeper trails I ride.

I had a V1 spitty and this V2 is better in every way! I'm having so much fun on it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    This is my Ltd edition Rune, sorry for the rubbish pic

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Good colour!
    I was riding in fog through trees today, my friend said he was just following the neon glow!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just wondering about sizing...

I'm right on the button between a small and a medium (at 170cm/ 5ft 7") which is something that bothers me to be honest. I like a roomier cockpit, but not an overly long bike overall.

I currently have a Medium Transition Bandit, - which I find just a little short, and a Nukeproof Mega AM which I find a little long overall . The cockpit on the Nukeproof is fine, but it is slightly longer on the chainstay than the Spitfire and I'm also running a Lyrik 170mm RC2DH fork which adds again to the wheelbase, I would lower this same fork to 160mm for the Spitfire (if I go with one). I would hope to replace both of these bikes with the Spitfire, reusing parts.

The spitfire ticks a heap of boxes for me overall, - just a bit bothered that I am between sizes on it. I'm thinking that with the shorter chainstays than the Nukeproof it might be fine though. Any thoughts? Anyone around the 5ft 7" mark riding a medium?

Cheers...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    What stem length do you run on the Mega? Looking at the geo charts the mega is more comparable to the rune, the spitfire being longer in reach by 13mm.
    I'm 5'9" on a medium with a 45mm stem and find it nice and roomy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm running a 50mm stem with 740mm havoc bars.
    Cockpit is perfect for me in fairness, its just the overall length of the Mega is a tad long, - not awful now, - just not bang on.
    I see the Effective Top Tube is the same (540mm) on a Medium Spitfire as the Mega.

Is it better go go off of Reach of eTT? eTT seems to based from the saddle whereas Reach is based from the BB from what I can see.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'd go with a medium spitfire, 40mm stem and 750mm bars.
    I came off a shorter bike with slacker angles to compensate, the spitfire is more agile but has better high speed stability without feeling like a long bike. It's going to be very similar in size to the mega on paper but will ride very different.

Reach is a much better comparison, the mega has a slacker seat tube so you get the same eTT with less reach.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I'd go with a medium spitfire, 40mm stem and 750mm bars.
    I came off a shorter bike with slacker angles to compensate, the spitfire is more agile but has better high speed stability without feeling like a long bike. It's going to be very similar in size to the mega on paper but will ride very different.

Reach is a much better comparison, the mega has a slacker seat tube so you get the same eTT with less reach.
    Thanks for that, - would it be correct to say that eTT is a good indicator for seated position (as it is measured from the seat tube), while reach is a better overall indicator, but particularly so for when you are out of the saddle?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Exactly that but eTT can be altered by moving the seat without affecting handling.
    All this is leading to getting a bike with a longer reach and running shorter stems so you can ride steep terrain in a centred position.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aroche View Post
    Just wondering about sizing...

I'm right on the button between a small and a medium (at 170cm/ 5ft 7") which is something that bothers me to be honest. I like a roomier cockpit, but not an overly long bike overall.

I currently have a Medium Transition Bandit, - which I find just a little short, and a Nukeproof Mega AM which I find a little long overall . The cockpit on the Nukeproof is fine, but it is slightly longer on the chainstay than the Spitfire and I'm also running a Lyrik 170mm RC2DH fork which adds again to the wheelbase, I would lower this same fork to 160mm for the Spitfire (if I go with one). I would hope to replace both of these bikes with the Spitfire, reusing parts.

The spitfire ticks a heap of boxes for me overall, - just a bit bothered that I am between sizes on it. I'm thinking that with the shorter chainstays than the Nukeproof it might be fine though. Any thoughts? Anyone around the 5ft 7" mark riding a medium?

Cheers...
    Im 169 cm and I went with a small spitfire that I run with a 60 mm stem and 740 mm bars. I like the fit, but I have not really played around with stem length and such so I dont know what that is worth to you. However I find that the bike with my corrent cockpit, 27,5" wheels and a 150 mm Pike (with the bike in the steepest setting), works very well. It keeps the front end planted in very steep technical climbs and Im never afraid of going over the bars. My current setup is for very technical slow stuff, for higher speeds in less technical stuff, perhaps the bigger bike would be good. The small spitfire is however quite big and I dont think I would want a size medium.