Legend owners, please post pics

22K views 105 replies 34 participants last post by  home_piece 
#1 ·
I love my Legend !

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Thanks !

It's winter in France too & I'm still putting the pieces together.

But what about this one ? Do you put the Saint derailleur "mode converter" with this 11-28 cassette ?

#36 ·
Yes, that's what's said.
But it depends on frames too.
Have you read this, here ?

By now you're all hopefully familiar with Shimano's new clutch derailleur system, Shadow+. If you're not, you should be. This revolutionary technology is the greatest thing since the dropper post and will greatly improve any ride. At the basic level, the clutch works similar to a coaster brake, which allows motion in only one direction, preventing the derailleur cage from rotating and thereby keeping the chain tight at all times, helping to eliminate chain slap and improve shift consistency. Much like its XTR predecessor, the clutch on the Saint derailleur does its job very well. The chain still occasionally contacts the chainstay, so you'll want to use a chainstay guard, but it's far less frequent than a traditional derailleur.

Now then, after praising the clutch mechanism, we have to point out one fatal flaw that can potentially negate the improvements provided by the clutch. On day one, our test bike was legitimately noisier than a traditional derailleur. How can that be? It turns out that the rather large clutch knuckle/switch portion of the derailleur was hitting the chainstay, not the chain.

After introducing a new direct-mount derailleur hanger at Sea Otter this year, Shimano had to design the new Saint derailleur to work with both traditional and direct-mount hangers. Herein lies the problem. When installed, the direct-mount hanger positions the derailleur lower and further back than a traditional hanger. Because none of the bikes at the launch were outfitted with the direct-mount hanger, compatibility and clearance issues became readily obvious. Nearly every bike without an up-sloping chainstay had the same issue, and some more-so than others, particularly FSR designs. To remedy the problem, Shimano's techs added more b-tension to some bikes and inserted a "mode converter" on others.

#52 ·
Not sure where you're from, but I had a huge headache trying to track some down. Trident (Canadian distributor) ended up pulling apart/combining all the various pivot kits they had in stock to come up with a full set of bearings. The bearing kits that their website shows in stock were in stock alright - in Taiwan...

Very nice! :thumbsup:
Thanks Jay - just need some decals now!!

#56 ·
Hey there, Rune V2 owner here and currently looking to replace my Kona Operator with a new DH Sled. Anyone care to share his thoughts regarding the Legend and if it's worth a buy? I've to decide between Aurum, TR450 and the Legend.
Anyone knows if there will be more or less huge changes to the upcoming 2014 model? Keith, maybe you can shed some light on this? Would hate to invest lots of money if 3 months later the new models with lots of improvements are announced...

#57 ·
From what i know, no new changes are around the corner but even if there were it won't matter because the Legend is one of the raddest DH bikes ever. Its respectable with weight, pops/playful, jumps well and is very condident inspiring through the rough stuff. I've been on the same one since they were released and in that timespan all my friends have replaces theor frames more than once and even one of my good buddies settled on a legend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.