Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Keith, I thought it's be easier to reach the valve if it shows to the upside but looks like I'll leave things like they are right now.

Can't wait to build the ride, I guess I have a few more rounds on my Rune then...

Btw., outstanding customer care from you and your german distributor everyday26.de, really appreciate it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thats great to hear that Bernhard is looking after you well, he's a good guy!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yes, Bernhard is great, way better than the old distributor
    love my legend
    Legend owners, please post pics-foto-2-.jpg

hope to get the money together to buy one of those runes in 2014

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey, I'm planning to use the Hope Step Down headset for my Legend. I'm just wondering if the cups aren't to small - the cups' height is around 7-10 mm. Isn't that to small for a full blown DH setup? Should I use larger cups or isn't this a problem for the steering tube at all?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    FSA stepdown on mine, not huge cups either but seems fine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hi fellow riders. Any tips to remove the suspension linkage so I can get access to the bearings. I can't remove the axles.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just undo the axle bolts, and then tap the axle through with a punch... it's a simple process by my require some shock force knock the axles through if they have not been regularly maintained.

Remember to apply antiseize grease to the axles before reassembling.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yeah, mine hasn't been maintained in a long time.
    What do you use to tap it? I will have to deliver a few good punches and I don't want to damage them.

Thanks for the help builttoride
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If the pivots haven't been maintained for a long time then there is the chance that the antiseize grease has got a bit thin and the Ti axles can kind of fuse slightly with the steel of the bearings. This shouldn't be too hard to break tho... some sharp light cracks of a hammer should be enough to break it.

I would recommend to use a regular hammer (not a ruber mallet) as the shock from the metal hammer will help break and bonding. It shouldn't require heavy blows, just fast sharp taps to break bonds and work the axle out bit by bit. It should come out easily once you have got it moving.

If you don't have a punch that fits well, you could use an allen key inserted into the axle that butts up on the interior far end. The axles are strong, but try to avoid damaging the internal threads.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thank you, this worked. Now giving some love to my legend and post pictures when ready

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Absolutely love this bike. A Dorado is on the short list.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hey guys! I've just built my new Legend! Here it is Legend owners, please post pics-dsc_0221.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone running the CCDB Air in their Legend and care to share some details on their setup? (Rider weight, Sag, number of Volume Spacers etc...)

I'm already familiar with the suggested base tune from cane creek but I was wondering if anyone is running something different (e.g. less than the suggested three large volume spacers, more LSC etc...)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    any suggestions for positioning the fork bumpers? Both top- and downtube seem to use the same tube wall thickness, so I guess it doesn't matter if the bumpers face the top-/downtube?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    any suggestions for positioning the fork bumpers? Both top- and downtube seem to use the same tube wall thickness, so I guess it doesn't matter if the bumpers face the top-/downtube?
    Good question! The downtube is significantly thicker than the top tube in that location, so it is important to put the bumpers on the downtube, and to avoid the unsupported section... so I recommend positioning the bumpers so that they make contat at the very bottom of the downtube (where the gusset is built in to the hydroforming), as this is the strongest location.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the answer Keith!

mtbr member
    Legend owners, please post pics-lgnd.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I flash back to those that remember Adam Brayton's frame the year he got injured badly. It's a little different now though. What a brilliant bike though! The spec is beneath.

Legend owners, please post pics-dsc_1057.jpg

Legend Mk 2
    BOS Idylles DC
    CCDB(with 3.0X350lbs steel spring)
    Formula ROs
    Raceface Atlas Cranks(BB incl)
    ODI Ruffian Grips
    Raceface Atlas Bars
    SRAM x9 rear
    SRAM x9 trigger
    Raceface Atlas Direct Mount
    Funn Bullet 20mm
    Mavic EX823s
    DT Swiss Spokes
    Hope Pro 2 Rear Hub
    Dirty Dans
    DMR V12 Mag Pedals
    E-thirteen SRS East Coast
    Banshee seat post
    Selle Italia Shiver Ti
    SRAM PC-991
    SRAM PG950 9-Speed Cassette

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just a quick question related to the Legend's bottom bracket: I have installed two different cranksets (both Shimano) and have noticed that the chain ring does not align when I spin the cranks, it looks like the chain ring is bent a little bit to the inside since it does not run smooth.
    I have installed two brand new Shimano Zee cranksets (since I initially thought there was something wrong with the first one) but it turned out the problem appears with both cranksets.
    Last edited by MindPatterns; 02-14-2014 at 05:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have corrected my previous post. Of course it's not related to the frame itself, since the chain ring "wobbles" from left to right (ca. 1mm): Guess I was unlucky with my two cranksets

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Aaaaand... it's done!

Legend owners, please post pics-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Fresh for the season. Re-paint, new decals, new bearings, new shift/derail. STOKED!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legend owners, please post pics-_i1h0414.jpg  

Legend owners, please post pics-_i1h0415.jpg  

Legend owners, please post pics-_i1h0419.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Where did you guys get new decals? I think a re-paint or polish is next along with new bearings. I love the Dorado on this bike.

Legend owners, please post pics-10609544_10152672629649168_8985514171611984631_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Now that the season is winding down, I figured it's time to post a few pics of my baby. Here's my Legend:

Legend owners, please post pics-legend-1.jpgLegend owners, please post pics-legend-2.jpgLegend owners, please post pics-legend-3.jpgLegend owners, please post pics-legend-4.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

We the people ...

Quote Originally Posted by home_piece View Post
    Fresh for the season. Re-paint, new decals, new bearings, new shift/derail. STOKED!
    Aaaaaand, not as stoked at the mid-way point of summer. Noticed this beauty on day one of a trip to Silver Star; wraps right around under the top tube and up the other side
    Legend owners, please post pics-p0pb11477765.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast