Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by home_piece View Post
    Fresh paint/fork/drivetrain/bars for 2013.

Attachment 782930
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    Looks great. Mine is going to paint soon. Need new bearings too.
    Not sure where you're from, but I had a huge headache trying to track some down. Trident (Canadian distributor) ended up pulling apart/combining all the various pivot kits they had in stock to come up with a full set of bearings. The bearing kits that their website shows in stock were in stock alright - in Taiwan...

Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Very nice!
    Thanks Jay - just need some decals now!!

08 Master DH World champ'
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Very nice!
    You Jay ?

Could you please answer my email, it's about my Legend rear axle ...
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams ...
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

mtbr member
    Bearings are pretty easy to source from enduroforkseal.com AFAIK...

Quote Originally Posted by home_piece View Post
    Not sure where you're from, but I had a huge headache trying to track some down. Trident (Canadian distributor) ended up pulling apart/combining all the various pivot kits they had in stock to come up with a full set of bearings. The bearing kits that their website shows in stock were in stock alright - in Taiwan...

Thanks Jay - just need some decals now!!

Calm like a Bomb

Legend owners, please post pics

Legend owners, please post pics-p4pb9417056.jpgBuild is almost complete..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legend owners, please post pics-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1365292208.195699.jpg  

Last edited by stunzeed; 04-13-2013 at 12:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey there, Rune V2 owner here and currently looking to replace my Kona Operator with a new DH Sled. Anyone care to share his thoughts regarding the Legend and if it's worth a buy? I've to decide between Aurum, TR450 and the Legend.
    Anyone knows if there will be more or less huge changes to the upcoming 2014 model? Keith, maybe you can shed some light on this? Would hate to invest lots of money if 3 months later the new models with lots of improvements are announced...

mtbr member
    From what i know, no new changes are around the corner but even if there were it won't matter because the Legend is one of the raddest DH bikes ever. Its respectable with weight, pops/playful, jumps well and is very condident inspiring through the rough stuff. I've been on the same one since they were released and in that timespan all my friends have replaces theor frames more than once and even one of my good buddies settled on a legend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Sounds good to me. All the FUD regarding snapped Operators made me dizzy. looking for something reliable. If it's anything as good as the Rune, I'm sold.

mtbr member
    Building it up next week. Nice to freshen the bike up. It was getting beat (cosmetically) Legend owners, please post pics-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Comparing a few dh bikes (Aurum, Operator, TR450), I see that the reach on a M sized Legend is really short. I'm afraid it'd feel too cramped for me (177cm). Can anyone share their experience regarding this? How does the Legend feel after all?

mtbr member
    I ride a large Rune but jave a medium Legend. It fits well but a large would probably be more on point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    how tall are you?

mtbr member
    6' long torso though. Inseam = 32"

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Comparing a few dh bikes (Aurum, Operator, TR450), I see that the reach on a M sized Legend is really short. I'm afraid it'd feel too cramped for me (177cm). Can anyone share their experience regarding this? How does the Legend feel after all?
    I'm 5'9" (basically the same height as you) and the medium feels perfect. I've played around on the large, and it definitely felt pretty big for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

mtbr member
    Nice bike, Villas! That looks like a fairly light build. Any idea on weight?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Can someone provide the cup sizes for a zero stack headset for the 2013 Legend? I'll probably look for an Acros headset, since I'm already running one on my Rune.

mtbr member

ZS49/28.6 top and ZS49/30 bottom, at least in the way that Cane Creek describes sizes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas View Post
    Nice bike, Villas! That looks like a fairly light build. Any idea on weight?
    17.93 Kg

mtbr member
    @builttoride do you have in mind updates on the mkII in therms of geo and suspension?

thanks

mtbr member
    Here is mine all built. Thanks to Stunzeed for helping me bolt it back up. Just got a white Chromag saddle that might make its way on the bike.Legend owners, please post pics-image.jpg

W/instagram filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legend owners, please post pics-249110_771559916030_188252958_n.jpg  

Last edited by ryan_daugherty; 06-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice one!

mtbr member
    Any new Legends coming?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Soon... received my frame today but it'll take a while until it's build. Still have to decide which fork I will run...

Anyhow, I'm using a CCDB Air in the Legend and would like to align the valve so it's pointing upwards. Can anyone tell me if it's okay if I simply twist the piston, or do I really have to disassmble the air can, re-align the whole thing, and the re-assemble again?

Edit:
    oh, and torquening values for the bushings would be great (rear & shockmount).

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Soon... received my frame today but it'll take a while until it's build. Still have to decide which fork I will run...

Anyhow, I'm using a CCDB Air in the Legend and would like to align the valve so it's pointing upwards. Can anyone tell me if it's okay if I simply twist the piston, or do I really have to disassmble the air can, re-align the whole thing, and the re-assemble again?

Edit:
    oh, and torquening values for the bushings would be great (rear & shockmount).
    You can turn the shock valve pretty easily once you let all the air out... it's infinitely adjustable. This shows the position I would recommend Banshee Legend MKII - Tested - Pinkbike

The only bushings on the MkII are the DU bushings in the shock.

Shock bolts should be tightened to 15Nm
    Main pivot (above BB) to 10Nm
    All other pivots to 8Nm
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast