mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Keronite Upgrade Worth it?

Hey Everyone

I'm new to my 2011 Rune, I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I've been riding it on where it was designed on the North Shore.

I've re greased the bushings after every couple rides and today I pulled the pivots and they look pretty good.

I do have to buy one new pivot because the grease port set screw is stripped on one of them.

Should I take this opportunity to buy the new Keronite pivot's? or is it mostly hype?

Thanks

mtbr member
    i don't think many people have them. is it hype? i wouldn't call it that, the finish is more durable than the original. if you are going to have problems you will whether you grease after every ride or not. i was meticulous in my maintenance and my frames still developed issues while others had none with less maintenance. so ride wise you won't notice anything.

i'm not sure the keronite axles will cost you more so why not? and as far as looks, the bushings can look great but still be worn. keep an eye on the aluminum surfaces as well when you open things up.