mtbr member
    Dec 2007

keith, Jay- Rune Revisions, any word??

Rune revisions?? Any word on what they may be? After the Rune wish list thread responses I think the Rune really only needs minor tweeks.

mtbr member
    i think that there isn't a lot of hope for that now. the prime is still [priority #1 i believe and it's still not ready. i imagine revisions to the current stable are on the back burner

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There will be a couple of small tweaks to the rune next year... We'll post info on the blog about it when confirmed.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Id kill for a carbon rune/spitty but I know it is probably faar away.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    There will be a couple of small tweaks to the rune next year... We'll post info on the blog about it when confirmed.
    Only thing needed is bearings or improved bushings. The bike really needs no improvements. Its perfect.

mtbr member
    I love how the Rune feels and rides with the exception of the pedal feedback. You guys with the fast flowy terrain don't suffer from the same issues like we have in Arizona. Climbing rough, rocky, ledges/steps is a nightmare when the suspension kicks your feet off the pedals. The angle of the lower pivot creates too much chain growth in my opinion but I know that leveling that link out creates issues with patents. Just my observation.
    "Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent"

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    The angle of the lower pivot creates too much chain growth in my opinion but I know that leveling that link out creates issues with patents. Just my observation.
    Easily solved with different gearing options. Ditch the granny, get 1x with a 36t in back, even a 30t in front if you really need easy gears. This way you can get the same gear ratio without the chainline being so close to the pivot.

"leveling that link out" would make the bike less active under braking, regardless of patent issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Easily solved with different gearing options. Ditch the granny, get 1x with a 36t in back, even a 30t in front if you really need easy gears. This way you can get the same gear ratio without the chainline being so close to the pivot.

"leveling that link out" would make the bike less active under braking, regardless of patent issues.
    1x9/10 isn't really much of an option here with the steep technical climbs we have. 1x isn't popular here because of that.

mtbr member
    I love how the Rune feels and rides with the exception of the pedal feedback. You guys with the fast flowy terrain don't suffer from the same issues like we have in Arizona. Climbing rough, rocky, ledges/steps is a nightmare when the suspension kicks your feet off the pedals. The angle of the lower pivot creates too much chain growth in my opinion but I know that leveling that link out creates issues with patents. Just my observation.
    We have that here in NM too. Problem solved by removing granny ring and going 1x9/10.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    1x9/10 isn't really much of an option here with the steep technical climbs we have. 1x isn't popular here because of that.
    On my 29'er, I'm running a 30t front and a 12-36 9-spd cassette. That 30x36t gear combo is EASY. It's essentially the same gear ratio as a 22t granny with a 27t cog in back- so it's definitely a bit taller than the easiest 2x9 gears, but my bike is also running a pound lighter with no front shifter/derailuer, and the shifting is much better than 2x9. With a 26" wheel, that 30x36t combo equates to about 2.6mph minimum with a cadence of 40...basically you run out of low gears at walking speed.

After completing a full season with 1x9 on both my bikes, I don't think I'll ever run a granny again.

PS- got the grease gun adapter, nice work!
    just need a different grease gun now...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    On my 29'er, I'm running a 30t front and a 12-36 9-spd cassette. That 30x36t gear combo is EASY. It's essentially the same gear ratio as a 22t granny with a 27t cog in back- so it's definitely a bit taller than the easiest 2x9 gears, but my bike is also running a pound lighter with no front shifter/derailuer, and the shifting is much better than 2x9. With a 26" wheel, that 30x36t combo equates to about 2.6mph minimum with a cadence of 40...basically you run out of low gears at walking speed.

After completing a full season with 1x9 on both my bikes, I don't think I'll ever run a granny again.

PS- got the grease gun adapter, nice work!
    just need a different grease gun now...
    Are you running the 30T in the granny position or the middle ring position? What kind of chainring are you using?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Middle ring- it's one of these andersen machine works rings. The non-ramped SS/1x ring is a little thicker, and he provides custom hardware so you don't have to worry about bending a ring due to the BCD being close to the teeth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    bearings please!

Shovel Ready
    I just went to an Enduro and problem solved and I kept my granny gear. I had a friend that told me go 1x9 as others have suggested. When he rode the stuff we do. He was walking up the hills on his 1x9. Even said he might have to put the granny ring back on for this stuff. Maybe a more powerful rider or someone many pounds lighter can push 1x9 all day on our trails. That's great for them. That's just not doable for this old guy.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.