mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Ive got my rune for sale if anyone is looking

Ive got my Rune for sale over in the Frameset section in case anyone was looking for one. Custom powder coat done when new from Drop N Zone. Got hurt first ride out and just want to go back to a shorter travel XC bike again. Could do a frame, frame/ fork, or a complete bike sell if anyone was interested.

2010 Banshee Rune Medium custom powdercoat Excellent condition! - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Good luck selling it here with all the bushing talk!

mtbr member
    Might I ask what kind of chain guide is that and how did you get it to work without rubbing the chain ring bolts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Wow, that's a gorgeous looking Rune.

Chainguide looks like an E13 DS? That's what I have on mine and I used a Dremel to grind a small amount of the bolts down, it didn't take much to stop the rubbing.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Man, nice bike. I'm sorry that we never did get together to ride up at BC, you had your crash about the time I was ordering up a new bike. I recall seeing yours listed for sale on CL about that time...heal up man, hope you get back out on the trails!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The chain guide is a e13 ds. I'll have to look at it when I get home but it wasn't too big of a deal to fit. I had to grind the bottom tab down to keep it from contacting the rear triangle but can't remember if I ground the bolts down or spaced the bottom bracket over.

It's a bad bike for sure thanks for the compliments! It's the only one in that color I've seen so far.

Cannonball!
    Dude, you're not going to hurt yourself everytime you ride it, get back on that pony!

mtbr member
    That's a bad ass looking bike, nicely done and too bad you have to sell. I am currently waiting for a new fork for my Rune that I am pretty stoked about (2012 RS Lyrik RC2 DH 170) that RS is sending out to me to replace my 09' Lyrik 2-step. Can't wait to ride it on the Rune and no more travel adjust failures to worry about, even though I am big fan of steepening the on the fly for the climbs.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    have you thought about the coil u-turn?

you can get it to 170mm (by adding a special 10mm spacer to the shaft of the coil) and still use the travel reducing feature, down to 125mm...

i started with a regular '08 lyrik MC and i modded it by removing the floodgate, changing the daming oil to some different viscousity and adding the 10mm spacer, and getting the new maxle lite after crashing the old one on a rock...
    2480gr of pure adjustability and plushness, love it... besides the fact that the steerer is creaking inside the fork crown (which is just ennoying sometimes, but not dangerous according to rock shox...)

Let the good times roll.
    MalcomX, could you please give more details on this 170mm U-Turn mod? I've been considering switching the internals on my 2010 Lyrik U-turn DH to make it a 170mm fixed coil, but it would be awesome if I could get the same travel with just a spacer.

Where do I buy the special spacer, and what part of the spring assembly does it go on?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yeah Im just over it...ready to move onto something new. I change bikes all the time I always seem to want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    Dude, you're not going to hurt yourself everytime you ride it, get back on that pony!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i bought it from a guy in the german forum:
    Lyrik/Domain U-Turn Hülse zur Federwegserweiterung auf 170/180mm - MTB-News.de: Bikemarkt
    basically, you just open the bottom screws of the fork (where the rebound sits, plus the coil side) then you pull off the casting, hopefully without making a big mess, then you have a good oportunity to relube the casting seals and bushings, you put the spacer on the bottom of the spring - the upper part of the fork is going back into the casting, put everything back together, and dont forget to put the 15ml of 15w oil back in there... with the spacer, there comes a longer screw, so you have to pull the bottom seal off the original screw, and put it in the longer one (this is done because the original screw would not insert into the shaft because now it is 10mm farther away)

what it does is let the spring itself sit 10mm higher... but the spring can do nearly 180mm anyways on every u-turn, and so, hopefully you can back up a little on the highspeed-compression, and use that 10mm of aditional travel... if the spring always was a bit on the stiff side, it can be necessary to move on to the softer spring...

some friends of me have done it as well, and everyone is pleased with it... with a domain casting, or an older lyrik casting and the damping from a newer one, it is even possible to make a 180mm u-turn lyrik...

and it is good for cheaply converting a 160mm domain into the 180mm version, since the springs on those are the same, and the only difference is the shaft assembly length - only that the original RS replacement shaft for conversion is 45$ and this is 15$...

also good if you want to make a 29er coil fork... just take a 29er reba 140mm, pull the air assembly, put in a pike coil and add some spacers to make up for the ~1" longer casting, and, you have a 140mm coil reba 29"... the works pretty much between all compatible RS platforms (32mm or 35mm)

one more thing, you just need to do this on the spring side, since the damping side has enogh room for 172-180mm (depending on year etc) of travel anyways... you can try that by removing the casting, then pulling out the damping shaft... it will stick out further than the spring shaft...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    You guys ever heard of using PM's instead of hijacking a thread?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    sure, but your thread is pointless anyways, since this should be in the classifieds...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    When I was looking at buying a rune I would have snatched one up if there would have been a good used one available...guess where I looked for info about the bike.....

mtbr member

nice looking rune except for the color...

But that's only my opinion

My WC is in team B&W only because there weren't any other colors available
    i'd rather have it raw...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by amrayo View Post
    i'd rather have it raw...
    thats what she said!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Buhaha!