Let's Ride!

Hey Very Tall RuneV.2 Riders

I'm so very interested in the Rune, but really having problems figuring out if it'll fit....... I'm 6'7" with a 35+inseem riding an XXL Turner RFX that has 23" ST and a 26.4 TT .. the top tube is actually long for me with a 40mm stem, but I'm really worried about the Seat Tube on the XL RuneV.2 ....I'm worried about the short headtube too, wondering how far forward I'll be when climbing with my seat "up" ........ Pics encouraged from Tall guy/gal setups.

Ideally I'd be able to "try" one, but haven't seen anything in Northern California yet............
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

Let's Ride!
    Nobody tall riding one??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Hey Very Tall RuneV.2 Riders

I'm 6'5" on an xl. Usually ride slower tech trails. I love the way it climbs and I'm pretty comfy on it. I had 31" bars and a longish stem but switched to 28" and shorter stem and like it better. Not a whole lot to go on for you but it's the best trail I've had myself.

Sent from my phablet with Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Considered a Prime or is it not burly enough?

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Considered a Prime or is it not burly enough?
    thank, yeah, I'm on a Turner RFX and follow around XC and DH friends depending, so the Rune is what I'm interested in and having a 25" TT means it should be great, I'm just worried about the 20 ST as my current bike is 23" so I'll have a lot of seat post showing when I'm not pointed down hill.

and Birdmanx that's perfect!! I'm thinking this may be my next bike!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My friend is 6'6" and on a XL Spitfire V1 and is very happy, he uses a 50 mm stem and rides it both up and a lot of downhill.
    Have a look at the Spitfire V2 as well, it handles just as much abuse as the Rune I would say after using my V1 for 4 weeks in the alps last year riding Pila, Livigno, Alpes D'Huez (mostly downhill).
    The V2 is longer in Reach this year with the XL at 477 mm, V1 was 452 mm.

I am 6'4" and are on a V2 Spitfire size L + 65 mm stem this year.

Professional Troll
    What did you end up deciding? I'm 6'7" with 37" inseam. Mine will be here Monday and hopefully will be built up by next weekend.

Let's Ride!
    I ended up with a Knolly Chilcotin, the specs are almost identical although the Knolly is slightly bigger..........and really it was that a used one was available that was closer to my budget......Let me know how the Rune works, cause I'm still loving them....

Hey Very Tall RuneV.2 Riders-p4pb10012501.jpg

Professional Troll
    Hmm, you sure about it being bigger? According to the websites the reach on the banshee is 4mm longer, and stack is 2mm higher. Almost identical, but definitely not smaller than the knolly.

Let's Ride!
    sorry, I may have my numbers off, I was sure the ST was longer and everything else was pretty damn close. Either way, the rune seems like a GREAT bike and the option to go from 26 to 650 is a big plus. Me on a budget means I went to the Knolly......I don't regret it at all though, the Knolly is the most amazing bike I've been on......of course I'm in the Banshee forum so I'll duck out on that hehe......

mtbr member
    I'm 6'4" and ride a large with no issue's. I was originally looking for a XL and got a large instead(availability) and am actually glad cause the large fits me good for all around riding with a 70mm stem. I have a KS eTen post and its at max height though to get full leg extension.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

Professional Troll
    Good to know. Mine arrives tomorrow, should have it built up by Saturday to find out.

Let's Ride!

Re: Hey Very Tall RuneV.2 Riders

post it in here so I can see it.... love them runes

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Professional Troll
    In case anyone was curious, XL frame with all the hardware (axle, dropouts, seat post clamp, shock bolts, etc.) but without shock is 7 pounds, 14.8 oz according to my postage scale.

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    sorry, I may have my numbers off, I was sure the ST was longer and everything else was pretty damn close. Either way, the rune seems like a GREAT bike and the option to go from 26 to 650 is a big plus. Me on a budget means I went to the Knolly......I don't regret it at all though, the Knolly is the most amazing bike I've been on......of course I'm in the Banshee forum so I'll duck out on that hehe......
    Knolly Rune
    ST 20.4 20
    TT 25.3 25
    SO 30 29.44
    WB 46.7 47.5 curious if the longer wheelbase on the rune is noticable

Most other geo stuff is exactly the same, chain stays, BB height, etc..............really they are so close GEO wise it would be a GREAT way to compare suspension design by trying them both...........oh, I'm so curious now!! :-) .........

The Mountain Bike Life
    I went from a V1 Rune to a Prime and it climbs and descends better than my Rune did...holy crap is it an amazing bike. I am 6' 4" and went with an XL with a 35mm stem and it's the first bike in a long time that feels like it fits me. I have ridden it on the local Vancouver Island trails, it eats up the rough rocky, rooty, tight and nasty terrain that we are know for, up at Silver Star it felt faster and more stable than my Rune did...hit 60k on one piece of trail....braaaap. From talking to Keith the Prime is more like a big wheeled Rune than anything....being a tall dude, I am really LOVING the big wheels, it feels like I am in the bike rather than just on top of it...more balanced and fun.