mtbr member

Help me compile Legend MKII+RC4 setup data

http://mtbgeartech.com/home/communit...etup?groupid=7

I'd like to compile a valuable setup resource for Legend MKII+RC4 owners. Please help out when you have the time. Post the the linked form please...not in this thread.

mtbr member
    I like the idea you want to support the legend community but I dont understand the point? It only leads to kids riding on the most popular setup instead of learning how to setup their bikes. In my case I change the rear susp feel all the time, I went from glued and damped to pogo stick to glued again.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norbar
    I like the idea you want to support the legend community but I dont understand the point? It only leads to kids riding on the most popular setup instead of learning how to setup their bikes. In my case I change the rear susp feel all the time, I went from glued and damped to pogo stick to glued again.
    I see your point but it's nice to have a place to discuss your trial and error setups and what worked for you. It would give new owners a starting point or some ideas on different things to try. The RC4 is complex and adjusting one thing can change how another adjustment reacts. I foresee it as becoming a valuable tuning resource.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTech
    I see your point but it's nice to have a place to discuss your trial and error setups and what worked for you. It would give new owners a starting point or some ideas on different things to try. The RC4 is complex and adjusting one thing can change how another adjustment reacts. I foresee it as becoming a valuable tuning resource.
    Maybe its because I never found my RC4 complex and I dont count clicks. Im pretty sure its harder to learn how to use an iphone than learn what 4 dials, 1 air chamber and a preload option do Though I will post mine when I get it from service.

Imho a good explanation of what the dials do would be much better. A basic setup for someone riding smooth trails may be really crap for someone who lives in a bumpy, rooty, rocky place. I did les 2 alpes and Maribor in short period of time and the setup in both places should be really different.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

mtbr member
    I absolutely agree and I hope that when people share their setups and experiences in that discussion they include the different types of setups they use for different trails and situations.

Thanks ahead of time for the contribution. I'll try to contact Fox to see if someone from their tech dept can document how all of the controls work and work together and I'll add that to the discussion as well. Or I'll create a Fox group and add it to an RC4 thread there.