mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Fork Suggestions for Rune

Hey, I'm currently running a 2008 Fox Float R but am considering upgrading to a fork with more compression adjustments and a coil spring. I've been researching the Rock Shox Lyrik RC2L and the X Fusion Vengence HLR coil. I was just wondering what type of experiences people are having with either of these two forks. It seems like X Fusion has been putting really great products out on the market and from the reviews I've read, the Vengence gets really positive scores. I've heard that the X Fusion feels like a hybrid between a Fox Float and a Rock Shox Lyrik, is this true? Any help would be awesome, thanks!

mtbr member
    Get the Lyrik RC2 DH Coil. You cant go wrong. I'm running it on my Rune and it is butter. Great fork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fork Suggestions for Rune-dsc00010.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Are you thinking about the lyric 160 or 170? One thing to think about, the Vengeance hlr coil has the same axle to crown height as a Totem (565 mm), taller than the lyric 160 (545 mm) and the lyric 170 (555 mm) so you will have geo changes (slacker HA, taller BB, taller stack, shorter reach). You might like that, you might not. FWIW, I think the lyric 170 is the perfect fork height for the Rune. Xfusion does make great stuff now, i ahve one of their coil shocks and its fantastic
    '14 rocky mountain altitude, rally edition
    '11 transition blindside

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyooaj View Post
    Are you thinking about the lyric 160 or 170? One thing to think about, the Vengeance hlr coil has the same axle to crown height as a Totem (565 mm), taller than the lyric 160 (545 mm) and the lyric 170 (555 mm) so you will have geo changes (slacker HA, taller BB, taller stack, shorter reach). You might like that, you might not. FWIW, I think the lyric 170 is the perfect fork height for the Rune. Xfusion does make great stuff now, i ahve one of their coil shocks and its fantastic

i thought xfusion fixed that for 2012? that was kind of what kept me away from them before. i heard good things about them, just for me the bike i wanted it for i didn't want an extra 20mm added to the front as a penalty and no travel added.

powered by bacon
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Get the Lyrik RC2 DH Coil. You cant go wrong. I'm running it on my Rune and it is butter. Great fork.
    What he said

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Lyric Coil 170mm. Makes the Rune the best bike evah!!

HOLLA!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I really like the look and features of the Lyrik. I read a review on the RC2DH on NSMB and it seemed positive. With the high and low speed compression adjustments, is it fairly simple to set them up and can you feel a meaningful difference when you make the high and low speed adjustments? I was also wondering whether it would be a good idea to look at a version of the Lyrik that only has low speed adjustments or is the extra cost worth it to get high speed compression adjustment too?