Few setup questions on my scirocco
I'm looking to set up my scirocco as a 1x9. I'm in the process of getting an outlaw wheel set, and I have a shimano 11-32 cassette here to use. I'd like to run a short cage. Which one should I run, or I can't successfully ... I don't understand the drive line stuff much.
Also I'm looking for a crankset. What gear up front should I run? I'm going to get an e.13 SRS too. But I need the adapter for the ISCG mount.
1. Can I run a short cage with the 11-32 casette?
2. If so which one is compatible with the rear casette?
3. I need a crank set, which one for AM. I'd prefer something light weight. I'm going to run an e.13 SRS+.
4. On that note, what gearing up front?
5. My frame has no iscg tabs, will this throw off the drive line since I have to use the bracket?
congrats on geting a scirocco...i havnt ridden (or seen one in person) but i bet it will be awesome. answers in bold
1. Can I run a short cage with the 11-32 casette? yes. google "short vs. long" cage derailleur and read the mtbr thread that comes up to understand how it works
2. If so which one is compatible with the rear casette? any. ie: can use sram shifters/ders on shimano cassette
3. I need a crank set, which one for AM. I'd prefer something light weight. I'm going to run an e.13 SRS+. shimano slx. since u wont use the granny ring i doubt you'll have any clearance issue with e13 bolts and the granny ring mounts
4. On that note, what gearing up front? depends on your local hills and climbing ability, but i wouldnt go bigger than 32t with only a 32t biggest cog in your cassette. make sure you get the e13 made for small size chainrings
5. My frame has no iscg tabs, will this throw off the drive line since I have to use the bracket? no
one question: are you sure you'll really hit the ring against rocks? if not, you might be better off with something like mrps xc guide. there you still have a guide , just not a guard. then you can mount it to your frame and not have to futz with the bb mounting (which wont be that big an issue anyways, but could be a slight pain)
Originally Posted by nattyboh74
1. Yesm, you can run a short cage with the 11-32 casette
2. any derailer, as long as it is compatible with your shifter
3. Shimano SLX is good
4. gearing depends on you and your riding. Are you OK using exclusively your middle ring now?
5. The mounting bracket just replaces one of the BB spacers.
"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"
Thanks. I hope Im 100% good on using my middle ring now haha. I would think if I can get it in the low cassette i should be able to push it
Also, high mount or low mount front derailleur?
i have a high mount on mine but i don't think it will matter as there is nothing for the low mount to hang up on. but if you are going to 1x9 setup why the front dir?
great frames but after mounting a angleset to it and slacking it out a wee bit. it is now a weapon, oh so fun to ride
Yeah I just talked to banshee and they said you can use either high or low mount FD's
I was going 1x9. But I said ehh phuck it. I'll go 2x9 and just make a bashwich later if I want to go 1x9.
have been thinking of going 1x10 on mine but are still waiting to ware out the 2x8 setup on it at the moe.
By bobbotron in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
By Bull_D in forum Maverick
Last Post: 04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
By c-lo in forum Lights DIY - Do It Yourself
Last Post: 12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
By ftownXC in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 09:59 AM
By corerat in forum Bike and Frame discussion
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Members who have read this thread: 0
There are no members to list at the moment.