Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Discounted replacement?

So I have a 2011 Rune despite my best efforts i am wearing into my frame.

I heard somewhere that there is going to be a discounted replacement to the RuneV2 for current owners.

This true or BS?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'd rather drop a line to one of the banshee guys than ask the forum guys, who can only give you speculations and so on themselves... I am sure the banshee guys will handle your request in a satisfying way

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Keep en eye on the banshee blog over the next few weeks... we are just trying to finalize details with dealers and distributors to keep everyone happy.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Nice to hear

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Keep en eye on the banshee blog over the next few weeks... we are just trying to finalize details with dealers and distributors to keep everyone happy.
    Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. I apparently have the alignment issue too. Are you guys using the same manufacturer for this run?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Same manufacturer, but we have worked with them extensively over the last year to imporve things; new higher tolerance tooling, QC and manufacturing processes and alignment check proceedures (as well as many other things) in place for the V2 bikes. We are seeing great results on the KS link bikes coming through production now.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    would there be a CCDB air option for this replacement?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The new frames come with new shocks (due to different shock sizes and tunes) and all shock options should be possible (dependant on avaliability)... obviously different prices will apply.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    The new frames come with new shocks (due to different shock sizes and tunes) and all shock options should be possible (dependant on avaliability)... obviously different prices will apply.
    Awesome

Cannonball!
    Woohoo!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    same thing for the spitty? (crossing fingers)

mtbr member
    Banshee Blog: Banshee Upgrade Program

I was hoping for more info, but will contact dealer soon to see what the options are.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi builttoride,

Is the upgrade program limited to the current frame that I own, Rune V1 to a Rune V2?
    Or can I upgrade to another frame instead, such as the Banshee Legend?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Distributors will be making all decisions about upgrades, so I cannot comment more than to say that the program is designed for like to like bikes.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Anyone get word on your upgrade submission? I submitted mine today online using my 2010 Banshee Rune. Looking forward to hearing back soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I talked to someone at Trident Sports last night and was told they had a large backlog of submissions to respond to, maybe several days worth. I lost my sales receipt, so I can't submit mine until I get a copy from Joyride Cycles. Will be interested in what others are told, especially the prices : )

Also, they told me I could trade Spitfire for either a Rune or another Spitfire. I was worried I would only be able to trade up to another Spitfire.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I submited mine through them. You don't even get an email confirmation; just an on-screen confirmation. I am look forward to hearing what they can do for me.

Anyone who hears please post.

mtbr member
    Where are you guys submitting things? I've emailed my distributor as well as the online shop I purchased from but have not had a response...something I'm missing?

Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    Too little too late. I've had a Spitty frame hanging from the wall for two years that is so badly aligned the rear end doesn't move when you remove the shock. The UK distributor didn't want to know back then, and no longer sell Banshee bikes. A total waste of money and an even bigger disappointment. If only the known issues with these frames had been dealt with at the time.

You live and learn.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    If the shop you purchased it from got it from distributor: TridentSports you can go here:

Warranty Claim | Trident Sports

Reference the Discount Program...don't have to take photos of damage or have a value for damage if there isn't anything. You do need to include two photos of the bike and one photo of the serial number.

mtbr member
    Thanks!

Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    @Rlfree

Thanks for the link but that's the US distributor.

I bought it from the UK distributor and as I said, they no longer sell Spitfires. They also were useless in returning calls or answering emails when the frames issues came to light a few months after purchase.

That said, it's hard to blame the distributor. The manufacturer made poor frames and should have dealt with it better at the time. The damage is done and their reputation is tarnished.

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr S View Post
    @Rlfree

Thanks for the link but that's the US distributor.

I bought it from the UK distributor and as I said, they no longer sell Spitfires. They also were useless in returning calls or answering emails when the frames issues came to light a few months after purchase.

That said, it's hard to blame the distributor. The manufacturer made poor frames and should have dealt with it better at the time. The damage is done and their reputation is tarnished.
    Could have sworn that the announcement said that if there was no distributor to contact them directly. Lighten up a little, I'd say that they are making a valid attempt to salvage their reputation.

Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    Could have sworn that the announcement said that if there was no distributor to contact them directly. Lighten up a little, I'd say that they are making a valid attempt to salvage their reputation.

Lighten up? Really? Hey, I no longer care what happens. I won't be contacting anyone. I lost too much sleep over this two years ago. I'm simply pointing out that at the time, when it mattered to me, a customer, no one could give a ****.

So what is this deal that you are all getting excited about? Without contacting a local distributor, or Banshee direct, we have no way of knowing. The clue however is 'Discount Scheme' not ' Sorry, we goofed, and all you guys with £1400 wall art can have a replacement frame that is actually fit for purpose this time'.
    In short they want customers to hand over yet more money to get something they should have got in the first place. And how are we to know that these frames are better made? Just because some guy from Banshee has told us that things have been improved? Well he would say that wouldn't he!

I don't want to come across as a jerk here, but I think that anyone about to spend hard earned money that they should do so with eyes wide open. This is after all a consumer review website is it not?

Flogging us frames at trade prices isn't a valid effort to salvage their reputation to me or the other disgruntled Spitfire owners that have posted here over the last couple of years.

Nucking Futs
    so when Freeborn failed to take care of you did you email Banshee directly or leave it at that? sorry to say but first blame a distributor (rightfully so) but if you didn't go any further you're at fault here, not Banshee. their known for taking care of customers one way or the other, but you gotta get in touch with them. they will either force Freeborn to hussle something or handle the matter directly.

they are also offering a FREE new V1.5 frame with the newer axles and wear plates installed if you don't want to pay an up charge. or atleast they were? sure it isn't like a big company like S, T or G but that's part of the game when riding a smaller company. if you can't be patient you're better off with one of their bikes. i'd suggest contacting Keith or Jay directly and see what they can do before throwing in the towel. you won't find a better riding bike easy, that's for sure.
    Amplify your ®ide

Spitfire Amp Scythe

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast