Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Custom colors on Rune V2

Looks like I'll be getting a 2013 Rune V2. Problem is, I'm not a fan of the current colors being offered, so a custom powder coating is in line. Aside from the highlighter yellow that seems to get a lot of love, what other colors do you think would go well with the new Rune?

At the moment I'm really feeling the Orange that was previously offered on the Scythe. The Team orange on the Knolly Chilcotin's also looks sweet, but maybe a tad too bright or neon.

This color on a Rune with black parts (fork, cranks, wheels, etc)

mtbr member
    Glow in the dark green, as offered by On One a while back. Couple with black stickers.

Alternatively any neon colour, although my bikes are dark metallic green and good old black. I regret those decisions when I could have had garish neons.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    more than the colors, I would be asking for CUSTOM STICKERS... easy, with a large range of colors and perfect to tune your bike.

The current colors looks sweet, raw and anodized perfect to remove some weight of the frame... and blue,red and neon yellow depends on the likes from the customers.

IMO custom stickers will be the key and more cheap and get less time than prepare a new release for the painters .

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    more than the colors, I would be asking for CUSTOM STICKERS... easy, with a large range of colors and perfect to tune your bike.

The current colors looks sweet, raw and anodized perfect to remove some weight of the frame... and blue,red and neon yellow depends on the likes from the customers.

IMO custom stickers will be the key and more cheap and get less time than prepare a new release for the painters .
    Exactly my thought
    Apart from Black Anodized or Raw, every other faved Color will change like Seasons ...
    Now there is a certain Hype for the bright Neon ones, next Year you may be tired of having it because all the new flashy Parts to buy comes in in something else colorwise ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Black anodized stealth, without graphics and black or gray letters.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Exactly my thought
    Apart from Black Anodized or Raw, every other faved Color will change like Seasons ...
    Now there is a certain Hype for the bright Neon ones, next Year you may be tired of having it because all the new flashy Parts to buy comes in in something else colorwise ...
    The tendence it´s go to NEON and FLUO colors... at least 2012-2013.

Raw and black are a must in a bike.

The other options depends on the designer and "more or less" people who has been asked... but I think colors in overall are fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Custom color sticker kit would be pretty sweet!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    Custom color sticker kit would be pretty sweet!
    Are you getting a new one dude? This frame looks freaking spectacular. My HD might be gone if the new Rune rides as good as it looks on paper!

mtbr member
    The trend is definitely for neon/flouro colors this year/next. But I live in Giants country. I don't think I'll be getting sick of orange any time soon!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    this

mtbr member
    I had a Scythe in that Orange and the paint was not very hardy. Definitely showed the thrashing it received. The Raw Scythe I have now looks a lot better.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    Are you getting a new one dude? This frame looks freaking spectacular. My HD might be gone if the new Rune rides as good as it looks on paper!
    As soon as bonuses land next spring!! Now if I could only decide on a color!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    The trend is definitely for neon/flouro colors this year/next. But I live in Giants country. I don't think I'll be getting sick of orange any time soon!

GREEN AND GOLD WOLD LOOK BETTER

mtbr member
    If we're talking orange, definitely this would be my choice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    If we're talking orange, definitely this would be my choice.

< snip image >
    Yes. 20x yes.

mtbr member
    Just got word from Banshee on the trade-in program so I'll be getting a V2 at a reduced cost and keeping my v1.5 frame. Sweet deal, actually. Raw and black -- simple, because a man never confuses fade with fashion.
    A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolian Solo View Post
    Just got word from Banshee on the trade-in program so I'll be getting a V2 at a reduced cost and keeping my v1.5 frame. Sweet deal, actually. Raw and black -- simple, because a man never confuses fade with fashion.

Hi Aeolian Solo, did you email them?

mtbr member
    The bike shop from where I purchased the frame is dealing with Banshee -- or Trident. This is a copy of the email I received:

Adam here. Just got in touch with Banshee. OK, so here’s what they can do for you.

· Option 1 – Replace your bushings & axel w/ newer versions that should last longer. I’m not 100% sure how much better this will actually be; however since it does seem to be a issue, it sounds like they’d be willing to take care of you on this for a few years out should the problem re-occur again. If you choose this option, this would be at no cost to you. Obviously bushings are bushings and they do wear faster than bearings. I think they went this route not realizing that they’d wear so quickly on some bikes, especially if not maintained properly, hence the V2 having bearings from my understanding.

· Option 2 – For roughly $1200 or so + S&H, they’ll upgrade you to a Rune V2 w/ shock, which if I’m not mistaken, has bearings instead of bushings now, which should prove to be quite a bit more durable in the long term when compared to bushings. The real kicker here that makes it pretty awesome, at least in my opinion, is they let you keep your original Rune frame. Just buy some replacement bushings & axels or whatever’s actually needed and you’ll either have a spare frame laying around that you can build into 2nd bike for a buddy w/ out a bike to ride with or maybe just sell it on eBay as used.

Of course there’s no rush on your end to decide. Think about it and let me know what you’d rather do. If you want to reach me, I’m in the office today until 5 PM CST. After that, I won’t be in the office again until Monday morning. If you can’t reach me while I’m here, feel free to just reply via e-mail and I’ll handle it on Monday when I return to the office.
    A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have changed region, wonder if my local dealer will help me with this upgrade program.

Anyway, I have emailed them. hope to get favourable replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolian Solo View Post
    The bike shop from where I purchased the frame is dealing with Banshee -- or Trident. This is a copy of the email I received:

Adam here. Just got in touch with Banshee. OK, so here’s what they can do for you.

· Option 1 – Replace your bushings & axel w/ newer versions that should last longer. I’m not 100% sure how much better this will actually be; however since it does seem to be a issue, it sounds like they’d be willing to take care of you on this for a few years out should the problem re-occur again. If you choose this option, this would be at no cost to you. Obviously bushings are bushings and they do wear faster than bearings. I think they went this route not realizing that they’d wear so quickly on some bikes, especially if not maintained properly, hence the V2 having bearings from my understanding.

· Option 2 – For roughly $1200 or so + S&H, they’ll upgrade you to a Rune V2 w/ shock, which if I’m not mistaken, has bearings instead of bushings now, which should prove to be quite a bit more durable in the long term when compared to bushings. The real kicker here that makes it pretty awesome, at least in my opinion, is they let you keep your original Rune frame. Just buy some replacement bushings & axels or whatever’s actually needed and you’ll either have a spare frame laying around that you can build into 2nd bike for a buddy w/ out a bike to ride with or maybe just sell it on eBay as used.

Of course there’s no rush on your end to decide. Think about it and let me know what you’d rather do. If you want to reach me, I’m in the office today until 5 PM CST. After that, I won’t be in the office again until Monday morning. If you can’t reach me while I’m here, feel free to just reply via e-mail and I’ll handle it on Monday when I return to the office.

The Mountain Bike Life
    I was told by my LBS that I would not be allowed to keep my old Rune...would love to hear from Banshee on this subject as I would love to sell it to help pay for the new frame (or give it to my son...if I get a good enough deal).

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    I was told by my LBS that I would not be allowed to keep my old Rune...would love to hear from Banshee on this subject as I would love to sell it to help pay for the new frame (or give it to my son...if I get a good enough deal).
    Maybe thats because your frame had absolutly no damage as you stated in another thread?

The Mountain Bike Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Maybe thats because your frame had absolutly no damage as you stated in another thread?
    While it is true that my current rune is running well, that is because I have replaced the front triangle once and the rear triangle once.
    Last edited by mudpuppy; 10-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    While it is true that my current rune is running well, that is because I have replaced the front triangle once and the rear triangle twice.
    Wow, how come. It's not from bushing wear.

The Mountain Bike Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Wow, how come. It's not from bushing wear.
    Whoops, each only once.

I was told bad welds...that plus my weight (265lbs) and my hackish riding style...I have broken twelve frames now...every full suspension bike I have owned except my old transition dirt bag have broken under my awesomeness. That bike climbed shitty and was too small for me though...the Rune is the perfect bike for me...I love my bike, I just want to make sure I am riding the strongest/best version of the bike so I can have full confidence in my bike and do it as cost neutral as possible.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Whoops, each only once.

I was told bad welds...that plus my weight (265lbs) and my hackish riding style...I have broken twelve frames now...every full suspension bike I have owned except my old transition dirt bag have broken under my awesomeness. That bike climbed shitty and was too small for me though...the Rune is the perfect bike for me...I love my bike, I just want to make sure I am riding the strongest/best version of the bike so I can have full confidence in my bike and do it as cost neutral as possible.
    Rivers, I am pretty sure that Kieth wrote on here in one of the posts that people are allowed to keep their old friends. Are you hearing different from Sooke or Trident?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast