Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Haus Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,424

    Custom colors on Rune V2

    Looks like I'll be getting a 2013 Rune V2. Problem is, I'm not a fan of the current colors being offered, so a custom powder coating is in line. Aside from the highlighter yellow that seems to get a lot of love, what other colors do you think would go well with the new Rune?

    At the moment I'm really feeling the Orange that was previously offered on the Scythe. The Team orange on the Knolly Chilcotin's also looks sweet, but maybe a tad too bright or neon.

    This color on a Rune with black parts (fork, cranks, wheels, etc)

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,652
    Glow in the dark green, as offered by On One a while back. Couple with black stickers.

    Alternatively any neon colour, although my bikes are dark metallic green and good old black. I regret those decisions when I could have had garish neons.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    more than the colors, I would be asking for CUSTOM STICKERS... easy, with a large range of colors and perfect to tune your bike.

    The current colors looks sweet, raw and anodized perfect to remove some weight of the frame... and blue,red and neon yellow depends on the likes from the customers.

    IMO custom stickers will be the key and more cheap and get less time than prepare a new release for the painters .

  4. #4
    Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Reputation: NoStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    more than the colors, I would be asking for CUSTOM STICKERS... easy, with a large range of colors and perfect to tune your bike.

    The current colors looks sweet, raw and anodized perfect to remove some weight of the frame... and blue,red and neon yellow depends on the likes from the customers.

    IMO custom stickers will be the key and more cheap and get less time than prepare a new release for the painters .
    Exactly my thought
    Apart from Black Anodized or Raw, every other faved Color will change like Seasons ...
    Now there is a certain Hype for the bright Neon ones, next Year you may be tired of having it because all the new flashy Parts to buy comes in in something else colorwise ...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    706
    Black anodized stealth, without graphics and black or gray letters.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Exactly my thought
    Apart from Black Anodized or Raw, every other faved Color will change like Seasons ...
    Now there is a certain Hype for the bright Neon ones, next Year you may be tired of having it because all the new flashy Parts to buy comes in in something else colorwise ...
    The tendence it´s go to NEON and FLUO colors... at least 2012-2013.

    Raw and black are a must in a bike.

    The other options depends on the designer and "more or less" people who has been asked... but I think colors in overall are fine.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    417
    Custom color sticker kit would be pretty sweet!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: elsinore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    Custom color sticker kit would be pretty sweet!
    Are you getting a new one dude? This frame looks freaking spectacular. My HD might be gone if the new Rune rides as good as it looks on paper!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Haus Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    The trend is definitely for neon/flouro colors this year/next. But I live in Giants country. I don't think I'll be getting sick of orange any time soon!


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Apart from Black Anodized or Raw, every other faved Color will change like Seasons ...
    this

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,973
    I had a Scythe in that Orange and the paint was not very hardy. Definitely showed the thrashing it received. The Raw Scythe I have now looks a lot better.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    Are you getting a new one dude? This frame looks freaking spectacular. My HD might be gone if the new Rune rides as good as it looks on paper!
    As soon as bonuses land next spring!! Now if I could only decide on a color!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    The trend is definitely for neon/flouro colors this year/next. But I live in Giants country. I don't think I'll be getting sick of orange any time soon!

    GREEN AND GOLD WOLD LOOK BETTER

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,456
    If we're talking orange, definitely this would be my choice.

    konahonzo

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    If we're talking orange, definitely this would be my choice.

    < snip image >
    Yes. 20x yes.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Aeolian Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61
    Just got word from Banshee on the trade-in program so I'll be getting a V2 at a reduced cost and keeping my v1.5 frame. Sweet deal, actually. Raw and black -- simple, because a man never confuses fade with fashion.
    A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolian Solo View Post
    Just got word from Banshee on the trade-in program so I'll be getting a V2 at a reduced cost and keeping my v1.5 frame. Sweet deal, actually. Raw and black -- simple, because a man never confuses fade with fashion.

    Hi Aeolian Solo, did you email them?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Aeolian Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61
    The bike shop from where I purchased the frame is dealing with Banshee -- or Trident. This is a copy of the email I received:

    Adam here. Just got in touch with Banshee. OK, so here’s what they can do for you.



    · Option 1 – Replace your bushings & axel w/ newer versions that should last longer. I’m not 100% sure how much better this will actually be; however since it does seem to be a issue, it sounds like they’d be willing to take care of you on this for a few years out should the problem re-occur again. If you choose this option, this would be at no cost to you. Obviously bushings are bushings and they do wear faster than bearings. I think they went this route not realizing that they’d wear so quickly on some bikes, especially if not maintained properly, hence the V2 having bearings from my understanding.

    · Option 2 – For roughly $1200 or so + S&H, they’ll upgrade you to a Rune V2 w/ shock, which if I’m not mistaken, has bearings instead of bushings now, which should prove to be quite a bit more durable in the long term when compared to bushings. The real kicker here that makes it pretty awesome, at least in my opinion, is they let you keep your original Rune frame. Just buy some replacement bushings & axels or whatever’s actually needed and you’ll either have a spare frame laying around that you can build into 2nd bike for a buddy w/ out a bike to ride with or maybe just sell it on eBay as used.



    Of course there’s no rush on your end to decide. Think about it and let me know what you’d rather do. If you want to reach me, I’m in the office today until 5 PM CST. After that, I won’t be in the office again until Monday morning. If you can’t reach me while I’m here, feel free to just reply via e-mail and I’ll handle it on Monday when I return to the office.
    A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    I have changed region, wonder if my local dealer will help me with this upgrade program.

    Anyway, I have emailed them. hope to get favourable replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolian Solo View Post
    The bike shop from where I purchased the frame is dealing with Banshee -- or Trident. This is a copy of the email I received:

    Adam here. Just got in touch with Banshee. OK, so here’s what they can do for you.



    · Option 1 – Replace your bushings & axel w/ newer versions that should last longer. I’m not 100% sure how much better this will actually be; however since it does seem to be a issue, it sounds like they’d be willing to take care of you on this for a few years out should the problem re-occur again. If you choose this option, this would be at no cost to you. Obviously bushings are bushings and they do wear faster than bearings. I think they went this route not realizing that they’d wear so quickly on some bikes, especially if not maintained properly, hence the V2 having bearings from my understanding.

    · Option 2 – For roughly $1200 or so + S&H, they’ll upgrade you to a Rune V2 w/ shock, which if I’m not mistaken, has bearings instead of bushings now, which should prove to be quite a bit more durable in the long term when compared to bushings. The real kicker here that makes it pretty awesome, at least in my opinion, is they let you keep your original Rune frame. Just buy some replacement bushings & axels or whatever’s actually needed and you’ll either have a spare frame laying around that you can build into 2nd bike for a buddy w/ out a bike to ride with or maybe just sell it on eBay as used.



    Of course there’s no rush on your end to decide. Think about it and let me know what you’d rather do. If you want to reach me, I’m in the office today until 5 PM CST. After that, I won’t be in the office again until Monday morning. If you can’t reach me while I’m here, feel free to just reply via e-mail and I’ll handle it on Monday when I return to the office.

  20. #20
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    I was told by my LBS that I would not be allowed to keep my old Rune...would love to hear from Banshee on this subject as I would love to sell it to help pay for the new frame (or give it to my son...if I get a good enough deal).

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    I was told by my LBS that I would not be allowed to keep my old Rune...would love to hear from Banshee on this subject as I would love to sell it to help pay for the new frame (or give it to my son...if I get a good enough deal).
    Maybe thats because your frame had absolutly no damage as you stated in another thread?

  22. #22
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Maybe thats because your frame had absolutly no damage as you stated in another thread?
    While it is true that my current rune is running well, that is because I have replaced the front triangle once and the rear triangle once.
    Last edited by mudpuppy; 10-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    While it is true that my current rune is running well, that is because I have replaced the front triangle once and the rear triangle twice.
    Wow, how come. It's not from bushing wear.

  24. #24
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Wow, how come. It's not from bushing wear.
    Whoops, each only once.

    I was told bad welds...that plus my weight (265lbs) and my hackish riding style...I have broken twelve frames now...every full suspension bike I have owned except my old transition dirt bag have broken under my awesomeness. That bike climbed ****ty and was too small for me though...the Rune is the perfect bike for me...I love my bike, I just want to make sure I am riding the strongest/best version of the bike so I can have full confidence in my bike and do it as cost neutral as possible.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Whoops, each only once.

    I was told bad welds...that plus my weight (265lbs) and my hackish riding style...I have broken twelve frames now...every full suspension bike I have owned except my old transition dirt bag have broken under my awesomeness. That bike climbed ****ty and was too small for me though...the Rune is the perfect bike for me...I love my bike, I just want to make sure I am riding the strongest/best version of the bike so I can have full confidence in my bike and do it as cost neutral as possible.
    Rivers, I am pretty sure that Kieth wrote on here in one of the posts that people are allowed to keep their old friends. Are you hearing different from Sooke or Trident?

  26. #26
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Hey Don...from SMC Vancouver Island Mountain Biking (VIMB) :: View topic - Banshee Rune/Spitfire Upgrade Program - But I am pretty sure it's Trident not getting the proper info out. I have been in contact with Jay...he has been answering all my inane questions like a rockstar.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Hey Don...from SMC Vancouver Island Mountain Biking (VIMB) :: View topic - Banshee Rune/Spitfire Upgrade Program - But I am pretty sure it's Trident not getting the proper info out. I have been in contact with Jay...he has been answering all my inane questions like a rockstar.
    Just read that link and I dont see any savings for existing customers with damaged frames.

    $1000 to $1500 + shipping + paint and you DONT keep your current frame?
    I hope his info is incorrect

  28. #28
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Just read that link and I dont see any savings for existing customers with damaged frames.

    $1000 to $1500 + shipping + paint and you DONT keep your current frame?
    I hope his info is incorrect
    I think it is....talk to your local distributor or ask Banshee themselves.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Deleted
    Last edited by Mishtar; 10-13-2012 at 08:07 PM.

  30. #30
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Yeah...again if you want real answers contact Banshee...there seems to be a lot of misinformation going around and it needs to be sorted out. I would not take old information that was posted on the boards months ago or what joe schmoe says here as rock solid information. Listen to Keith and Jay in their recent posts, or heck ask them yourselves...they are super awesome people and will get back to you when they can (they are not in North America...so it might take a day)....I hope this gets sorted and everyone gets the right information in their hands (especially the dealers who are fielding a lot of questions from their customers right now.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    There are a variety of upgrade options, some of which will let you keep your current frame. You will have to discuss the options with your dealer.
    Last edited by builttoride; 10-10-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Yeah...again if you want real answers contact Banshee...there seems to be a lot of misinformation going around and it needs to be sorted out. I would not take old information that was posted on the boards months ago or what joe schmoe says here as rock solid information. Listen to Keith and Jay in their recent posts, or heck ask them yourselves...they are super awesome people and will get back to you when they can (they are not in North America...so it might take a day)....I hope this gets sorted and everyone gets the right information in their hands (especially the dealers who are fielding a lot of questions from their customers right now.
    Does the above not count as a real answer? It was posted by Jay himself.

    Side note whats up with your phone? Goes straight to voice mail for the last few days.

  33. #33
    The Mountain Bike Life
    Reputation: mudpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,337
    Yeah...best to contact me by other means....phone is not working right now.

    Keith...from a customer standpoint what you just said is very frustrating...I can understand why from a dealer standpoint trading in the frame is a good option to create less confusion and frustration in the future (someone trying to do another trade in on a bike that has already been traded in), but from a customer standpoint it is very frustrating to hear others being able to sell their frames and make this as cost neutral as possible and others not able to take advantage of this great offer.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,023
    The upgrade prices will vary so that lost earnings from not being able to sell the old bike should be covered if old bike is taken as part exchange (to be recycled) for new one.

    Jay's post was made months ago when we were trying to develop a solution to look after our customers as best we could, it was just something we were aiming towards. It never was the solution, just a work in progress as he made very clear in the first few words.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    In few words.
    You take old frames or not?

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    deleted
    Last edited by Mishtar; 10-12-2012 at 04:34 AM.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    if thats the case, i will never buy another banshee again,.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    if thats the case, i will never buy another banshee again,.
    Not sure what you don't like out of all of that but it all seems pretty fair to me. I would have maybe liked to see the $1350 one around 1200 but not a big deal.

  39. #39
    Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Reputation: NoStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    if thats the case, i will never buy another banshee again,.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Not sure what you don't like out of all of that but it all seems pretty fair to me. I would have maybe liked to see the $1350 one around 1200 but not a big deal.
    Me too
    Honestly, what do the Banshee-Guys miss for the Customers that do have serious issues? Full Replacement free of Charge? Free replacement axles and bushings? To generally pay for a brandnew 2013er Frame, depending on Upgrade-Option?

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    590
    I, as a 2009 Rune V1 owner, am very very pleased with the upgrade offering made by banshee... I is a generous offer they would not be obligated to do, and from this point of view, getting a new 2013 frame for roughly half the price is a good deal for my...

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I, as a 2009 Rune V1 owner, am very very pleased with the upgrade offering made by banshee... I is a generous offer they would not be obligated to do, and from this point of view, getting a new 2013 frame for roughly half the price is a good deal for my...
    That´s the point...

    Some times people used to think that it´s pretty normal to offer a upgrade program such this but... it´s just the opposite.. in this case, we should be pleased to have a chance like this...

    Try with Specialized and Trek or Santa Cruz...Hydesg and then tell to us the answer

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I, as a 2009 Rune V1 owner, am very very pleased with the upgrade offering made by banshee... I is a generous offer they would not be obligated to do, and from this point of view, getting a new 2013 frame for roughly half the price is a good deal for my...
    You realize you cant keep you current frame right? I usually sell my frames for 1/2 of what I bought them for.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    You realize you cant keep you current frame right? I usually sell my frames for 1/2 of what I bought them for.
    Well considering a 2012 frame could be had for 1500 on sale and a 11 frame for 1k you would be still making out great. Hlaf of what you paid for a 2011 would be what $800 so it pretty much comes out to the same price. Plus a 2009 frame probably sold for $1500 max so $750 would be half and probably would not sell for that due to the fear around the bushing issue (which not everyone had and probably few in total % wise) so it works out to about the same price with no hassel of trying to sell a frame.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2
    what other bike company has offered an upgrade program before? I've certainly never heard of one before, now all these banshee owners feel that they're owed free frames? Keith and Jay are trying to do something positive for their customers, be grateful...

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by drstu View Post
    what other bike company has offered an upgrade program before? I've certainly never heard of one before, now all these banshee owners feel that they're owed free frames? Keith and Jay are trying to do something positive for their customers, be grateful...
    Is your frame eating itself away like mine and full of play? It's no fun when there is so much that you keep stopping during a ride to see if it is your fork or headset.
    One could say they should get a warranty replacement frame "free" if their frame is eating itself away and under warranty.
    It's great they want to work with there existing customers with their warranty claims, and some customers out of warranty and offer the V2.

    I am still waiting to hear back on my claim sent in 3 weeks ago.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2
    upgrade replacement is not the same thing as warranty replacement.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by drstu View Post
    upgrade replacement is not the same thing as warranty replacement.
    Ah, OK, I agree with your previous post then.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    590
    yeah, an upgrade and a warranty are 2 pairs of shoes...
    and for the response time, I would attribute this to the distributer, since the banshee guys always answer very quickly...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •