mtbr member
    Jul 2012

CCDB Inline for a Banshee Spitfire.

I am thinking about a new shock for my Banshee. No real reason particularly but i like to try out different kit.

I had done a lot of reading and i think i'm gonna go with the new CCDB Inline, but i cant find a base tune on their site. No rear problem but i'm wondering if anyone else id running one and what their experiences are.

Cheers all :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by macthekife View Post
    I am thinking about a new shock for my Banshee. No real reason particularly but i like to try out different kit.

I had done a lot of reading and i think i'm gonna go with the new CCDB Inline, but i cant find a base tune on their site. No rear problem but i'm wondering if anyone else id running one and what their experiences are.

Cheers all :-)
    I had the same concern on mine. When you get the shock, you will see the base tune card and the specs are the same as the double barrel.
    2014 L Banshee Spitfire Black

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by guswalls View Post
    I had the same concern on mine. When you get the shock, you will see the base tune card and the specs are the same as the double barrel.
    Got a base tune from TF Tuned as i got the shock from them. Very helpful guys TBH.

Away with work at the moment so will fit it when i get home next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First run out today, very nice shock but it will take some time and patience to get it dialled in properly. My suspension set up expertise is pretty limited so a softly softly approach will be in order. :-)

mtbr member

2014 Spitfire w/ CCDB Inline Questions

I have been riding my Spitfire for a couple of months now and getting used to it and have some questions.

I am 6'2" and weigh about 205-210 out of the shower. I weighed myself the other day with clothes on and was surprised to see that I gained 10 pounds without helmet, gloves and pack. On colder days, I don't like to wear a water pack.

When I first rode the bike it was very wallow and would feel like a boat and I would get stuck on technical climbs. The bike was very plush and would blow through all of its travel very easily.

The card that came with the bike said that the sag should be about 17mm, but CC's online site shows a sag of 15mm. I now know that I should reset the sag with my winter clothes instead of my summer clothes.

I have turned the low speed compression 2 clicks and got the climbing firmness that I am looking for. I also tried turning the low speed rebound a quarter turn to try to stop from using the travel so easily.

My questions:
    * Have you Inline owners set the sag with 15 or 17mm?
    * How did you get the shock to not blow through its travel so easily?
    * The card I received says the low speed have 25 clicks, but online it says 18 clicks. Which one is true?
    * Should I use more sag with more compression or less sag with less compression

By the way, I do like the ability to change many settings on the shock to get the bike to my preferences even though this is my first suspension trail bike. I had a hardball before.

After fiddling with the shock, I will move on to the Pike which leaves about an inch of travel unused.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It sounds to me like you might have a rune tuning card instead of a spitfire one maybe so follow the tune on our website and cane creeks website as a base, the spitfire works best in the 13-16mm range of sag. Personally I like 15mm, but it depends on what you want. You can see sag settings for all bikes here... Born on the Shore - The Banshee Bikes Blog: Search results for sag

As a bigger dude, I recommend you adding some volume reduction spacers to the shock (is an easy job you can do yourself without special tools). This will add bottom out resistance. Then you can dial in the compression damping from there. You'll likely want to run more compression damping than the base tune, but you can follow their field tuning guide to dial it in to your liking.

So I'd suggest that yu first add volume spacers, then revert to base tune and sag, and then adjust from there to match your preferances (the cane creek field guide avaliable oline is useful).
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Thank You for responding Mr. Scott,
    I was researching this shock in other threads and discovered that my air pressure was way too low. I had to reread the instruction manual and up the air pressure in the shock to between 190-200psi. I didn't realize that shocks could take this much pressure. I had the pressure between 150-160.

Should I sag the bike at my heaviest and then leave it alone or use two riding weights a summer and winter? I usually don't like wearing packs, but will still have to put one on and redo the sag again with my winter clothes and full face. Once the weather gets below 30, I wear a full face to keep warm. I don't have a balaclava and my thermal headcap doesn't cover my ears or face.

I will trust that the specs with 18 clicks and 15mm sag are the guides that I should be using and start fiddling with the shock from there.

Thank You again for making bikes with threaded bottom brackets. I really liked the red on the 2013s, but bought the wrong size. I now have a black 2014 and will have to find someone in the States to color my stickers.

I also didn't realize that the blue strip was the volume spacers and they went in the trash.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I personally check sag every few rides just to make sure it's still good, as over time a few psi might escape or something. Just make sure you are in riding position so bike is weighted as you'd ride it... ideally do this by gently riding around a paved area when checking sag.

Just remember that suspension setup is very personal, so don't pay too much attention to other peoples settings, and just tune to what feels good for you. The base tune is just as suggested starting point, nothing more.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog