dft
    mtbr member

best air shock for the rune

i'm thinking of getting a spare. i currently have a dhx coil and like to go lighter for longer rides.

is the evolver the best setup for the rune? is even a lighter air shock like a monarch decent or probably not?

Thanks

mtbr member
    i think the pushed monarch rt/am would be a great choice for an air shock for the rune. tuned for you and your weight/riding style and they're on sale right now

Push Industries - RockShox Monarch RT/RT-AM

mtbr member
    I have been running a Push Monarch RT-AM on a Spitfire all season and it complements the linkage extremely well. If you go this route, I would recommend asking Push to install a bottom out bumper to make the shock ramp up faster at the end of the stroke and the air spring curve of the Monarch will really shine. If you are looking at performance over extended DH runs, the Monarch plus may be a valuable upgrade for the improved heat dissipation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    I have been running a Push Monarch RT-AM on a Spitfire all season and it complements the linkage extremely well. If you go this route, I would recommend asking Push to install a bottom out bumper to make the shock ramp up faster at the end of the stroke and the air spring curve of the Monarch will really shine. If you are looking at performance over extended DH runs, the Monarch plus may be a valuable upgrade for the improved heat dissipation.
    monarch plus looks great but i can't stomach 500 plus for an air shock when i can get an elka coil for 450

dft
    mtbr member
    thanks, that does look like a good deal.
    do you think the larger volumne air can is needed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dft View Post
    thanks, that does look like a good deal.
    do you think the larger volumne air can is needed?
    talk to push, it depends on your weight i think and the suspensions leverage curve. the guys at push would have the best idea

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I ran the evolver for nearly 3000 miles. I changed it out three times because each started leaking oil right around 100 miles. Garage Works does a nice rebuild. I loved the shock on the Rune but I can't keep replacing them so I am moving to a Fox DHX 5.0. Evolver is a great air shock.

Woodlot local
    Quote Originally Posted by mollystocks View Post
    I ran the evolver for nearly 3000 miles. I changed it out three times because each started leaking oil right around 100 miles. Garage Works does a nice rebuild. I loved the shock on the Rune but I can't keep replacing them so I am moving to a Fox DHX 5.0. Evolver is a great air shock.
    Sounds like who ever rebuilt it for you used sub par o-rings. The only parts that wear should be the o-rings and 100miles before leaking sounds like the o-rings aren't doing their job.

I get WAY more miles than that before rebuilds.

I totally recommend the ISX-6