Creepy tooth fairy

Beefcake the Mighty!!!

Name:  gwar140_828105-400x266.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  26.7 KB

Banshee rigs have never been known for being svelte ballerina bikes. This is a good thing for riders like me that have broken everything bike related under the sun. The first one I ever saw was an early Scream in '02 that was an absolute battleship. Much has changed since then and as I look towards scoring a new Rune in the next couple of months. I would like others to ring in on the climbing prowess of their KS-link equipped Banshees. I am neither a Park princess nor a shuttle sweetheart so every bit of gnar I find I have to earn. My (soon to be) bike, a medium Rune will build up to around 30-31 lbs with the kit I have stockpiled. My previous rig was 32.5 lbs so weight is not really a concern. My friends that have current Banshees rave about how well they climb, but I wanted further feedback from the peanut gallery. Let'er rip!!!
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

MTB B'dos
    On a pre-production Prime, thought my Paradox was the best climber until I got the Prime My Prime definitely climbs very well, suspension is very efficient and tweaks were made to improve the KS-Link for production and others who've ridden both PP and productions concur that the tweaks improved the suspension from PP versions. Put the right shock on there and you'll have a very versatile bike.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Put the right shock on there and you'll have a very bike.
    Mine will have a DB Air. In fact, after riding Double Barrels on three different bikes (2 coils and an air) I would be hard pressed to ride anything else.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    My old bike is a 456 Evo that climbes like ****. My new bike is a Banshee Spitfire. The new bike is like cheating. I love a sport where one can buy skill...

dlc
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    U doubt me???

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    While the weather has really been holding me back here in southeast PA, I've got enough miles on the spitfire to be very happy with its climbing. Hell, I almost made one climb covered in snow and ice that I couldn't get on my old hardtail. Made some other really techy climbs on the first try. The KS link works, and works well, and mine has the fox rear shock. The only thing I did wrong was not get the CC double barrel. My buddy has a rune V2 and he's thrilled with it as well. Even with the Foxes though, neither of us feel the need to use climb mode.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hellbelly PM me if you have any questions on these bikes I would love to help. I have built many of the V2s and everyone has been unreal.

The climbing ability of any of the three (rune, spit, and Prime) will blow you away. you never would think that it can go up with ease. You wont set any records but the way the suspension works it just efficient, comforable and tracks uphill.

Good call on the CCDB, it really is worlds apart from the fox stuff. Something to think about is Xfusion vector air. I have install one on the past 3 buids and its really impressive for the money. Its a great oprtion if the cost is too much on the CCDB

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrv6 View Post
    Hellbelly PM me if you have any questions on these bikes I would love to help. I have built many of the V2s and everyone has been unreal.

The climbing ability of any of the three (rune, spit, and Prime) will blow you away. you never would think that it can go up with ease. You wont set any records but the way the suspension works it just efficient, comforable and tracks uphill.

Good call on the CCDB, it really is worlds apart from the fox stuff. Something to think about is Xfusion vector air. I have install one on the past 3 buids and its really impressive for the money. Its a great oprtion if the cost is too much on the CCDB
    The short story is I already have a DB Air that fits it.

The long story is that I had a Santa Cruz Butcher up until the past fall when I decided that the pros of better geometry and the bigger 27.5 wheels were worth investing in a new rig. I was all set to make a relative lateral move to the new SC Heckler as A. I already was fan of Santa Cruz and B. I would not need a new shock as the one from the Butcher was the same length. However, after hearing my friends rave nonstop about their Banshees (Primes), reading nothing but glowing reviews of the Rune and the Rune having even more of the geometry I wanted I was sold. The cost of the frame is not much more than the Heckler (w/o a shock) too. I am waiting until April to purchase the black on black when it become available.

Thanx.

mtbr member
    My Rune is fawking awesome. I'm not the best at climbing but I do pretty damn good on this thing. I've made a few climbs I couldnt make on my old Norco with the same part's. Its my one bike quiver. Somedays it goes XC riding for hours, someday's its climb to the top and bomb back down and recently its been a snow riding machine.

I'm a big guy and not the smoothest rider out there. Theres times the bike takes the abuse of me being a less than perfect rider. I push the bike hard and it just takes it. It doesnt feel flexy or like its giving it just sucks it up and let you focus on whats next.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Just built a a prime for a guy who traded in a butcher for it. He is never looking back. the rune is very simular too. Your going to love it.