BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010

Banshee rune v2 strange cut in linkage

Has anyone seen something like this on there bike .I spotted this while cleaning bike it looks like a production defect and should I worry it is a weak spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee rune v2 strange cut in linkage-936002_655360841163289_825008250_n.jpg  

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Are you shure that it was like this right out of the Box?

BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Are you shure that it was like this right out of the Box?
    No I can not be sure of that since I have had the frame for at least six months but it is a very strange cut it looks to perfect for a rock or anything else it almost looks like a perfect hacksaw cut.I just need to know if it will crack there.T here is no visible cracks that I can see.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Yes, just kooks like a Cut from a Saw. Maybe this happened during building up the Bike? Canīt imagine this going off the Factory like this.
    But I donīt think this is a serious weak Point, as the Links are full Metal-Material ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Are you running a front derailleur? Looks like the cable rub. If so make sure that the cable is run throught the right cable guide to match your front derailleur.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Are you running a front derailleur? Looks like the cable rub. If so make sure that the cable is run throught the right cable guide to match your front derailleur.
    No front derailed so no cable to rub in that location the cable would be cut if it was any where near the linkage.

BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Yes, just kooks like a Cut from a Saw. Maybe this happened during building up the Bike? Canīt imagine this going off the Factory like this.
    But I donīt think this is a serious weak Point, as the Links are full Metal-Material ...
    the bike came built all the linkage was already together and I cannot imagine what could have caused this on the trail and how I would have not noticed.

BILLDAWG
    Feb 2010
    I just want to know if it will hold up and who could tell me this from Banshee?

Professional Troll
    Yeah dude, that's just a surface thing. Probably a rock hit it. Aluminum is soft. Don't worry worry about it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    That will hold up just fine I'm sure. To play safe just keep an eye on it and if you see any crack forming or stresslines (whitening) then let Banshee know... but I'd be very surprised indeed if this ever happened as the links are overly strong to increase frame stiffness.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Every time I go shuttling my bike comes home with damage much worse than that. Last time I got a big scrape on my swing arm, scratches on my stem&bars, and my phone got dunked in beer. all part of the fun!