Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

755K views 3K replies 404 participants last post by  windv 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I think I´m the first to have the official and final Banshee Rune v2. Nothing but to say that this is the really first bike I see it´s almost perfect!!! Since the geometries (absolutely awesome) until the suspension system... probably the best I´ve ever try in my life ( my last bike was a Ibis mojo hd and it was a good bike too but... this Rune is outstanding)

Well.. before the photo session it´s important to point out some data to get a better idea about this kind of bike...

Frame weight --> Size L ( 3.6 kilos With shock) ( 7.9 lbs)

The main points of this bike are

Head Angle (With lyrik 170mm rc2 dh coil) --> 65º
Seat Angle --> 73,5º
Bottom Bracket Heigh --> 345mm ( So less than the geo chart even with the lyrik)
Wheelbase --> 1185mm

Bike Check (see image)

Text White Line Colorfulness Black

And the images.. ENJOY THE VIEW GUYS!! :D

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Bicycle accessory Metal Carbon Composite material Steel

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle chain Bicycle drivetrain part

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

See less See more
#1,039 ·
Well then, if needed that little fender is a good idea.

One other thing, regarding DBair... does anybody know if current or future deliveries from Trident will ship with the the new XV can? Have any of you upgraded to teh XV can on your V2?
As per this email i recieved the XV can won't be out for a month or so.

"my apologies, it seems as though I didn't sent out a further update.

Our first production run wasn't up to snuff, so I'm afraid there's been a further delay. We're now looking at first of May before we can ship. I'm sorry about this -- we wanted to be sure they're absolutely spot on!""

#1,042 · (Edited)
My arm finally healed up enough for me to get out for a ride yesterday. I cannot really comment on the new Rune vs the old as it has been so long since I rode and I think I only had 3 rides on the Rune since last may as I was mainly riding the Wilson. About the only thing I did notice was even though it is VERY Slack it did not wander to bad on the few climbs I had the lungs for. I have a few more parts I am changing out then I will grab a weight and post up what the full build is.

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel

#1,046 ·
Another ride today and the Rune doesn't stop to impress me. I'm finally riding it with the Lyrik R2C DH and the bike starts to show it's capabilities!

What really annoys me though is the seatpost diameter being off. Today my Reverb slipped again down for appr. 3-4 mm. I'm using a Tune Würger but cannot go the whole 5 NM since otherwise the Reverb would not be able to use it's whole travel.

Keith, is there any suggestion?

#1,058 ·
Well i finally took delivery of my Rune and got her built up last night, there is a bit of play between the seat post and tube but i think it'll be ok. I ordered it with the CCDB and like some other people on here I have a little play in the DU. I take it the distributor sort it out? Just a case of putting a new DU in or something?

Pics to follow!

#1,061 ·
Here she is! Took it out last night for a spin, well impressed with its climbing ability! Going to take a wee while to get used to, a lot longer and slacker than i'm used to, quite easy to push the front so might put it in neutral, rather like the low bb though! The shock is going to take some figuring out as well...bring it on! Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

#1,063 ·
some words on the other side considering the seat tube diameter,
i got a KS LEV 150mm, using a tune würger, too.
I put some carbon fibre assembly paste on the KS LEV, got the tune würger about 4nm and its bomb proof. Ridn it for about 1 Month and notihing slidin down.
Maybe it is the combination of the Reverb with the Rune´s seattube.?#

Got my Rune @ 30,55lbs, with the KS LEV, hope 2 get a RS LYrik solo air 170mm next month. With a little luck, maybe get the Rune under 30lbs :)

#1,064 ·
I wrapped my seatpost (ks lev) with 1 layer of tinfoil and it worked perfectly.
Thats how small the difference between is. I had bit of play before and had to clamp
the seatpost very hard to not have it slip. I'm now at 4Nm and no problem at all.

Should not have to do this imo, but what the heck, it works :)

#1,066 ·
Does anyone know how big of a difference the drop in chainstay is, compared to the previous version of the Rune? I have an E13 SRS+ 32t and it doesn't have any adjustability on the spacing of the lower roller and the thought that it might not fit my new frame, has been bugging me for a while.

#1,068 ·
After riding the bike over the weekend I feel i have to echo PTD's comments, this bike is f*cking brilliant. I'm still not completely at 1 with it yet and have to tweak the shock (going to take time) yet I've KOM'd a fair few of my local runs on my first attempt...awesome. I'm really surprised at how well it climbs as well, even in the slackest setting. Nice 1 Keith!

#1,069 ·
Just got my frame today. It's a yellow one. I'm sad to say, that the decals realy are a dark green colour.
HOWEVER, Banshee didn't want to send the frame out due to this fact and to deliver a product that lives up to my expectations. The thing is my distributor requested the frame to be send out anyways. I don't blame my distributor as he only wished to supply me with a frame as fast as possible. And I certainly don't blame Banshee since they work on the problem and they intended to deliver a perfect product.
For anyone who is interested and the ones stating that Banshee false advertised the decal colours:
From what I've learned the decals were intended to be black but somehow reacted with the clear coat during the coating process causing it to turn into a dark greenish colour. This stuff does happen and especially in small series productions or when you try something new. Banshee is clearly working on a solution for this problem and I bet they will manage it fast. I contacted Banshee for some new decals so I could stick them over the green ones and they did not hesitate to send me those without charge.
So thanks a bunch Banshee and good luck with overcoming this issue!

The only thing I will mention here is that the prototype looked much better to my eye since it wasn't full of decals. I would consider just putting the brand and the framename (+ BOTS logo) on the Frame without the other decals on the next year's version of the Frame. But maybe that's just me.

Edit:
Oh and I do not have any seatpost or clamping issues, maybe I got lucky or that issue is solved.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.