Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

755K views 3K replies 404 participants last post by  windv 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I think I´m the first to have the official and final Banshee Rune v2. Nothing but to say that this is the really first bike I see it´s almost perfect!!! Since the geometries (absolutely awesome) until the suspension system... probably the best I´ve ever try in my life ( my last bike was a Ibis mojo hd and it was a good bike too but... this Rune is outstanding)

Well.. before the photo session it´s important to point out some data to get a better idea about this kind of bike...

Frame weight --> Size L ( 3.6 kilos With shock) ( 7.9 lbs)

The main points of this bike are

Head Angle (With lyrik 170mm rc2 dh coil) --> 65º
Seat Angle --> 73,5º
Bottom Bracket Heigh --> 345mm ( So less than the geo chart even with the lyrik)
Wheelbase --> 1185mm

Bike Check (see image)

Text White Line Colorfulness Black

And the images.. ENJOY THE VIEW GUYS!! :D

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Bicycle accessory Metal Carbon Composite material Steel

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle chain Bicycle drivetrain part

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

See less See more
#942 ·
Some people do spend some time putting their bikes together with components that mesh and stick to a color scheme that they have in mind. Me personally, I am all about sticking to my color scheme. Not to toot my own horn (TOOT TOOT) but I can shred and the bike looks good doing it!! I also think that it could be a miscalculation on Banshee's part sending this thing out with green decals.......However I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt and say....Maybe its just that the decals they are using are in fact black. Since the screaming yellow paint is "sunshine bright" it comes through the black making it appear green but they (Banshee) is in such a rush trying to get these orders filled and keep the customers happy. In the end the bike will do all the talking and I have a feeling these yellow Runes talk REALLY REALLY LOUD!

HOLLA!!

#943 ·
Bottom line: if you advertise something as X, and it turns out to be Y, you deserve to be called out for it. Likewise, if a customer wants it to be X, and it turns out to be Y, that customer is allowed to have whatever reaction they want, including returning the frame. They are the buyer, and are entitled to make choices on what they want. If my advertised black and white frame comes back as black and pink, you can be damned sure Banshee will be getting their frame back.

#946 ·
Why is there so much Complaining about the Decals on the V2s? Seems like some Customers are unhappy they are under Clear-Coat, so can´t remove them bla bla. I have never heard Trek- or Giant- or whatever-Riders want to remove the Decals off the Frame and are complaining because they can´t. Now the yellow Rune got dark green Decals, which looks pretty great and unique in my Opinion. If you don´t like them, then the hell get your Frame Coated again, get Custom Decals to your liking, Costs will take only around 100-150 Euros when done professionally, and individually ...
Better thing to do is get the Bike on the Trails, get it muddy and dirty and ride the $hit out of it - no one cares about Decal-Color when it´s under the best Coating ever - Dirt from the Trails!

#959 ·
Looking at these pictures I think I may have to cancel my order and try and choose another colour. It's my opinion and mine only but I think those green decals on a yellow frame look awful. The picture I have which I saw when choosing the colour was that of a yellow frame with jet black decals. There was also a guy on here earlier in the thread who had one turn up with jet black decals.

Bottom line, consistency is the key and the customer deserves that. Keith, what's the crack mate?

Lee.

#980 ·
Rune does Sedona

The bike totally slayed the trails at Sedona today. So much, I had to take it out twice on two totally different rides in the morning and later in the afternoon. This bike loves railing and romping up/down chunk and chunder I must say. Very much dig it here!
Tire Wheel Spoke Bicycle wheel rim Mountainous landforms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.